The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotto v Margarito: How it goes

+5
oxring
Scottrf
coxy0001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Cotto v Margarito: How it goes Empty Cotto v Margarito: How it goes

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Ok so how do you guys see this going? I wont do a poll as i would like to hear how you see it going. I have a tenner on Cotto points but in the wake of all this AMrgarito eye toruble i now think one of them may be getting stopped again. I do still think Cotto might eek out a narrow UD whith Cheato coming on late.

Can't wait,hope MArgacheato gets smashed to be honest, but how do you see it going?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Cotto v Margarito: How it goes Empty Re: Cotto v Margarito: How it goes

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Would love to see Cotto get smashed up a bit.

Then Marg can fight Marteniz again in a rematch and Sergio will effectivley take him apart.

I don't think Cotto has the tools to hurt Marg.

But Martinez at Light Middle/ Middle is so much better than his days at Welter.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Whilst many think Cotto will want to do a number on Margarito DESPITE ANY PROVE WHATSOEVER THAT MARGARITO HAD ILLEGAL HANDWRAPS ON FOR THAT FIRST FIGHT, I believe Miguel will be wary of his opponent. A beating like that, however contentious, is bound to leave a psychological scar on a fighter and, given Manny busted Miguel up just as badly a few fights later on, there's plenty to suggest that Cotto is in for another hard night if he's tagged.

Maybe Cotto goes for a safety first performance but it's rare if ever that he fights this way. I can see him at some point, either due to lack of stamina or a machismo headrush, stand and try to trade with Margarito (however briefly) and get tagged. Whether Margarito has enough time on the clock or gas in the tank to take advantage is another matter.

My heart says that despite wanting Cotto to dish out a 12 round beating, the fight will fail to live up to the hype (let's face it, it would have to be Haglar/Hearns, Ali/Frazier all rolled into one to stand a chance). There will be brief cameos of their first fight but all in all and bit of a let down with Cotto getting the nod on the cards*

* With my predicting skills, this obviously means Margarito wins after a seven KD thriller

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Here's my highly complex equation:

Margarito - handwraps x shot*2 = Wide UD for Cotto

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:11 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Here's my highly complex equation:

You realise you're only putting down Margarito to make Pacquiao's win look worse. The same way you predicted Marquez to be awful and lose in 3 so he didn't get credit if he won. Too much arguing with D4 has blinded you.

Just don't put money on it this time.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Here's my highly complex equation:

You realise you're only putting down Margarito to make Pacquiao's win look worse. The same way you predicted Marquez to be awful and lose in 3 so he didn't get credit if he won. Too much arguing with D4 has blinded you.

Just don't put money on it this time.

No no, looking awful against a journeyman/Pacquiao/demolished by Mosley in his last 3 fights has drawn me to that conclusion.

I picked Cotto to beat him last time, i don't think he'll get drawn into the wrong fight again in all honesty. And i'm just betting on Cotto as part of a treble, i've got an inkling the ref might save him from a beating this time round. Only an inkling but enough to stop me laying any money on a single bet on the UD.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Like Coxy i am judging Marg as much for the terrible performance agianst the journeymen he fought before pac,and then the beating from pac. It is an advantage its at a higher weight for Cheato as Cotto really has no business at 153, but i think/hope like DaVE that Cotto eeks out the UD. ALl the close rounds will go Cottos way, that much i do know

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Just a reminder - in case anyone is considering posting anything libellous or borderline libellous - don't.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Comlpetely on the fence with it, the ting is with this fight even if Cotto is winning the early rounds it might not tell us the whole story however if Margarito starts winning the early rounds you can bet your house that it's not gonna end well for Miguel.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:29 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Comlpetely on the fence with it, the ting is with this fight even if Cotto is winning the early rounds it might not tell us the whole story however if Margarito starts winning the early rounds you can bet your house that it's not gonna end well for Miguel.

Are you from Jamaica?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:30 pm

oxring wrote:Just a reminder - in case anyone is considering posting anything libellous or borderline libellous - don't.

Like Margarito tried to cheat against Mosley and therefore will have suspicions regarding all his previous fights?

He couldn't prove he didn't cheat, we can point to when he did try to cheat for why we have suspicions.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Anyone think Marg's eye might open up again?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:Anyone think Marg's eye might open up again?

I'd certainly hope he fights with both eyes open

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Comlpetely on the fence with it, the ting is with this fight even if Cotto is winning the early rounds it might not tell us the whole story however if Margarito starts winning the early rounds you can bet your house that it's not gonna end well for Miguel.

Are you from Jamaica?

Yeah have you a problem?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:46 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
oxring wrote:Just a reminder - in case anyone is considering posting anything libellous or borderline libellous - don't.

Like Margarito tried to cheat against Mosley and therefore will have suspicions regarding all his previous fights?

He couldn't prove he didn't cheat, we can point to when he did try to cheat for why we have suspicions.

Suspicions are fine Coxy. The fact that he tried to cheat against Mosley is not libellous, he was banned by CSAC. He has now served his time. Suspicions will always be present, however - see the head to head link, kindly provided by Scott. As long as no-one states definitively that Margarito wore illegal hand wraps before Mosley, I will not protest nor complain.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:23 pm

he's a cheat and a scoundral Oxring!!

Ok, i will calm down

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:35 pm

He is a very very bold boy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:35 pm

I don't think Marg is as shot as some think, perhaps he didn't look great against Pac however he kept coming forward and Cotto isn't exactly Manny and it all depends on whether he can hold him off this time, I don't think there will be too much different in this fight, those that are saying that Cotto will just beat Marg down are gonna be suprised. I would be suprised if he can push him back at almost any stage in the fight to be hoenst just like last time, it just depends if Marg has slowed down and isn't able to sustain the pressure and walk through as many shots as he could before and the eye damage could come into play. Think he should be ok though and I expect it to be a very close fight, still on the fence as to who gets th win though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Alex he has been beat to a pulp twice in a row. And in those fights he was never competitive. He got an absolute tanking.

Look at the history of fighters who get beating like that towards the end of their career. He is shot too pieces, but I only give him a chance against Cotto based on the rivelary and the fact Cotto has taken similar beatings.

I would even go as far as saying the JCCJr would probably take Marg apart at this stage in his career.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:48 pm

is it just me or does cotto actually look bigger at this weight than margarito does?

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 pm

I actually want Marg to win but I reckon the beating Pac and SSM gave him has taken too much out of him. The weight will also suit Cotto more. Wide UD for Cotto in a boring fight. Cotto fights a disciplined fight behind the jab all night.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down