The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robshaw for England Captain

+4
Effervescing Elephant
Armchairexpert
beshocked
robshaw4england
8 posters

Go down

Robshaw for England Captain Empty Robshaw for England Captain

Post by robshaw4england Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

"And another player states his confusion at why Moody was selected with him instead favouring Chris Robshaw of Harlequins. "[Chris] Robshaw and [Tom] Wood proved themselves to be the fittest, the strongest and played out of their skin in training, but then they were overlooked for senior players and we reverted to type." ESPN <http://www.espnscrum.com/england/rugby/story/154822.html>

Discuss.

robshaw4england

Back to top Go down

Robshaw for England Captain Empty Re: Robshaw for England Captain

Post by beshocked Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:55 am

You have a serious crush on Robshaw don't you?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Armchairexpert Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

I believe Sharples did rather well too........

I think it is a case of the truism that you need a lot of caps in the team to win a world cup being taken the wrong way.

ie not that ideally your best player by the WC have plenty of caps under their belt but that caps are actually more important than quality or form.

if the later were true we just need to coax Jason Leonard, Rory Underwood et al out of retirement for 2015 and we are sorted

And by the way I think the above is an argument for Robshaw to be in the squad and maybe the team but not necessarily straight in as captain!!! But I admire your enthusiasm!!

Armchairexpert

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:01 am

Never really had you down as a Robshaw fan, still you live and learn...
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:03 am

I see a restraining order coming your way...

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:06 am

I think most posters agree that Wood and Robshaw would feature together in a well ballanced back row - its just finding that quality 8 to go between them.
The more I think on it - I suspect (whoever picks the team) it will still be Easter. With Waldrom as the back-up.

It would be really nice if an interim manager is picked, if he selects the EPS squad and 6N team on good club form - with no consequences (as he is there short term anyway).

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

Don't rate Robshaw as a club captain (though I understand he's improved this season), don't see why he would be captaining England until he's proven himself.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

Not sure as Captain...but i would be happy with 6.Robshaw 7. Wood...and i can put up with Easter at 8 for the short term as well.

I think that is a reasonably balanced back row...Wood whilst not a real 7...has all the skills and is tough to go with it...and Robshaw is a tough player.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by robshaw4england Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:01 pm

ok ok i'll admit maybe advocating Robshaw for England captain was a bit of a joke...

How 'formerly known as Sam' doesn't rate Robshaw as a club captain is preposterous - last season he led by example, and his decision-making as captain improved game by game, towards the end of the season Quins were pushing hard for a the top 6 spot despite a poor start to the season and they eventually won the Amlin Challenge Cup.

This season Robshaw has led Quins to 12 wins out of 12 in all competitions, has led by example and become more vocal on and off of the pitch. He is the type of player who even when you are on the backfoot, he will be making the key tackles, driving players back and making hard yards. An inspirational player and captain who could be a top quality player for England.

Conor O'Shea agree's with me and so does Nick Easter.

robshaw4england

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down