The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made?

4 posters

Go down

London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made? Empty London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made?

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:57 am

This may seem sad but one of the things I look forward to most about the olympics, is the video game to come out (and no not the Wii Mario and & Sonic at the London 2012 olympic games one I've been seeing advertised on t.v).

Been a huge fan since Athens 2004, and enjoyed Beijing 2008. The game generally improved, although I did prefer the sprinting on 2004, and I think this is down to the fact that I preferred the x and o buttons on the ps2 pad (small and easier to rapidly hit) than the bigger a and b buttons on the xbox pad.

For starters I think the swimming could be made a bit more exciting, most people enjoy the sprinting most (same as in real life) however swimming doesn't seem to interest people as much in the game as real life. Not sure if the extra breathing feature on Beijing 2008 was necessary either.

Another thing I'd like to be added is amateur boxing!

Are you a fan of these olympic games? if so what could be improved, or what sport could be added?

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made? Empty Re: London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made?

Post by BigPhil Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

I think the olympic games were panned when they came out. I don't hold much hope for the formal olympic 2012 game either. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made? Empty Re: London 2012 Olympic video game - improvements to be made?

Post by Dass Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

Should be the most interesting in regards to development at least of any the previous games as it's the first time Eidos/Sega haven't gone outside for the development process.

It has to be said though that the team they have chosen for this job have never done anything of this ilk before though they have been involved in some great games. Will be interesting how they approach a game like this from a new perspective unless they decided to start hiring others in or bring people across from the Mario/Sonic team.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

Mario/Sonic was a good laugh. I enjoyed playing it a few times. The official games are usually terrible.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

Shocked can't believe people didn't like the previous one's. I enjoyed 'em!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

jay-z wrote:Are you a fan of these olympic games? if so what could be improved, or what sport could be added?

QWOP should be added

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down