The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Parish quits the Reds

3 posters

Go down

Matt Parish quits the Reds Empty Matt Parish quits the Reds

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 2:34 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/rugby-league/salford-head-coach-matt-parish-quits-after-six-months-6263549.html
This has come as a a bit of a surprise to me i must admit.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Matt Parish quits the Reds Empty Re: Matt Parish quits the Reds

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2011, 3:29 pm

Not that surprised really. When he first joined them he basically implied that he was using them as a stepping stone for a bigger job in the NRL.

Thought he'd of stuck it out to till April or May at least though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 17 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

Although i remember what he said when he joined, this has suprised me as i thought he would see out the season at least.
Leaves Salford in a mess with regards the new season, and the new coach won't have time to get in the players he wants.
Hope Daryl Powell gets the opportunity (wouldn't have minded him at Rovers), as he's done wonders at Featherstone and deserves a SL chance in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

He is a really good coach, and i'd of been happy to have him at Cas. He basically built the Leeds team that Tony Smith won the title with.

Am amazed that Featherstone got overlooked given how well they've done over the last 2-3 years. When you compare them to Widnes, it seems the only thing Widnes have over Feath is the stadium.

(Back on Topic) Would like to see a British coach been brought in to replace Parish, just hope that they are given a good enough amount of time as like you say not much left to sign out there so will have to make do with what they've got.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

On Topic agree, but other than Powell can't think of many others. After Salford's problems with the last 2 Aussie coaches think that they will go for a British coach.

I think part of the reason Widnes got it is to do with how they got relegated in the first place, and the fact they didn't get it last time when they probably should have.
But totally agree about Fev, been the most dominent side in the championship for 2 years.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 12:58 am

I think the Reds will go for a safe pair of hands and go for Brian Noble.
I think Daryl Powell like a far majority of coaches will want to give the Reds a wide berth at the moment.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 18 Nov 2011, 2:45 pm

I know i put his name forward for every job but i think they could go for John Kear
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down