The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 9 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders

3 posters

Go down

Week 9 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders Empty Week 9 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders

Post by Gregers Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

Welcome to the DY Patil Stadium, home of the Pune Warriors

Pitch Condition: The pitch will be quite lively early on with both pace and bounce available however as the match goes on it will start to slow bringing the spinners into the game

----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders Empty Re: Week 9 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders

Post by JDizzle Fri 18 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

Pune Provisional XI:

Valthaty
Rahane
Kohli
Yuvraj
Mathews
Tiwary
Buttler
Swann
Dernbach
Abdulla
Tait

Tough game to pick a side for due to the changing conditions as the match goes on. A lot will depend on the toss here, but this is the side I am thinking so far....

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders Empty Re: Week 9 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders

Post by JDizzle Sun 20 Nov 2011, 10:59 pm

Pune:

Valthaty
Gilchrist
Rahane
Kohli
Yuvraj
Mathews
Tiwary
Swann
Abdulla
Dernbach
Tait

Toss: Bowl first.

If I win the toss I will bowl first as I have Dernbach and Tait to take advantage of the early conditions favouring the pace bowlers, aswell as Mathews, with Swann also enjoying the bounce in the middle overs before Dernbach and Tait come back at the death.

If I bowl second then I still have quality spinners in Swann, Yuvraj, Abdulla and Mathews (with his cutters) to take advantage of the conditions. so my attack is balanced either way.

Buttler drops out for this game, with Gilly coming in due to his experience on bouncier tracks in Australia and he is a master of using the pace on the ball to score quickly so he will get us off to a flyer. And as spin becomes a greater factor as the game goes on, my middle order in choc a bloc with Indian players who love spin and can easily take it at 7/8 an over without taking any risks before Mathews, Tiwary and Yuvraj launch the assault at the death.

Tait - 1, 3, 18, 20
Dernbach - 2, 4, 17, 19
Mathews/Abdulla - 5, 7, 9, 16
Yuvraj/Abdulla - 6, 11, 13, 15
Swann - 8, 10, 12, 14

Depending on whether I bowl first or second, and whether the conditions are still favouring quicks or not then Abdulla or Mathews will bowl more overs.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:07 am

I have got exactly the same conditions.So can I pick the same team particularly as this is the last week of group stage?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:16 pm

shanks hasnt around much on CMS, not sure where he is...however if you are reading this then, plz submit some tactcis so we can get on with voting.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:11 am

Can someone plz copy and paste my tactis form the last game?
i have got exactly the same pitch so I will play the same side.As this is the last week,I presume we are allowed to pick the same side.

Guys,my studies are piling up.I have also benn sick for the past couple of days.i wont be around much for the next 15 days or so.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:07 am

Toss:Bat first

Chris Gayle
Jacques Kallis
Cheteshwar Pujara
Ambati Rayudu(wk)'
Eoin Morgan
Yusuf Pathan
Sarul Kanwar
Brett Lee
Zaheer Khan
Pragyan Ojha
Muttiah Muralitharan

Gayle and Pathan can bowl if needed.
Overs Allocation

Lee:1,3,17,19
Zak:2,4,18,20
Kallis:5,7,14,16
Ojha:6,8,10,12
Murali:9,11,13,15

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:08 am

Same tactics as the last game

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down