The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while.

+5
hogie
Thomond
GunsGerms
mystiroakey
Irish Curry
9 posters

Go down

Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while. Empty Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while.

Post by Irish Curry Mon 14 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

Well it just one more competitive game until Euro 2012 baring a compete melt down by Ireland. One might be tempted to say that the manager would give the players a rest and play fringe players and younger players but no, its the same old same old. Estonia will probably be up for this and trying to restore some pride, its possible they wont give a toss but that would be against their managers way of playing so they will be playing for pride and pride alone. That said they really should not be much hassle for Ireland. There are 3 changes to the team with Hunt, O'Shea and Doyle coming in for McGeady, Kelly and Walters. Keane remains in the side despite LA Galaxy requesting that he return to the US after declining that same request.

The team is as follows;

Shay Given

John O'Shea Richard Dunne Sean St Ledger Stephen Ward

Stephen Hunt Keith Andrews Glenn Whelan Damien Duff

Kevin Doyle Robbie Keane (c)

Its a strong team and we will go out to win as always against teams like this even though the tie is finished. I'm thinking it will be a 2-0 win to us but Estonia could sneak a goal.

Kick-off times:
Ireland-Estonia FT 1-1 (Agg 5-0)
Bosnia-Portugal FT 2-6 (Agg 2-6) Shocked
Turkey-Croatia FT 0-0 (Agg 0-3)
Czech Republic-Montenegro FT 1-0 (Agg 3-0)

Anyone have any thoughts on the match?

Edit: We're through!! Yahoo Yahoo

Last edited by Irish Curry on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm; edited 7 times in total
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while. Empty Re: Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while.

Post by mystiroakey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

dude you have to play full squad-jeas good luck- It is certainly not a pointless game at all!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while. Empty Re: Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while.

Post by GunsGerms Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:55 pm

I hope Bosnia beat Portugal.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:56 pm

well done on the first leg, ireland just have to make sure they do nothing silly in this 2nd leg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:48 pm

Ireland are set up not to concede. No problems here. He really should have experimented though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

Thomond wrote:Ireland are set up not to concede. No problems here. He really should have experimented though.

i think your manager is correct, get in the tourny first .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

Ireland haven't conceded four goals in 6 years. We will finish the job, there are better players not playing that's why experimenting should be done.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:58 pm

jeasus i dont know why i thought you won 2-0 lol. yep fair play. great win- i had youu guys as a win in a multiplier saw the result at 2-0 and forgot about the game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

I wonder what the odds for 4-0 were Whistle
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:58 pm

300 to 1 i reakon

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

Ouch
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:32 pm

Mmmmh yes and it was pointless Liverpool coming out for the second half against Milan in 2005 in the champions league final too. A couple of goals for Estonia and a silly red card could turn this tie on it’s head in a minute. Estonia are no mugs they finished second in their group just as we did. 4-0 was a massive result for us over there let’s just make sure that we finish the job off properly. I do not think that Ireland will go in with the attitude that they have already qualified but if they do they could be in for a rough 90 minutes.

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:25 pm

The 3-0 against Milan was a fluke in fairness, rarly would a team come back from 2-0 down in a tie such as this let alone 4-0. Lets not forget we are a much better team then them and are at home. They will not score 5 goals without us scoring, and please god no one ever will.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:44 pm

The Liverpool comeback was certainly a surprise but once a team gets some momentum on their side anything can happen. I would quite happily settle for a boring 0-0 tonight.

Though if I had to pick a score I would go for 2-0 to Ireland. With Robbie scoring both Smile

Come on you boys in green!!

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:01 pm

So 12 minutes gone and the Estonians are getting stuck in. Its been more open then I would have thought but it will make good viewing for the first ever sell-out crowd at the new Landsdown Road. The Estonian Goalie looks a tad shaky though and should hopefully be tested by Keano and co.

C'mom Ireland!! Yahoo
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

Great goal by Ward king
1-0
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

Sloppy goal for Estonia, Vassiljev with the goal. 1-1
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:50 pm

well done irish peops- welcome to the show Ireland vs Estonia 2nd leg, most pointless match in a long while. 1755038253

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm

Euro 2012 here we come!! Yahoo

Cheers mystiroakey Smile
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:04 pm

Bosnia-Portugal looks a cracker though. Second half just starting in Lisbon I think. If Bosnia score once they are through.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:13 pm

So folks, if we get drawn in the same group as Greece, Portugal & Italy will that make it the group of debt?

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:29 pm

Brilliant to see Ireland back in a tourney

Didn't agree with the initial article, felt Ireland should have played their strongest team, a lot of those boys played all the hard games, you could bet your life they all wanted to play tonight and soak up the thanks of the fans

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:19 am

I'd be annoyed if I were involved with LA Galaxy. Keane played all the match didn't he? I think we palyed positive stuff last night at times, but the sendings off in the first leg papered over the cracks in this team. Still great to be back in the big time. England freindly coming up too! (hopefully anyway)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:24 am

Finally...

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

Great to be back at a major tournament.

Lets hope we get a decent draw(although they will all be difficult).

If I cant make it over, than i'll be watching on tv, not going to miss an Ireland game.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

Official seedings for Euro 2012:

Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Poland*, Ukraine*.
Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England, Russia.
Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden.
Pot 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland.

* Poland already allocated to Group A, Ukraine already allocated to Group D.

The draw will be made in Kiev on 2 December.

I would like Poland, England and Greece with would give us a good chance of finishing second or better. Russia as secondseeds wouldn't be the worst either though. I can't imagine the Pols and Ukranians like them too much!
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

Irish Curry wrote:Official seedings for Euro 2012:

Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Poland*, Ukraine*.
Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England, Russia.
Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden.
Pot 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland.

* Poland already allocated to Group A, Ukraine already allocated to Group D.

The draw will be made in Kiev on 2 December.

I would like Poland, England and Greece with would give us a good chance of finishing second or better. Russia as secondseeds wouldn't be the worst either though. I can't imagine the Pols and Ukranians like them too much!

Id be happy with that as well- however secdond is your spot in that group Smile, i also think that sweden or crotia would be fine picks from group 3.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down