The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Have You Been Listening To This Week Thread?

+14
Josiah Maiestas
B91212
flankertye
davidl1061
dyrewolfe
Celtic Warrior
Cari
westisbest
AberdeenSteve
JPX
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
President Trump
legendkillar
18 posters

Go down

What Have You Been Listening To This Week Thread? Empty What Have You Been Listening To This Week Thread?

Post by legendkillar Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:28 am

I thought I would start this thread for all those who love their music to share their tastes and what is currently on their I-Pod or Car Stereo.

For me this week I have on my I-Pod playlist:

Performance and Cocktails - Stereophonics
Free Peace Sweet - Dodgy
Best of Ash - Ash
Last Night on Earth - Noah & The Whale
Hi-Fi Serious - A

What are you listening to and recommending for our 606 listeners?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

What Have You Been Listening To This Week Thread? Empty Re: What Have You Been Listening To This Week Thread?

Post by President Trump Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:32 am

I have been on a huge Cradle of Filth buzz over the last 2 weeks, I really dont know why because they have been very poor over the last few years but their old stuff still holds up well

President Trump

Back to top Go down

What Have You Been Listening To This Week Thread? Empty Re: What Have You Been Listening To This Week Thread?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:43 am

Hi-Fi Serious by A - What an album! I'm going to dig that out again tonight.

This week I have been listening to;

Manic Street Preachers - Postcards from a Young Man
Electric Six - Fire

And I've just this morning bought Noel Gallagher's new album, so shall be listening to that no doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:14 am

Noel Gallagher - High Flying Birds
Blink 182 - Enema of the State
Blink 182 = Blink 182
Florence and the Machine - Ceremonials.

Hi-Fi Serious is a cracking album.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

Electric Demon wrote:Hi-Fi Serious by A - What an album! I'm going to dig that out again tonight.

This week I have been listening to;

Manic Street Preachers - Postcards from a Young Man
Electric Six - Fire

And I've just this morning bought Noel Gallagher's new album, so shall be listening to that no doubt.

Hi Fi Serious was brilliant!! So surprised that it didn't break into the mainstream. One of my many guilty pleasures. There are some gems on that album.

I am hearing good things about Noel's new album. Be interested to hear your thoughts on it ED. thumbsup

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

I have always felt that Blink 182 - Blink 182 was some of their finest work behind State of the Enema.

Stockholm Syndrome is a brilliant track and the drum solo on Lost Without You at the end, superb stuff.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:18 am

Kings of Leon - Only by the night

Starsailor - Love is here

Pearl Jam - Ten / Vs

Jesus Jones - Liquidizer (thanks to Hero for reminding me of them!!)

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:20 am

legendkillar wrote:I have always felt that Blink 182 - Blink 182 was some of their finest work behind State of the Enema.

Stockholm Syndrome is a brilliant track and the drum solo on Lost Without You at the end, superb stuff.

Completely agree. Violence is my favourite track, followed by Not Now and All of This with Robert Smith.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:21 am

What was the last track? Was it "Why Don't You Cry About It?" - that song has stuck in my head for years and years, and now it's there again this morning. I'm definitely rooting it out tonight.

I'll let you know on Noel once I've listened to it. I've heard a lot of good reviews, and liked the sound of the iTunes snippets.

What do you think of it Beer?

I really don't like Blink 182, never did - but thought the album "Blink 182" was a superb piece of work.

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:25 am

My fav track off Blink 182 - Blink 182 was Obvious. I love that track. Lyrically Blink 182 have always been un-rated. Love the 'How do we fix this is we never have vision'

Adams Song is fantastic too, and Going Away to College with 'This wworld's an ugly place, but your so beautiful to me'

On Hi-Fi Serious I love that '6 o clock on the Tube Station' I think that's what it's is called.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:31 am

Noel's album is very good Demon. Worth a listen.

Blink are back in the studio, but they are recording it a different way, with each member doing their part in their own studio. Should be good.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

From what I have heard so far from Blink 182 since they have reformed, I am dreading their new album.

Current albums I am listening to (bare with me as my musical tastes will be far different from most of those on here) have been;

After The Burial - In Dreams
Electric Six - Fire
Slipknot - IOWA (forgot how amazing this album is)

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

The best of Enya cd in the car.

Now thats some good s**t to listen to on the way to work.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

This week I must be going through an electronica phase...

Ray of Light - Madonna. Produced by William Orbit in 1998, it was one of her most critically acclaimed albums, and his production really suited her. He's working on some new stuff with Madge, so I'm looking forward to that.

Dead Cities - The Future Sound of London. 1996 techno masterpiece influenced by the Blade Runner film.

Second Toughest in the Infants - Underworld.

October - U2. Beautiful early album of theirs, completely different to all of the above Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:09 am

I had Alone With Everybody by Richard Ashcroft. Forgot how good the album was. Love C'mon People.

I also ahev The Man Who by Travis playing. Lovely uplifting album. Driftwood being my favourite on there.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

Legend - I love The Man Who... I must dig that out this weekend. It brings back fond memories for me.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:32 am

legendkillar wrote:I had Alone With Everybody by Richard Ashcroft. Forgot how good the album was. Love C'mon People.

Alone With Everybody is a brilliant album.

I don't know why, but I have been listening to Professor Green's 2 albums a lot recently. With the occasional Stone Roses and Eagles Of Death Metal album thrown in to change it up.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:45 am

I do have such a soft spot for Travis. Just love the little melodies and his voice is so comfortable to listen to. Not overpowering and not under-cooked. Just right. Flowers in the Window is a guilty pleasure for me.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:07 pm

Lengend - Fran has a lovely voice. I like Sing as well - good use of a banjo in a pop song on it too Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

I cannot believe how much stuff I have on my music library!!

Queen - Innuendo

That is a stunning album. Love I'm Going Slightly Mad, Bijou and Innuendo

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

This week I've mostly been listening to Ultra Beatdown by Dragonforce. Particularly loving Last Journey Home.

Also Permission to Land by The Darkness. People take the mickey out of them, but its easy to forget how good their music actually is.

...and...

Unleashed Memories by Lacuna Coil. Stunning, atmospheric gothic metal.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm

This week I have been listening to

Common-Finding Forever absolutely fantastic Rap album and I normally hate rap

The Basement Boys-Basement Boys Anthology Gospel house music done at its finest

RHCP-By The Way, went to see them mondsay night at the MEN and thought they were awesome

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

This week il be listening to alot of Folk-metal mainly Cruachan, Ensiferium and Svartsot oh and a bit of Alestorm thrown in just because Pirates rock \m/

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:26 pm

Am listning to The Fray this week in the car.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:35 pm

I've been listening to a lot of Joy Division after watching 24 hour party people on friday.
Also some of the old Justice tracks, Haven't listened to the new album yet but what I've heard hasn't impressed me.
Also been listening to Gold Panda and the doors - people are strange.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 21 Nov 2011, 11:39 pm

I got James on the pod today. She's a Star is so much better than Sit Down.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:01 am

legendkillar wrote:I got James on the pod today. She's a Star is so much better than Sit Down.
I listened to Gold Mother by James the other week. Good album for it's time (other than the infinitely annoying Sit Down), reminds me of my early teenage years.

Recently been listening to

Primal Scream - Screamadelica
INXS - Kick
Groove Armada - AnotherLateNight

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 24 Nov 2011, 2:41 pm

Rihanna/Calvin Harris - I found love
Christina Perri - Jar of hearts
Nero - Reaching Out
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

Now that I'm commuting to work via the local bus service - music is a much welcome distraction blocking the annoying noises from others.

On the way home tonight I was listening to some '80s gems including:

Roxy Music - Same Old Scene
China Crisis - Wishful Thinking
The Associates - Club Country
Duran Duran - Girls on Film (Night Version)
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
The Beat - Mirror In The Bathroom

....I could go on...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm

I decided to end my rather frustrating week with these 10 gems.

1) In Bloom (original) - Nirvana
2) Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears
3) Fairground - Simply Red
4) The Boy In A Bubble - Paul Simon
5) Falter - Hundred Reasons
6) 12:51 - The Strokes
7) Out of Time - Blur
8) Happy Hour - The Housemartins
9) Just A Perfect Day - American Hi-Fi
10) B*tch - Meredith Brooks

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:17 pm

Starsailor - remember them? Rediscovered their Love Is Here album this week. Forgot how good it was.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:20 am

These are the songs I decided to put on my weekly playlist:

1) The Cranberries - Dreams
2) Shawn Mullins - Lullaby
3) The Manic Street Preachers - Tsunami
4) Oasis - Sunday Morning Call
5) Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes
6) Dire Straits - So Far Away
7) Bee Gees - You Win Again
8) Jane Wieldin - Rush Hour
9) The Cure - Mint Car
10) Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
11) Heart - Alone
12) The Smashing Pumpkins - Lanslide

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 05 Dec 2011, 12:42 pm

I've had Mika's Life in Cartoon Motion in my car for the last few weeks....I love it!

I work with adults with learning disabilities, and we love singing along to it when I'm driving them about.

Especially Billy Brown...it makes them so happy Very Happy

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:57 pm

I downloaded a lot of the 'Greatest Ever...' albums a while ago. Came across the Heavy Metal one on my phone the other day and have been listening to it since. Some great songs on there.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 11 Dec 2011, 3:33 pm

This is my walk to work playlist:

1. The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
2. The Black Keys - Dead & Gone
3. The Black Keys - Gold On The Ceiling
4. The Black Keys - Little Black Submarines
5. The Black Keys - Tighten Up

My usual chill out at home playlist consists of The Black Keys albums "Brothers" & "El Camino" and this:

1. Slash feat. Kid Rock - I Hold On
2. 30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge
3. Eric Church - Drink In My Hand
4. Foo Fighters - Bridge Burning
5. Foo Fighters - Arlandria
6. Foo Fighters - These Days
7. Slash feat. Adam Levine - Gotten
8. Maroon 5 - Never Gonna Leave This Bed
9. Keith Urban - You Gonna Fly
10. Keith Urban - Put You In A Song

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:28 am

New discovery for me, Caro Emerald, I've been bopping round my kitchen all day to this. Absolutely love it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id10ASJMzHA&ob=av2e
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2011, 10:05 pm

Hip-Hop from the 90's - Big L & Biggie Smalls! lyrical geniuses with style and flow. Neither will ever be replaced!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down