The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's time for Two Judges and a Referee to score!!!

5 posters

Go down

It's time for Two Judges and a Referee to score!!! Empty It's time for Two Judges and a Referee to score!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 9:10 pm

You have good judges and bad judges...........Good referees and bad referees!! But when I watch the British undercards I tend to find in 90% of the cases the referee scores a fight right!!!...

Don't subscribe to the theory he has enough to do.. No one is closer to the action to know If a guy is more effective inside or a guy is more hurt than he looks etc....A referee has a birds eye view as he can take up more positions than a judge can during a round and see it from all angles...

Be interested to know how an honest referee would've scored last nights fight....

Maybe the Brits have got it right..but at a lower level than required!!

Me....I think it's time to trial this out..maybe at NABF level etc....

Wouldn't hurt!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

It's time for Two Judges and a Referee to score!!! Empty Re: It's time for Two Judges and a Referee to score!!!

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

I think an honest ref would've awarded it the same way an honest judge would/should have - JMM win.

Agree the ref should have some input but if there is some suggestion the judges are unscrupulous and open to outside pressures then surely the ref is equally open to manipulation and we're back in the sane position.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

It's time for Two Judges and a Referee to score!!! Empty Re: It's time for Two Judges and a Referee to score!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

I agree that their will always be unscrupulous types...but for me a referee has a great view of the fight and can see body language others can't...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:43 pm

Don't know why there isn't always four judges in big fights. Throw in the ref and it should be fairer but this is boxingandd it's always gonna be corrupt.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:46 am

fury mcdermott 1? bad decisions happen even if its just refs to be fair. also there was a couple of question marks over richard steele who was pretty much the best ref at the time and (although i dont want to open this can of worms) he was perhaps open to pressure with the meldrick taylor - JCC decision to stop taylor with 10 seconds left. dont know if having a ref score changes much in truth as you can still get to them.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:47 am

It's probably time for less corruption, i have managed to get a hold of the HBO version and will watch it to see if can score it any different or at least see what they thought, no matter how i score there looked like only one winner watching that fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

Earl/Vanzie I and II? Disgraceful decisions from the man who was closest to the action. Once...OK anyone can get it wrong but TWICE....sorry chum, there's something wrong here. May as well give everyone in the crowd the option to to text in the name of the winner.

As for Saturday, there really needs to be an independant review of that fight and the judges should be made to sit down and explain why they gave those rounds the way they did.

Perhaps the judges should be made to watch the fight in a locked room via CCTV as opposed to different sides of the ring. That way, they'll be able to get the best view possible and make a much more informed decision as opposed to guessing what they think MAY have happened when the fighters had their backs turned.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:36 pm

Good opinion.....well backed up...

But you know you have bad referees and bad judges...

Just think a ref has a birdseye view..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down