The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would Floyd worry about the judges

+18
dangerous_mouse
TechInept
Volcanicash
Rowley
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
ErmanH
88Chris05
Scottrf
sweet_pea
ian_jamsie
OasisBFC
6oldenbhoy
GerardMcL
AlexHuckerby
BoxingFan88
johnson2
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would Floyd worry about the judges - Page 2 Empty Would Floyd worry about the judges

Post by johnson2 Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm sure we've all seen the first 2 Manny vs. Marquez fights and a lot of us have probably seen the third. If Floyd were to fight Manny would he have any need to worry about the judges, given he is the bigger name.

Given Marquez won the first fight with relative ease (after fight couple of rounds) only to be robbed. The second figt was closer but he was still the winner and the third, whilst not the biggest robbery at this level, was still a very poor decision. I feel bad for Marquez, he won 25/36 rounds and still does not have a victory to his name.

Does Arum have the unfluence to plunge the sport into greater trouble by robbing Floyd. I've no doubt Floyd would win with ease, but winning 10 rounds isnt enough to beat Manny.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Would Floyd worry about the judges - Page 2 Empty Re: Would Floyd worry about the judges

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Yes but he didn't shaft the same guy two or three times..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Would Floyd worry about the judges - Page 2 Empty Re: Would Floyd worry about the judges

Post by ian_jamsie Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Most probably thought Manny would steam roller Marquez this time. He has dropped Marquez repeatedly in the past.

Mayweather vs Pacman is worth too much money. If it went to points this was the only result. This game is about the money first and the sport second, don't kid yourselves otherwise.

Mayweather brings more to the table, the judges for his fights can't be bought against him.

Styles make fights and Manny can't deal with fighters who fight off the back foot. The Mayweather fight will be a for gone conclusion.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Pacquiao didn't really land cleanly on marquez too often, so his punches didn't have full power. I can't score a round to someone who out lands hitting gloves or cuffing the shoulders, when the other fighter is clocking them square in the face.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:37 pm

On the 116-112 scorecard the stupidest thing is, after rounds 1 to 11 where he gave everything to Pacquiao, he suddenly in round 12 gave the round to Marquez, which if you watch it again, is a much weaker round for him than others which he gave the other way. It's like he looked at his scorecard at the end of the round and thought, I've got Pac 5 Rounds up! I'm going to look like an idiot!

On the original topic I think Mayweather will dominate enough to make it impossible to score wrong.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Noticed that too......Not a very competent type was he......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:21 pm

given the way a vast majority of boxing viewers and judges score fights, yes floyd should be worried. If we are going to give rounds to a boxer mainly because he is coming forward and hitting air could you imagine the amount of air pacman is going to hit when fighting floyd? its gona be like shadow boxing up in there.... 120 - 108 manny.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:41 pm

but ive truley learned something about boxing today and i dont really like the sport anymore, all these years i was under a false impression. I woke up thinking the boxing fans will be up in arms at the desicion last night but to see 50/50 split on opinion on scoring a fight i learend you can win a fight for just coming forwards with minimal success, eating counters even having you primary weapons nutralised in your pursuit. Although boxing is a sport under controlled conditions its still fighting.... so i thought.

How can a pacquioa fanboy ever dog floyd for being safe ever again? what would be the point in risking getting hit in exchanges to get a ko if judges can let it go either way, hats off to him for making it very very obvious he is delivering a schooling.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by cave_man_KO Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 am

I predicted if it wasnt a one sided domination then marquez wouldnt get teh decision.

I had money on him winning aswell, and to my my he won clearly. It was a close fight, but marquez did the better work.

Did manny look like a fighter who had won? after round 8 or 9 even Roach was telling him we're behind here, and he didnt do enough to overturn it IMO.

After 7 rounds I had manny winning 2, the rest to JMM. 5 up with 5 to go, and I had him winning 3 of those.

The biggest shame for me is watching this fight with 4 other people, 3 of which not boxing enthusiast watching only their 2 3 rd boxing fight said " that was a robbery, thats why I dont like boxing"

Not good for the sport.

FLoyd would destroy manny, as anybody knowledgeable has predicted all along.

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:59 pm

I think your right cave_man the rate boxing is going at the moment it isnt gaining any fans if anything losing them with these repeated decisions going the way of the loser. I'm sorry but for people paying £15 everytime they want to watch these big fights only to watch constant inept judging and clear robberies time and again boxing is only ever going to lose in this one said as it is to say.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 pm

i reckon marquez won 8 rounds,or 7 because of one round im undecided on so i scored it a draw.but marquez won that fight,he looked more impressive,landed a better aray of shots.he just looked in more control of the fight.manny had his moments,but not enough.
how the hell can manny beat floyd?by outboxing him?no way!by knocking him out?i cant see that happening.
there will probably be another marquez manny rematch anyway,so i dont think the floyd manny fight will happen anyway.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by vxrandall Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 pm

depends who has the biggest balls and the deepest pockets...schaefer or arum!

vxrandall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2