The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hagler - Hearns of the Heavyweights (Tyson Fury thread)

+17
RatBoy66
hogey
Fernando
Sugar Boy Sweetie
djlovesyou
Strongback
oxring
coxy0001
paul12342
Jimmythebullet
Scottrf
Josiah Maiestas
6oldenbhoy
TRUSSMAN66
zx1234
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hagler - Hearns of the Heavyweights (Tyson Fury thread) Empty Hagler - Hearns of the Heavyweights (Tyson Fury thread)

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

so what you reckon boys i think most assume that fury should win though pajkicat is unbeaten. tyson has made a few choice words saying he is going to kill him. there has been a bit of bad blood between these two with pajkicat taking the biscuit about furys heritage and his family and i am anticipating a lively start from fury who to me genuinely seems a tad rattled by him.

also chris eubank jr makes his debut on the bill. so should be good what you boys reckoning?

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Hagler - Hearns of the Heavyweights (Tyson Fury thread) Empty Re: Hagler - Hearns of the Heavyweights (Tyson Fury thread)

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:03 pm

I know absolutely nothing about the Canadian/Bosnian guy but he hasn't tasted defeat before so could be dangerous, should be interesting, i've gone for Fury UD but i'll know a bit more after the first round. Same with Eubank, i knew he was boxing but didn't know until recently that he was half decent, so will be watching with interest after some recent reports about him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Hagler - Hearns of the Heavyweights (Tyson Fury thread) Empty Re: Hagler - Hearns of the Heavyweights (Tyson Fury thread)

Post by zx1234 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:14 pm

fury round 7-9, this guy is unbeaten but doesn't seem to have been in with anybody of note and going by his record he doesn't seem to hit hard enough to keep fury off him

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:17 pm

same i had never heard of this neven bloke but i have read he is tough and durable with euro level boxing skills.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:17 pm

Fury is a stinker as Joe Bugner was back in the day..

Hope Pajy wins to clear the way for the more talented Price..

Fury is garbage...Imagine him back in the Bruno/Lewis/Mason day..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:20 pm

maybe truss but this isnt there day, and to be fair to the guy he seems to be trying hard to get better cant ask anymore than his best efforts, plus his last few outings have been entertaining.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:25 pm

Can't fault a guy for trying..Bugner tried....but he does look so sloppy and hugs more than a gorilla with a new born...

Add in he got a gift over some run of the mill journeyman type a couple of fights ago...

Can't say I rate him...or think he adds anything to the heavy scene which is mediocre enough

Vlad vs Mormeck Cry

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:40 pm

nah im not his biggest fan either but hes ok and earned some respect for beating chiosora albeit a bit of an out of shape one and like i said is usually in relatively entertaining fights. plus is usually pretty honest and is a bit of a character.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:50 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:nah im not his biggest fan either but hes ok and earned some respect for beating chiosora albeit a bit of an out of shape one and like i said is usually in relatively entertaining fights. plus is usually pretty honest and is a bit of a character.

I had a lot more respect after Chisora too but like you say Chisora wasn't at his best, who knows what will happen after the Klitschko's retire.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 12 Nov 2011, 7:44 pm

Weigh in pictures

http://www.boxingfutures.com/news/1112-fury-vs-pajkic-eubank-jr-debut-weigh-pictures
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 7:55 pm

chris eubank jr looks ripped to shreds! cheers for link mate

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:52 pm

anyond watching the VT for chris eubank jr narrated by his dad - awesome haha

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

alex, who won the vassell fight? Stuck watching the X factor again.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:03 pm

UD for Vassell
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:04 pm

4 points for me on the prediction league.

eubank jr boxes like his dad!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

This Psonko guy doesn't even try to fight back.. how can they put this fixed match on TV??
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:07 pm

eubank jnr looks like a real star

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:09 pm

Jr does look decent.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:09 pm

^Easy to look like that when your opponent is not actually taking part Laugh What a fix
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:This Psonko guy doesn't even try to fight back.. how can they put this fixed match on TV??

I can't be bothered explaining it to you. It's not fixed although it's setup so Eubank is supposed to win.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm

Cheers GG, just stuck on the Eubank fight. Loving the little imitations of his dad.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:This Psonko guy doesn't even try to fight back.. how can they put this fixed match on TV??

its an undercard fight...
and its mainly because of who his dad is.
he looks great but go to the body man!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

It's not fixed although it's setup so Eubank is supposed to win.
It's a poor spectacle to watch 1 man do nothing at all, just waiting to lose.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:21 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
It's not fixed although it's setup so Eubank is supposed to win.
It's a poor spectacle to watch 1 man do nothing at all, just waiting to lose.
Your remote control broken?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:24 pm

well dont watch youre clearly not a boxing fan. tell you what you get in the ring with chris eubank jr and last two minutes trying to throw back yeah?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:26 pm

Fair opponent for a pro debut

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:27 pm

I thought so
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

Yeah he was more then a fair opponent for his first pro fight.

I felt JR looked pretty good and looked very strong and he looked like he's following his dads methods when it comes to conditioning!

Is chris sanigar part of his corner team aswell?

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:48 pm

I've come back from the pub, where is the live chat before i poo me pants?! WE NEED A LIVE CHAT. YOU WERE THERE

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

Bottom of front page.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:53 pm

WTF are the crowd getting pissy about? Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:02 pm

Great fight, great finish. Probably a stoppage too soon - even Fury wanted to keep hitting Pajkic.(sp - apologies to any Bosnians reading that spelling attempt).

However - it takes a lot of heart to be put down - and get up and win. It also takes a reasonable amount of ability to find a way to win.

Pakjic is no mug - and didn't turn up for a pay check.

Fury wasn't in shape for this fight - he was a yard slower than he was against Chisora.

He also hasn't yet rectified his problems with the overhand right - he keeps walking onto it after throwing the jab - because he drops his left hand. He's not going to go much further until he fixes this technical fault.

Mind you - Joe Louis used to make the same mistake and look where he ended up - so I could be wrong.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

did henessey just compare fury pajkic to hagler hearns?

Doh

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

Fury has great powers of recovery. He got clobbered very hard with that right, totally walked onto it. Didn't take long to clear his head though.

He shouldn't be getting hit with an over hand right from a smaller fighter who's absolutely telegraphing the punch.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

zx1234 wrote:did henessey just compare fury pajkic to hagler hearns?

Doh
Even funnier than Fury getting knocked down by that pathetic excuse for a boxer.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:10 pm

Strongback wrote:He shouldn't be getting hit with an over hand right from a smaller fighter who's absolutely telegraphing the punch.

Absolutely agree. His new trainer seems an improvement - more technicality rather than just plain encouragement.

Jan 28th and then March 17th at the home of boxing - at the MSG? That's one hell of a 3 months of action - but who is he going to fight at the garden? And will it be on channel 5?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:15 pm

needed a title change

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:19 pm

I think it's perfect
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:21 pm

That was funny.

I loved the WWE grabbing of the microphone by Pajkic as well.

They need to pick his next opponent very carefully. Someone with even more of a powder puff punch than this 5 KO from 16 guy.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:23 pm

hes an accident waiting to happen

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:24 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:needed a title change

Young man - for that sarcasm - you deserve to watch Sprott-Skelton to remind yourself of what British Heavyweight fights are usually like.

Unfortunately - the fight is so rubbish - that I can't find it upon youtube. So you might have got lucky.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:27 pm

Although I enjoyed the fight lets face it - it was little more than a street brawl. Fury attempted to box and jab at times, but he couldn't get anything going. Got caught by a punch a blind man would've seen coming, he's so bloody clumsy and his conditioning remains a concern. Talk of him being a challenge to the klitschkos is laughable, he just doesn't have the technique.

Thought the stoppage was premature - again. Seem to say this about every fight in a British ring these days, can't see there being too many classic British Benn/Eubank wars anymore as Brit refs jump in the first time six unanswered punches are landed (especially if they're landed by the home fighter).
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:28 pm

its what mick hennessy called it oxy!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:30 pm

oxring wrote:
Strongback wrote:He shouldn't be getting hit with an over hand right from a smaller fighter who's absolutely telegraphing the punch.

Absolutely agree. His new trainer seems an improvement - more technicality rather than just plain encouragement.

Jan 28th and then March 17th at the home of boxing - at the MSG? That's one hell of a 3 months of action - but who is he going to fight at the garden? And will it be on channel 5?

Whatever people think of Fury he's always entertaining. On recent showings serious improvements needed though.

I still think he's a gutsy fighter that will battle to the end. He doesn't look good but will be a tough nights work for all but the best heavies.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:32 pm

i cant deny it was very entertaining

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:36 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Thought the stoppage was premature - again. Seem to say this about every fight in a British ring these days, can't see there being too many classic British Benn/Eubank wars anymore as Brit refs jump in the first time six unanswered punches are landed (especially if they're landed by the home fighter).

I think another half decent punch from Fury and Pajkic was going over. I thought the fight was over partly because Pajkic had completely blown himself out in the first 2 rounds fighting like a wildman on benzidrine.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:37 pm

i think he figured that was his best shot land big on that chin.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:38 pm

Get him in with David Price for god's sake. Let's end this nonsense viciously and soon.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

without a doubt. price hits hard and he throws a great right hand fury would be splatted. this does make you wonder what would have happened if chisora came in fit.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

oxring wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:needed a title change

Young man - for that sarcasm - you deserve to watch Sprott-Skelton to remind yourself of what British Heavyweight fights are usually like.

Unfortunately - the fight is so rubbish - that I can't find it upon youtube. So you might have got lucky.

Do you mean this one Oxy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIaFxOF3cRI

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next