The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SARU You Vultures!

2 posters

Go down

SARU You Vultures! Empty SARU You Vultures!

Post by PerryGee Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:44 am

Not sure if this has been posted previously. Apologies if I'm just rehashing something that's already been discussed.

I was reading some articles about the RFU shake up and came across this in The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/oct/28/rfu-martyn-thomas-chief-executive?newsfeed=true

You don't have to read the whole lot but I'd like to draw your attention to this:

'The South Africa Rugby Union is looking to milk the political upheaval at Twickenham by guaranteeing the International Rugby Board £120m if it switches the hosting rights for the 2015 World Cup, which is being staged in England. The RFU is guaranteeing the IRB £80m.'

I think this is a disgraceful attempt by the SARU to steal the World Cup away for England at a time when the RFU is undergoing some huge changes for the better. It stinks of ambulance chasing and outright theft.

I thought, seeing the back of De Villiers, all shady shenanigans had ended but this is a new low.

Am I overreacting here? Is it ok and just to make a speculative offer or are they trying to kick the RFU when they are down?

PerryGee

Back to top Go down

SARU You Vultures! Empty Re: SARU You Vultures!

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:15 am

Over reacting. SARU is only giving the IRB a plan B.

The funny thing is John O'Neil is like putting a fox in charge of the hen house, next thing you know 2015 World Cup will be held in Sydney.Remember 2003.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down