The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 8 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Page 2 Empty Week 8 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils

Post by Gregers Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 6:55

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, home of the Chennai Super Kings.

Pitch Conditions: A very good if a bit slow batting pitch, the pitch will become even slower as the match goes on with the spinners and bowlers who can take pace off the ball becoming more and more vital.

-----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 8 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 8 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils

Post by Guest Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:11

ok mate Smile

i was only wondering because its not a raging turner, it is slow, but just wondering whether it could get predictable with too much spin...

Back to top Go down

Week 8 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 8 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:14

I have got 2 seamers and 3 spinners, with 1 back up seamer and 2 back up spinners, if needed, so it isn't like its an all-out spin attack.

Also, my spinners are all very different in their style, so it wouldn't be repetitive and predictable.

Ajmal, Ashwin and Afridi are always going to be dangerous on a slow pitch, as are Theron and Bravo when they take pace off the ball.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:18

fair enough mate, its up to you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 21:15

certianly a real crunch game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 23:51

just awating delhi tactics Very Happy

gonna be a tough game to call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 23:55

I think the pitch probably suits my bowlers a fair bit more, but Delhi do have a good side.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 23:56

Chennai favourites.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 0:12

it could be default chennai win soon anyway lol

JOKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 4:47

As it stands, I'm bed ridden until tomorrow. May have to be then... By all means get voting for other games under way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 4:48

its ok mate, im not gonna vote until all tactics are in, its easier that way Smile

hope you start to get better soon mate, it sounds awful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 3:11

looking forward to a very tight game, this one will probably be the toughest one to call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 3:13

Not sure I agree with that. Kings vs Pune will be tight, as will KKR vs Kochi.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 3:14

i do, i think this is a real crunch game, be intresting to see what the delhi side looks like

but i agree about the KKR vs kochi game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:07

This chennai squad looks like it can win in all conditions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:10

I was pleased that I signed Nannes from Liam at the start. He proved in the CLT20 what an effective bowler he is in this format, particularly when the pitch suits seamers. He was fantastic in the final I seem to remember, going at less than 5 per over, so I'm glad he is in reserve ready for when I get a seaming pitch.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:11

in the clt20 he was awful mate, he picked up 3 wickets at bout 60 a piece.....

however he is a fantastic t20 bowler and that tournament was one bad tournament for him.....

Dhoni leading the chennai troops well, opposition are too scared to turn up Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:13

I meant in the final cf sorry, he was tremendous that day.

But yeah, a quality T20 bowler with a very good strike rate with the ball, in general.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:14

ah yh in the final was the only time he took wickets lol, but yh world class t20 bowler, IMO should still be in aussie t20 side. Looks like delhi too scared too play ya Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:37

Think Sainty has a case of Delhi Belly!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:40

Ha, nice one mat.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:45

I'm here all week Fists(Unfortunately for you lot!)

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 5:51

haha lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 6:40

Massive aqpologies guys, regressed a bit today and still bed ridden!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 7:32

so not tonight then lol, couldnt squeeze it into that post....

Wink only kidding Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 20:55

Feeling a lot better today, but currently at home rather than at Uni where I'd wrote my tactics down. Should be up by 6ish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 3:36

Take a lot to stop this chennai batting line up, to be honest. Amazing how much talent there is in that line up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 20:30

how ya feeling today saint?......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 22:50

Absolutely horrific. But it seems like people have no patience, and think that I'm going to use the toss to my advantage so pulled myself out of bed to put it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 23:00

Yahoo

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 23:28

Delhi Tactics.

Tamim Iqbal
Andrew McDonald
James Taylor
Virender Sehwag (Captain)
Wasim Jaffer
Irfan Pathan
Naman Ojha
Ganesh Gaikwad
Morne Morkel
Raymond Price
Shahbaz Nadeem

Toss - Bowl first. Restrict Chennai from the off and then use my batsmen who are decent against spin to chase down the total.

Selection - This week, in a game no-one expects the in form Daredevils to win, I've made the biggest tactical gamble of the competition. Warner is replaced by Iqbal, who will be familiar with this type of pitch, whilst the bowling unit is spin heavy such is the pitch. The biggest shock is the decision to push Andrew McDonald up to open, which he did so well for Leicestershire this year and moving captain Sehwag down to 4, however, there is method to the madness.

Bowling - This week the message is contain, frustrate and capitalise, with an attack composed of Indian spinners and bowlers who know how to negotiate a pitch like this. Morkel and McDonald will open up, looking to utilise what zip is in the pitch, Morkel has the knack of extracting life out of any pitch, whilst McDonald can mix it up and probe the batsman whilst getting up there as well. They'll have an over each and will make way for Pathan and Gaikwad, who will share 4 overs straight through. At the end of their tandem, on comes Ray Price, one of the best containing spinners I've seen along with Nadeem, a canny operator who will be familiar with this type of pitch. They will bowl 4 each and look to stifle the likes of Dhoni, Raina et al. Making way for Andy Mc and Morne Morkel to bowl the last overs.

Batting - There's a likelihood that Chennai can perform on any pitch and that they may have a sizeable total for us to chase. Which is why I've tinkered with the order like I have. As said before, Tamim, is a shot maker who knows the sub continent pitches well and will look to gain a few early boundaries off Theron and Bravo, whilst McDonald will look to do the same but remain responsible. Taylor is adept at moving the field and accumalating via 2's and 3's as well as hitting the big shots. Sehwag enters the fray at 4 for one reason, he's possibly the best player of spin I've seen in the international arena, and who better to counter punch the likes of Afridi, Ashwin and Ajmal than the man himself. Jaffer can add a bit of steel if things get a bit nervy, whilst Pathan, Ojha and Ganesh are all decent with bat in hand.

Bowling Composition.

McDonald - 2,4,17,19
Morkel - 1,3,18,20
Pathan - 5,7
Ganesh - 6,8
Nadeem - 10,12,14,16
Price - 9,11,13,15

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 23:31

Detailed tactics there buddy, I'm saving my detail until the finals, haha.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 23:33

Thought best I explained my thinking re: Sehwag dropping to 4.

Probably going to receive a bit of a drubbing, but am happy enough to go down with a set up like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 23:44

Decent side, and I like your tactics. I'd say the bowling looks a little bit on the light side, but that's probably my only criticism.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 23:49

I honestly didn't know where to go bowling wise. Haven't really got a wicket taking spinner.

Could've done with getting Bishoo but someone cocked up during the auction and didn't bid when I asked them to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 23:54

Bishoo would have been a nice addition to your side, for sure.

It's why I went all out with my cash for wicket-taking spinners, they're so important in T20, in almost any conditions.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 0:02

I can't remember what happened, I bidded and then told the person to bid up to a certain amount, got home and found out I'd lost out and he'd only gone for 10k more than what I bid.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 0:30

I think Sehwag at 4 could prove to be an absolute masterstroke.I'd fancy him smashing the quality CSK spinners.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2