The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish rugby

2 posters

Go down

Scottish rugby Empty Scottish rugby

Post by ospreylian Sun 06 Mar 2011, 2:49 pm

Anyone out there who can tell me what's gone wrong with both the Edinburgh and Glasgow teams this season?
when i think back over the seasons Edinburgh were always there or thereabouts and of course last season it was glasgow that played the Ospreys for a place in the 1st Magners final, if it weren't for Aironi the two Scots sides would be truly in the basement..............WHY?

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Scottish rugby Empty Re: Scottish rugby

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 07 Mar 2011, 10:17 am

A decent question mate.

In truth there is no short answer.

Scottish rugby finds itself on the unfortunate end of a chain of events that has ripped the heart out of both pro teams and as a result, the national team.

Starting with Glasgow ; Cusiter Injured, Beattie Back but not match fit, Barclay played so much rugby he looks like a wreck, Brown Left for Sarries, Morrison Injured add all this up and Glasgow are a rudderless ship. The Scottish pro sides don't have the wealth of Talent Available to the likes of the Scarlets, or the Ospreys and when we lose key players like that we have noone to step up and replace them.

Onto my beloved Edinburgh : Moffats team selection make Lievermont seem completly notmal, Godman out for the rest of the season, Jim Hamilton off to Glaws, No Decent locks and 7-8 Centres. Edinburgh are in utter chaos, at least with a fully fit Squad Glasgow look to have the bones of a Rugby team, Moffat on the other hand has butchered a very decent team he inherited from Robinson and made them into a laughing stock. Worryingly the team seem to be able to score tries but just can't close games down.

Add all this up, I don't know what it means. What I would like to think that if the players mentioned before can stay injury free we will be a stern test in the world cup.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down