The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tito's Comments About Jamie Roberts Form For The Blues

+2
XR
Londonwelsh
6 posters

Go down

Tito's Comments About Jamie Roberts Form For The Blues Empty Tito's Comments About Jamie Roberts Form For The Blues

Post by Londonwelsh Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:35 am

I was reading Tito's comments with interest yesterday about Roberts form for the Blues. He said "The doc (Roberts) is a classic case. He was world class in the World Cup and he was world class for the Lions in 2009. But we probably haven't seen the best of him over the past two years at the Blues".

What a cheek Tito has! Who is Tito to talk about players form when he's been off form for the past 2 years. Even though Roberts had a lean couple of years for Wales after the Lions but I still felt he was performing well for us when he was available. Tito is a yesterday man who is well past his sell by date as displayed on Saturday night with a poor performance full of errors. A mistimed jump which led to the ball being stolen and points being scored plus a daft yellow card. The look on Burnell's face said it all. Tito should look at his own performances’ and leadership before questioning others.

It’s not just Tito either, Xav Rush, Dan Parks and Tau Filse have been underperforming for some time so why single out Jamie on this occasion ?

The backs cannot perform if your forwards can't do their jobs Mr Tito!

Does anyone else think pot, kettle, black ?
Londonwelsh
Londonwelsh

Back to top Go down

Tito's Comments About Jamie Roberts Form For The Blues Empty Re: Tito's Comments About Jamie Roberts Form For The Blues

Post by XR Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:46 am

It's harsh considering Roberts dip in form with the blues after the lions was obviously due to an injury. He was advised to put off surgery on his wrist until the end of the season and thus never really continued his momentum.

But i agree about Tito, he's on borrowed time and we should be looking to be playing a combination of Bradley Davies/Mike Paterson/James Down/Macauley Cook. Filise & Rush still do a job but not to the standards they once did, i expect those 2 will be gone at the end of the season. Rush may continue playing, maybe somewhere in france if he can get it...failing that, i wouldn't mind him being given a coaching spot if he wants to stick around.

Also, i think it's clear we need to bring in some players next season...mainly at number 8. We got a few young props coming through, we could let them be first choice next season or look to bring in an experienced tight head...but then people may say we don't give youth a chance Shocked

Last edited by gcBlues on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

XR

Back to top Go down

Tito's Comments About Jamie Roberts Form For The Blues Empty Re: Tito's Comments About Jamie Roberts Form For The Blues

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:50 am

or look to bring in an experienced tight head...but then people may say we don't give youth a chance

Interesting to see Richard Cockerill stating squad importance after the game vs Sale. "The most important position is tighthead, the second most important position is tighthead..." if there's no cornerstone for you pack to work off you will always struggle. I did help that these comments came on the back of great performances from Dan Cole and Castro.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

gcBlues wrote:It's harsh considering Roberts dip in form with the blues after the lions was obviously due to an injury. He was advised to put off surgery on his wrist until the end of the season and thus never really continued his momentum.

But i agree about Tito, he's on borrowed time and we should be looking to be playing a combination of Bradley Davies/Mike Paterson/James Down/Macauley Cook. Filise & Rush still do a job but not to the standards they once did, i expect those 2 will be gone at the end of the season. Rush may continue playing, maybe somewhere in france if he can get it...failing that, i wouldn't mind him being given a coaching spot if he wants to stick around.

Also, i think it's clear we need to bring in some players next season...mainly at number 8. We got a few young props coming through, we could let them be first choice next season or look to bring in an experienced tight head...but then people may say we don't give youth a chance Shocked

Completely agree.

Tito needs to have the captaincy taken off him given to Warburton then he needs to be dropped from the 22 until his form improves.

Rush, Tito, Mamma, Filise, Deniol, Martyn and Parks should all be shown the door at the end of the season - Then we need to bring in the biggest most experienced tub of lard THP we can afford, and if Henson hasnt played 10, then a new 10 who can manage to kick, pass and run (which no Blues FH has ever managed to do) and a young (preferably welsh) No8 who can run.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

I generally don't care for Tito anyway. But who knows the context he was resposnding to? Either way I agree Blues must start by dropping the underperforming players and shoot for youth.

That said Mamma and Martyn can play in my team when they are eighty years old!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:34 am

i wouldn't necessarily give warbs the captaincy, if he is wales captain that will be enough i think. I'd be looking to give the captaincy to Pretorious if he continues to excel and stay injury free

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

gcBlues wrote:i wouldn't necessarily give warbs the captaincy, if he is wales captain that will be enough i think. I'd be looking to give the captaincy to Pretorious if he continues to excel and stay injury free

Decent idea, though he is injury prone at the moment. Gethin Jenkins would be the other option.

Matthew Rees and Ryan Jones were club captains and international captains.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:47 am

Agree with all comments

The Blues are going nowhere at the moment because the forwards just aren't good enough and Tito is a part of that problem.

There are a lot of players in that pack that need to be shown the door at the end of this season so they can start rebuilding, Tito, Rush, Filise, Molitika, Martyn and Deniol are all at the wrong end of their careers and the blues need some new blood in there.

They have a few decent forwards like Gethin, Warbs, Pretorius but just not enough.

Tighthead is a priority but good ones are a rare commodity. They also need some bruisers in the 2nd row and a big ball carrier at 8.

It will be a shame to see quality like Lloyd, Henson, Roberts, Laulala, Halfpenny etc getting beat because the forwards are not fronting up.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:06 am

Tighthead is a priority but good ones are a rare commodity

Time to go shopping in Eastern Europe? What are the NWQ restrictions on the Blues?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Tighthead is a priority but good ones are a rare commodity

Time to go shopping in Eastern Europe? What are the NWQ restrictions on the Blues?

Well, when Molitika, Filise, Rush and Tito are gone we will have plenty of NWQ spaces.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down