The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The pace bowler with most beautiful action !

+16
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Galted
Djoker is in Nadal's head
Biltong
hodge
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
pensacric
Stella
ShankyCricket
JDizzle
Hoggy_Bear
Mad for Chelsea
Leff
Fists of Fury
Demon Racer
anu_d
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The pace bowler with most beautiful action ! - Page 2 Empty The pace bowler with most beautiful action !

Post by anu_d Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

who is the most beautiful of them all ??

I categorize pace bowlers' actions into 3 categories:

1) Efficient but Unspectacular Types: Walsh, Roberts, Botham, Ambrose, Garner, Gillespie.......churning the windmill.......nothing too distinctive, but efficient--biomechanically and interms of results.

2) Awkward action types: Malinga, Rumesh Ratnayke, Waqar, Thomson, Patterson.....shoulder powered, gawky, biomechanically not perfect, generally raw pace, lacking longevity....but effective whilst they last.

3) Beauty and Grace the floats like a butterfly stings like the bee of cricket.....style, grace, beauty, rythm, flair, potent and long-living......Imran, Hadlee, Kapil, Akram, Donald, Gough, Anderson.....

I must be missing a few ( quite a few names) on those lists.....but in the beautiful action category......none comes close to Imran Khan.

a_D

anu_d

Back to top Go down

The pace bowler with most beautiful action ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The pace bowler with most beautiful action !

Post by anu_d Thu 03 Nov 2011, 7:52 pm

Kapil and Bedi are the only Indians amongst the ones I have.....seen in the beautiful category

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2