The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Decline of The LPGA

+10
Eyetoldyouso
super_realist
K@S
gaelgowfer
Marcus
George1507
McLaren
Maverick
LadyPutt
Doc
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Decline of The LPGA - Page 2 Empty The Decline of The LPGA

Post by Doc Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:37 am

First topic message reminder :

In the words of LP, which I agree with, we need to think about something else today and let things calm down. So here's a couple of debating points:

1) The LPGA don't have a clue how to run their tour and have made ladies golf in the States go backwards.

2) Finchem will walk into the sunset in a year or two, after he makes more gaffs and the PGA tour looks like splintering.

Last edited by Doc on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc

Back to top Go down

The Decline of The LPGA - Page 2 Empty Re: The Decline of The LPGA

Post by Maverick Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

Davie wrote:I reckon Mac's age is as indeterminate as his handicap Wink

Fluctuates then between 3 and 28 Yahoo

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:58 pm

Maverick wrote:
Doc wrote:Mav, young Mavette seems to have some potential, so from a father's point of view, knowing the decline of ladies golf over the pond, and the potential for the same thing on the ladies ET, would you be happy for the youngster to go for it, or concentrate on the education side, with golf as a hobby which could be a career, but having a fall-back?

On a lighter note though, we need to know if she's a munter and will play ET, or a MavGulbiss and go LPGA Very Happy

Doc to address your first point, We will support her in whatever she chooses to pursue as a career if she gets to a level where Golf is the option then she'll have our full backing whatever the state of the ladies game as her happiness comes first. That said we will also be encouraging her how important her school work is to have a fall back as there are always circumstances that will may occur to change this.

On your lighter note, may I suggest you look at signing that special register Mac is on for his young witch fetish laughing baring in mind she is just 11years old Shocked But of course she is not a munter a picture of beauty like her mother. But beware she is banned from boys until she's 30 and certainly near no-one I know. any potential boyfriends have to pass the Mav selection process which make the SAS brecon selection process look like something a girl could pass

Mav...Brilliant!! PMSL

Regarding quotes earlier in the thread....I would actually agree with Kwini, I thought the Solheim Cup was RIGHT up there as some of the best TV golf this year. The final day singles were absolutely rivetting stuff and I honestly DO mean from a golfing perspective although I won't deny there were some very pleasing eye candy moments as a bonus.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:04 pm

I'm glad someone else found the sight of Christina Kim irresistible too.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:18 pm

Jas:My selection process will be impossible to pass because I know what I was like as a youngster and my god I don't want her to meet anyone like her dad... Mrs Mav has already said when it comes to matters of our children getting to the ages where they are dating i'm banned from offering advice as they are not allowed me as a role model in that environment.. I wonder what she meant...

Marcus -Christina Kim, I thought that was another word for Moose!.... If she's you thing would you like to borrow my bag of flower... It'll come in handy

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:21 pm

Hmmm, not exactly my 1st memory of the Solheim. Desperately annoying character although there's no denying her competitive spirit.
For the record I thought Matthew taking apart Creamer was superb and Pettersen's finish to snatch the win from Wie was amazing stuff, probably only bettered by Schwartel all year.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:24 pm

Lol Mav I've been there, my girls are 26 & 28...they've probably made more mistakes than me by now (and that's the ones I know about)...The thing is I was never in a position to dictate advice...I got their mum preggers at 17.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:28 pm

Whole heartedly agree the solheim was compelling vieiwng the way Creamer was dispatched was superb, and the Pettersen match was pure matchplay never gave up and showed what can happen if you want it bad enough.

Would maybe the LPGA or LET v's an Asia team in a matchplay event be a possibility and imagine the revunues that would create for the tours!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:30 pm

Same here Jas! Mavette is 12 soon and I'm 31, simple math! I can't pass comment really, on all I've got upto I'm not the best role model for them! But by christ I'd protect them

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Fri 28 Oct 2011, 12:11 am

Maverick wrote:Jas:My selection process will be impossible to pass because I know what I was like as a youngster and my god I don't want her to meet anyone like her dad... Mrs Mav has already said when it comes to matters of our children getting to the ages where they are dating i'm banned from offering advice as they are not allowed me as a role model in that environment.. I wonder what she meant...

Marcus -Christina Kim, I thought that was another word for Moose!.... If she's you thing would you like to borrow my bag of flower... It'll come in handy

vomit

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri 28 Oct 2011, 11:10 am

Maverick wrote:Same here Jas! Mavette is 12 soon and I'm 31, simple math! I can't pass comment really, on all I've got upto I'm not the best role model for them! But by christ I'd protect them

maths!

"math" ... yet another americanism the english language could do without.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 28 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

Come now Gael, It was only the other week you used the term "Go figure"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri 28 Oct 2011, 11:16 am

super_realist wrote:Come now Gael, It was only the other week you used the term "Go figure"

Gosh, is that an americanism? Whistle

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 28 Oct 2011, 11:25 am

gaelgowfer wrote:
Maverick wrote:Same here Jas! Mavette is 12 soon and I'm 31, simple math! I can't pass comment really, on all I've got upto I'm not the best role model for them! But by christ I'd protect them

maths!

"math" ... yet another americanism the english language could do without.

Gael, maybe you need to get out more and get a life if that is the most important thing you find that needs picking out from that comment.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2