The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal Activity

4 posters

Go down

Paranormal Activity Empty Paranormal Activity

Post by David Tails Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:13 pm

I've just got finished watching Paranormal Activity 2. I saw Paranormal Activity a couple of weeks/months ago.

I would recommend them if you like freaky/spooky kinda films.

They are filmed on camcorders...but unlike Blair Witch they are general mounted on Tripods etc, so it keeps that annoying jumping, shaky camera work to a minimum. It's fairly cleverly done.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Activity Empty Re: Paranormal Activity

Post by Legend Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm

I have only seen the first one and (although I was off my head at the time) I thought that the film was mostly boring. The bits during the day were totally pointless, while the bits at night only got tense on the last few nights. Is PA2 based on a similar structure or is it a bit less boring?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:22 pm

I freaked out when i saw the first one. Not because of the film though.

I like a good horror etc, so i put it on at 11pm, lights off, Mrs YI was in bed.

It started kicking in and the wind got realy bad outside. So much so it started to 'whistle' as it went through the roof tiles. But thats not all. I dont know if you remember the 'thunder snow' storm we had in December.

Well picture the scene, watching a freaky film, the wind started whistling through the roof and then the room suddenly lit up because of the lightning. I caked myself Shocked

The last thing you expect in December is lightning lol

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:28 pm

It's a very similar structure Legend...but it kicks in much more.

I like this sort of thing...the boring bits during the day help build you into the monotony...and when the night times parts come on the expectation is there.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:43 pm

The first one is very good, mainly due to it's originality and believability. I thought the 2nd just repeated many of the same 'tricks' and made a bit less sense. For example, some of the conversations that were filmed on the handheld camera had no reason to be filmed other than to add to the film's storyline and so it made it a bit less believable. I would have preferred if the whole film had been caught on the CCTV cameras rather than a mixture of the 2. The bits inbetween the 'night scenes' didn't really hold my attention very well

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:28 pm

I have not seen the second one due to my dislike of the first. Thought it was one of the most boring horror films I have seen. I think the problem was it was over hyped and I was really looking forward to it but it was a bit of a non event for me. I thought the Blair Witch was alot better and creepier.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum