The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RFU's future

+2
mystiroakey
Portnoy
6 posters

Go down

First things first...

The RFU's future Vote_lcap57%The RFU's future Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
The RFU's future Vote_lcap14%The RFU's future Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
The RFU's future Vote_lcap0%The RFU's future Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

The RFU's future Empty The RFU's future

Post by Portnoy Tue 25 Oct 2011, 11:44 pm

This is a straightforward poll of opinion (as I notice that MJ has not tendered his resignation within the 10-14 days as requested by [whoever is currently 'at the RFU helm']
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

The RFU's future Empty Re: The RFU's future

Post by mystiroakey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:27 am

need to sort out were the team is going, thats the only worry we have- get the management and coache sorted out-build a team , a game plan what else is there to do?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:31 am

Wheres the button for civil war for 12 months with a caretaker coach, until after the olympics when Sir Clive arrives on a white charger?

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:36 am

No one really knows what will happen. But to fix any organisation, it is always necessary to start at the top. Or everything else fails.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:38 am

SCW needs to go now or not at ll, if he wiats until post 2012 that is another year lost

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:43 am

"No one really knows what will happen. But to fix any organisation, it
is always necessary to start at the top. Or everything else fails."

what needs to be fixed bar the coaching and management?

england have money, they have depth, we went with MJ and put faith in him because lets be honest he is such a legend of the english game and so respected- we either stick with that thought process or we cut it and start again with fresh ideas . We make this decision NOW- we dont pussyfoot about at the RFU for 2 years then make a snap decsion to build for a world cup that approaching like a euro train"!

Last edited by mystiroakey on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:45 am

The RFU is in a state of" stasis ".two seperate reviews of performance being
carried out.BOTH reporting presumably to a man who has no authority to implement anything.
Englands coaching staff out of contract so the teams in limbo too,get rid of the self seeking "Blazers".
Get in a board of Experts on the game and business sides,ratify the situation of Rob Andrew is he going up/down/sideways.
THEN Appoint a Coaching staff/Manager whether you retain the existing ones or not.
Make it clear they then have 4 years to build for RWC 2015,then build from there.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:46 am

omg lol i put pussyfoot in the first time but had a space between the first part of the word and it changed it to cat lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:23 am

emack2 wrote:The RFU is in a state of" stasis ".two seperate reviews of performance being
carried out.BOTH reporting presumably to a man who has no authority to implement anything.
Englands coaching staff out of contract so the teams in limbo too,get rid of the self seeking "Blazers".
Get in a board of Experts on the game and business sides,ratify the situation of Rob Andrew is he going up/down/sideways.
THEN Appoint a Coaching staff/Manager whether you retain the existing ones or not.
Make it clear they then have 4 years to build for RWC 2015,then build from there.

scw is the only guy who can handle the rfu imo, he has the balls, nouse, respect and provenance

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 3:10 am

I maybe an avid All Black Fan,but I am also an Anglo-Scot and want my native countries to do well too.The RFU has become an anachronism from the amateur days.Many well meaning but in many cases inept individuals.Sir Clive had the good luck to be around with a very great bunch of players.He was not a coach in the classical sense,but created an environment when all the players had to do was go out and play.
When things started going down hill i.e when HIS team more or less retired
he had the sense to get out.
I agree he would be good somewhere in the RFU as he is a great organizer.Since both Robinson ,and Ashton had better win /loss stats at the time of there dismissal than SCW.
The RFU does`nt come well out of this Ashton`s dismissal especially stunk,Steele also being dumped has`nt helped matters.
In my opinion Martin Johnson and his team of coaches are beginning to get things right on the field.
The RWC is something of a blindspot for coaches because normal rules don`t apply.
By that I mean in normal Test Rugby in 3Ns/6Ns or whatever you expect to win most of your home matches.
Because of travel and other factors,BUT in a RWC because you are insitu for a period of weeks the HOME advantage does`nt apply.
Also for good or ill in a RWC after the pool stages there is the Formula ,Defence,try nothing,kick goals win matches.even NZ/Aus/Boks and France succumb to that ethos.
England have a young and relatively in experienced team,with respect 38 year old Props are not the way to go.
Just as an aside the RWC I was really looking forward to Samoa versus Fiji which I expected 7 style skills.
Was a turgid borefest ,I was bought up in the era of AB/Bok power rugby when 100 plus lineouts were the norm in a game.
I could enjoy Rugby in ANY form and know a fair bit about it,and the dark deeds done in scrums and line outs by forwards who took the game out of the Refs hands.
The sooner Clowns are dumpedfrom the RFU and the circus can return to town the bettter.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:39 pm

Personally I think SCW would be a massive step backwards. He was a great manager at a time when England had a clutch of world class players. However he is not a coach, he has been out of the game for 6 years and his last fling was a lions tour that was an utter disaster precisely because of his failure in tactics, selection and man management.

There are some good coaches out there but I bet England will give them a rolling annual contract a la Ashton and if there isnt a grand slam after a year then they will bring SCW back to try and get things together for the 2015 RWC. SCW will fail because as he knows it takes 2 world cups to build a winning team. England go out in the quarters again and the whole process starts over, bend over rinse and repeat.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down