The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Groves Named Young Boxer Of The Year

+2
bellchees
AlexHuckerby
6 posters

Go down

George Groves Named Young Boxer Of The Year Empty George Groves Named Young Boxer Of The Year

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:59 am

named best british boxer of the year not bad i guess. i have always wondered why they do these now instead of waiting until at least december or something. not too many other standout performers i suppose and beating degale when many had written him off completely.

have any objections?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

George Groves Named Young Boxer Of The Year Empty Re: George Groves Named Young Boxer Of The Year

Post by bellchees Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:16 am

Is it supposed to be a most improved or most promising type of award? If so then I can see why Groves has won but if it is for achievement then a narrow win at domestic/european level is hardly the best the country has to offer.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

George Groves Named Young Boxer Of The Year Empty Re: George Groves Named Young Boxer Of The Year

Post by bellchees Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:23 am

Just seen it says young boxer of the year. Depends where the cut off age is, Khan is only a year older and so is Cleverly so I'd have them ahead if they are young enough. Also Fury must be close to what Groves has achieved this year as well.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:32 am

think its just a general overview of the boxer such as improvements what they achieved in regards to where they were last year and stuff unsure of the age limit in honestz though think it may be 25.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

This is laughable.

He nearly go KO'd off Kenny naderson, and then won a contentious decsion over DeGale.

Surely there are more deserving candidates?

kell Brooke and Amir Khan?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

JDandfries wrote:This is laughable.

He nearly go KO'd off Kenny naderson, and then won a contentious decsion over DeGale.

Surely there are more deserving candidates?

kell Brooke and Amir Khan?

fully agree.
its khan's all day long.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

Think the age limit is 23; Cleverly is 24, Khan is 24 (25 in December) and Brook already 25. Should add that Tyson Fury was the runner-up, which would suggest that 23 is indeed the magic number.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

Even if it was 24 I can't see how anyone other than Khan would deserve it. Fury hasn't won anything and certainly hasn't won an 'unwinnable' fight as Groves did judging by most pre-fight predictions which didn't even seeing the final bell.

Clev wouldn't be a good shout either, in the last 12 months he's been handed a Warren world title belt without winning it, fought the standard Eastern European tomato can and looked average twice against firstly an awkward Euro level fighter and then a domestic/Euro level slugger who'd spent more time on the canvas than looking good in his last few fights.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down