The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

allain rolland-pro12

+5
marty2086
BlueMuff
ScarletSpiderman
greybeard
dogtooth
9 posters

Go down

allain rolland-pro12 Empty allain rolland-pro12

Post by dogtooth Thu 20 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

i enjoy watching the celtic league of a friday eveing/saturday afternoon. i usually watch one of the games on a celtic league weekend.

but there will be an extra bit of entertainment on offer when rolland next refs in wales.

i dont think he will be in any danger physically but his ear drums will get a right bashing over every tackle.

i cant wait.

i might even trek all the way over to the wild west if he's reffing an Os or a turks match

i really really cant wait.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

allain rolland-pro12 Empty Re: allain rolland-pro12

Post by greybeard Thu 20 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

That's nice

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:31 pm

Dogtooth - last Saturday at PYS there was a cry from on of th crowd for a RED CARD everytime a big tackle went in.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

I think most Welsh people know he is a great ref as was evidenced by the nailed on correct decision that he made. He wont get any grief on this basis.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:54 pm

BlueMuff wrote:I think most Welsh people know he is a great ref as was evidenced by the nailed on correct decision that he made. He wont get any grief on this basis.

I think the English media made more of it than the Welsh team staff or fans but Im sure there will be some fun from it when he does pop up in Wales

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 20 Oct 2011, 7:11 pm

yes, marty, i think fun is the right word. i dont see him getting any nasty comments from the welsh fans, just a few well timed witticisms
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Thu 20 Oct 2011, 7:20 pm

BlueMuff wrote:I think most Welsh people know he is a great ref as was evidenced by the nailed on correct decision that he made. He wont get any grief on this basis.

To be honest mate everyone I know thought he was a hopeless ref long before last week.

He is our least favourite ref along with Wayne Barnes. We rarely even get the 60:40 decisions with him reffing let alone the 50:50 .

As soon as it was announced he was our ref I had a string of emails from friends basically saying our chances just went down and that was proved right. It was absolutely no shock at all to see him send one of our boys off even if I expected just some yellows.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 20 Oct 2011, 7:38 pm

Iv'e always liked him as a referee, he is normally pretty strong and has always been fair to Wales, in fact most of the games he has refereed in his career have been for Wales and France and we often win with him.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

I personally have never liked him as a ref, I don't like how he officiates the scrums especially and he can be a bit hit and miss at the breakdown (see our rwc game against Samoa).

I would expect a lot of pantomime boos from the crowd, but would very much hope Welsh crowds don't actually full on show any sort of abuse towards him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 20 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I personally have never liked him as a ref, I don't like how he officiates the scrums especially and he can be a bit hit and miss at the breakdown (see our rwc game against Samoa).

I would expect a lot of pantomime boos from the crowd, but would very much hope Welsh crowds don't actually full on show any sort of abuse towards him.
It will go straight over his head anyway, Irish refs have to learn to be thick skinned in Wales, as do Welsh ones in Ireland. Neither are very popular to be honest.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 20 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

I've never heard Welsh refs getting stick off the crowd in Ireland purely for being Welsh Alyn. Actually some are quite popular, by virtue of not being Peter Allan.

I think thats something you dreamt up yourself.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:13 am

i remember nigel whitehouse reffing at virginia park for a cardiff caerphilly match (back in the heady days when caer were in the premiership Sad )

nigel had a few choice comments hurled at him. it was constant in fact and all really funny. i hope allain get simmilar treatment. the fans at the dave seem the most vocal. i cant wait for allain to turn up there.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by DRAGONONPARADE Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

Heard he's reffing Dragons and the blues game on Nov 4th

DRAGONONPARADE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down