The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitmarsh refuses to comment on Hamilton , Mechanics unhappy

4 posters

Go down

Whitmarsh refuses to comment on Hamilton , Mechanics unhappy Empty Whitmarsh refuses to comment on Hamilton , Mechanics unhappy

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:39 am

Martin Whitmarsh has refused to comment on whether it is Lewis Hamilton's troubled private life that is steering his Formula One career on the wrong track.

Despite winning pole position and finishing a fighting second in Korea last weekend, the 2008 world champion was visibly and audibly despondent on the back of a terrible run of form and on and off-track incidents.c

The Swiss newspaper Blick reports that his girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger has linked up with "a new man", pushing Hamilton in a foul mood that is affecting his job.

"The McLaren mechanics are upset with Lewis," reported veteran correspondent Roger Benoit, "because he treated them so coldly in Korea.

"They say he is behaving like a stubborn child."

Hamilton, 26, hinted at his split by saying he has received "massive support" from those close to him in the past days in the form of "emails from my brother, my mum and in particular my dad".

Team boss Whitmarsh also hinted at behind-the-scenes troubles by telling the PA Sport news agency that "professionally, he's happy".

"I comment on his professional life," said the McLaren principal.

"He says he is happy, and any other enquiry regarding his state of happiness should be directed to Lewis and not me."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Whitmarsh refuses to comment on Hamilton , Mechanics unhappy Empty Re: Whitmarsh refuses to comment on Hamilton , Mechanics unhappy

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

Well, its been pretty obvious for some time all is not well in Lewis' world.

That said, I think Korea marked a new low for him. I've never seen any driver that downbeat after grabbing a pole position in qualifying and he seemed equally unhappy after one of the gutsiest drives of his career.

I hope he manages to sort his problems out soon, especially as it seems to be affecting his relationships within the team.

Don't blame Whitmarsh for not commenting. Its entirely up to Lewis if he wants to reveal details of his private life...which I doubt he does.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Whitmarsh refuses to comment on Hamilton , Mechanics unhappy Empty Re: Whitmarsh refuses to comment on Hamilton , Mechanics unhappy

Post by Critical_mass Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

Well hopefully the only way is up for him. Maybe the split from NS will mean he can again concentrate on his racing and blow his critics away by returning to how he once was.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

People are reading too much into his reaction. He could be playing mind games with the team, trying to wrest it back from JB because it did appear JB had become the main man.

He even made the comment, it's great to be the one bringing the most points to the team.

Losing a girlfriend hurts but as all men on here will attest, the last thing you want to do is to show her you are in pain.

In my opinion, it's all an act.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down