The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to cheer yourself up after this mornings semi final loss..!

+5
Taylorman
Cymroglan
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
maestegmafia
9 posters

Go down

How to cheer yourself up after this mornings semi final loss..! Empty How to cheer yourself up after this mornings semi final loss..!

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:22 pm

Watch the LV=

Scarlets beating tigers 24-3 playing beautiful rugby.

Ospreys is on s4c at 19:30

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

How to cheer yourself up after this mornings semi final loss..! Empty Re: How to cheer yourself up after this mornings semi final loss..!

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

Scarlets are alot better than Leicester that is for sure.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

How to cheer yourself up after this mornings semi final loss..! Empty Re: How to cheer yourself up after this mornings semi final loss..!

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:28 pm

Yep...!

Things are not going well at welford road this year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

mm,

Thats doesn't work for me, Dragons got tonked by Bath Sad.

However I will console myself with the fact that we got to a semi final when some so called experts said we wouldn't get out of our group and then when we did we wouldn't beat Ireland.

Also despite playing 60 odd minutes with 14 men we were still in the game at the end and our defence was awesome, France never looked like scoring.

8 of the starting XV were 23 or under which just bodes so well for the future.

They can certainly come home with heads held high and proud of their efforts.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

Oh Bedford after being down all morning I put my wellies on and went out and took out my frustration turning over my veggie patch.

After a few hours of muttering and cursing my wife brought me one of those spare bacon naps we were talking about yesterday. (we didn't make it to Cardiff as she was ill today), and a cup of tea.

I stod there, watched the world, drank, ate and listened to the Jays flying above and though sod it. We did bloody well.

But this young Scarlets team have really cheered me up.

Watch out Matthew Morgan the phill Bennett of Swansea. The Scarlets have a Barry John in they young Jordan Williams.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:36 pm

The academies are churning out some good talent.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

Really impressed with the welsh ability to move on after such a gutting match.
Dont think us kiwis will be able to do that.
Wel done wales. Your future looks rosy.
Build on it!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:49 pm

Taylorman wrote:Really impressed with the welsh ability to move on after such a gutting match.
Build on it!

Thing is Taylorman, we get a lot of practice!

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

Taylorman wrote:Really impressed with the welsh ability to move on after such a gutting match.
Build on it!

The other great news is that after getting to the semis this time I don't think that rugby league will steal thirty of our top players like last time.

Touch wood.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

I think thats about to change. Still raw. But huge potential.
You still have 3. and 4 playoff.
Weird. Could still be same top 4 as 87.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:57 pm

I'd be happy with third..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:01 pm

mm,

I am happy now whatever, if you said to me before comp that we would have:

Got to semi finals

Finished games stronger than everyone else, even with 14 men

Seen players develop like Chartris, entire back row, Priestland, JD2, North, Sc Williams, Halfpenny.

Players like Phillips and Roberts return to Lions form.

Bennett (FFS) have good tournament

Then I would have bitten your hand off and most probably suggest you go and see a shrink Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:06 pm

Bedford, I agree with all that. Its just disappointing knowing that we could have made it to the final.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:07 pm

I know Bedford my friend...!

Can you be kind enough to allow one little I bloody told you so...?

Cheeky I know but you lot were chastising Gats et al before..!

All good fun though at least we are where we are and league doesn't have enough cash to steal our best anymore...

Mwah ah ha ha ha..!

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:08 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Cheeky I know but you lot were chastising gays et al before..!
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:09 pm

Subs,

Of course you are right but 8 of that team were 23 or under so this will have been their first big tournament/experience.

Whislt fed up in the past of settling for glorious defeat I like the rest was absolutelt gutted and devastated this morning but with hindsight and time to reflect I am nothing but proud and confident going forward.

!2-18 months ago we would have lost to Samoa, drew with Fiji and would have gone to bit against france in that game today.

Onwards and Upwards.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:11 pm

Onwards and upwards...!

Bring on the other semi finalists for the third place play off..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:13 pm

shellshocked for most of the afternoon and then i played gta for the first time in ages and ages. poor nico got blown up a lot.

i hope the team does really well next week. i hope sam get player of the tournament too, but his red card might have scuppered that chance. Sad

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:14 pm

bad way for shane williams to bow out of test match rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

Bedford, I agree the youngsters both in the squad and those left at home look very exciting. I just hope that those in the squad keep their heads screwed on and keep the drive, attitude and work ethic which they appear to have at the moment. Its the professionalism of the youngsters which has impressed me most. As long as they keep developing then the future looks good.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Watch the LV=

Scarlets beating tigers 24-3 playing beautiful rugby.

Ospreys is on s4c at 19:30

If you didn't watch them live, the Scarlets game is the only one it would advisable to watch a recording or highlights of.

Dragons 16 - 46 Bath Rugby
Scarlets 31 - 3 Leicester Tigers
Newcastle Falcons 33 - 3 Cardiff Blues
Exeter Chiefs 35 - 9 Ospreys

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

I went to see both the Dragons and Scarlets games. thumbsup

Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down