The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prediction: Nadal will only win titles on clay from now on

+6
time please
Josiah Maiestas
wow
banbrotam
legendkillar
eraldeen
10 posters

Go down

Prediction: Nadal will only win titles on clay from now on Empty Prediction: Nadal will only win titles on clay from now on

Post by eraldeen Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:08 pm

Take a look at 2011.

He can't win titles outside of clay anymore.

eraldeen

Back to top Go down

Prediction: Nadal will only win titles on clay from now on Empty Re: Prediction: Nadal will only win titles on clay from now on

Post by legendkillar Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:49 pm

Provide some stats.

Great insight though.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Prediction: Nadal will only win titles on clay from now on Empty Re: Prediction: Nadal will only win titles on clay from now on

Post by banbrotam Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:02 pm

Quality article Doh

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by eraldeen Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:25 pm

I'm 100% spot on here. Nadal has regressed to being a dirtballer with a dirtballer game no matter the surface.

eraldeen

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:26 pm

What pseudo you had before eraldeen? And any particular reason to choose this pseudo?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

wow wrote:What pseudo you had before eraldeen? And any particular reason to choose this pseudo?

Pauline?

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

I would still like some stats though. You know just to give you some form of merit.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

emancipator wrote:
wow wrote:What pseudo you had before eraldeen? And any particular reason to choose this pseudo?

Pauline?

Although I agree with the prediction. Laugh

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:56 pm

Eraldine cannot be pauline, as Pauline was a Murrray hater.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

I think Nadal should be able to nick Miami or Indian Wells, Djokovic as difficult as he is to beat will not have a year like last year, and he's going to be a bit rusty as he is more of a rhythm player.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:54 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:I think Nadal should be able to nick Miami or Indian Wells, Djokovic as difficult as he is to beat will not have a year like last year, and he's going to be a bit rusty as he is more of a rhythm player.

Indy maybe. Don't see him getting Miami if Nole or Murray bring their A game

There is an argument to say that Nadal simply shouldn't be winning hard court events

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:19 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:I think Nadal should be able to nick Miami or Indian Wells, Djokovic as difficult as he is to beat will not have a year like last year, and he's going to be a bit rusty as he is more of a rhythm player.

There is an argument to say that Nadal simply shouldn't be winning hard court events

He has a better chance at Miami.

It plays even slower than IW, probably the slowest HC on the tour.

Nadal's won it before and reached the final twice also, if I'm not mistaken. His record at IW is not as good.

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:33 am

wow some sweeping prediction here. Rafa's game is not my favourite by any means, but he is still the best competitor I have seen for a long time in any sport and I am sure that he will scoop many more hardcourt titles before hanging up his raquet. I would also still have him as favourite for Wimbledon - TMF is fading Crying or Very sad and Rafa has the second best grass court pedigree.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:14 am

OK, so Rafa has only won 3 titles this year, all on clay. He's also lost 7 finals, 4 of them on hard (GS @ USO, MS1000 @ IW and Miami plus Shanghai) and one on grass (Wimby). Given that he lost almost all of these to Djokovic in the most inspired form seen from any pro for 20+ years, it hardly suggests he's not in the shake-up for titles away from clay.

Add to this that from summer 2010 (all those years ago Wink ) he won both Wimby and the USO.

OK, I know all the 'past results are no guarantee of future performances', but as long as Rafa stays fit, it would be a big shock if he does not tke a few more titles on surfaces other than clay.

(note- as 'time please' says, Rafa is also not my favourite player either, but he is one hell of a competitor)

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:53 am

emancipator wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

He has a better chance at Miami.

It plays even slower than IW, probably the slowest HC on the tour.

Nadal's won it before and reached the final twice also, if I'm not mistaken. His record at IW is not as good.

You've got that exactly the wrong way around - Nadal's never won Miami.

I don't see one can count him out of winning on HC (or grass) again. Only Djoko has stopped him in 4 finals this year so far, and as others say Djoko is unlikely to maintain quite the same standard as this year in the future.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

Yes.. you're right, i just checked.

I must of got them mixed up. For some reason I thought he was better in Miami.

It's probably cause he beat Fed there as a teenager.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:28 pm

Nadal will win titles outside clay again, its hardly been a disaster year has it!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by eraldeen Sat 15 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

I stand by my prediction. Nadal will only win titles on clay in the future. Any slams or Masters Series or MM will be won on clay. Back to basics.

eraldeen

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm

Just found an interesting statistic on ATP website. Nadal is in second place (tied with Murray) for most hard court wins this year (32). This makes the prediction of no more hard court titles seem a bit premature.

BTW no prizes for guessing who is in first place!

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down