The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Adamek's pro career been superior to Haye's?

+7
bellchees
Scottrf
J.Benson II
Youarethegreatest
punch drunk
samevans1
GeoffSnapes
11 posters

Go down

Has Adamek's pro career been superior to Haye's? Empty Has Adamek's pro career been superior to Haye's?

Post by GeoffSnapes Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 am

David Haye is considered by most the 3rd best heavy in the World after Wlad and Vitali (I know a few class him as the best! Smile). I guess this is mainly due to the fact he holds the 'other' belt that the Klits don't. However, had Tomasz Adamek been able to mouth his way into a bout with Valuev - would things be different? I'm confident Adamek could have executed the same hit and run tactics Haye did against the giant - so its very possible Adamek would have been champ. Haye gets much credit for his Cruiserweight record and unifying has to be considered a great achievement. However, if you compare the two fighters records there is a case to say Adamek's is better. He has fought 44 times, winning 43 and losing just one when he was outclassed by Brad Dawson at Light Heavy, losing his WBC belt. He moved up to cruiser the next fight due to weight issues. There he won the IBF belt. Haye has fought 26 times, winning 25 and losing by 5th round TKO to the durable Carl Thompson after dominating the early rounds of the fight. Haye's best wins (in order of best imo) are Mormeck, Valuev, Ruiz, Barrett, Fragomini, Bonin and Enzo Mac / Audley Harrison. To unify a division and move up to win a heavyweight world title via these names seems so very good match making in my opinion! Adamek, as stated early, has also won World Titles at two weights (three if you count the lightly regarded belt he holds at heavy) and has wins against (again in order of what I think are his best) Arreola, Cunningham, Bell, Grant, Banks and Golota. His early career was mostly fought in Poland agaisnt poor opposition which explains the high number of fights compared to Haye. I don't think there is much in it, but maybe a case to have Adamek on a level parring with Haye with regards to records and achievements.
I don't want to come across as anti-Haye because I find him entertaining and great to watch. He is skillful and powerful. However, I feel fighters like Adamek, and to a lesser degree Povetkin and Chagaev, have make inroads into the bxoing scene that is rarely acclaimed unlike Haye's.
Boxing Challenges

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Has Adamek's pro career been superior to Haye's? Empty Re: Has Adamek's pro career been superior to Haye's?

Post by samevans1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:23 am

Haye has won a title at heavyweight; albeit an alphabet strap. Valuev is better than any of Adamek's heavyweight wins.

Mormeck was a unified champion at Cruiserweight; which just about trumps the Cunningham win for me.

I would also back haye to win in a head to head matchup; either the Cruiserweight version or a fight between the pair at heavy.

To me, Haye is the better fighter and has achieved more. He fails to live up to his mouth and is in many ways his own worst enemy. But still, I believe that he is the superior fighter of the two mentioned.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Has Adamek's pro career been superior to Haye's? Empty Re: Has Adamek's pro career been superior to Haye's?

Post by punch drunk Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:15 pm

i'd say wins over bell, banks and Cunningham are better than hayes final fights at cruiser. haye is a better self promoter and carries the bigger punch, but i favour Adamak to have a lasting impression on the heavy sceane

punch drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Sorry mate, can't agree.

Adamek does nothing exceptionally well. He is too short for Heavy. He is not faster than average. He does not have the same advantages in athleticism and speed Haye does over most heavyweights.

Haye will/has achieved more at Heavyweight and will continue to do so because of these factors.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 pm

banks is a sparring partner at best, cunningham though skilled is china chinned. Adamek is facing mcbride next. mcbride is actually worse than audley!

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by punch drunk Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Haye needs to fight some heavy weights to leave a lasting impression. I think Ruiz, barret and audley are not going to leave a lasting impression when he retires. Valuev only gets mentioned because of his size, and many had Holyfioeld beating valuev in the fight prior to Haye. haye may have grat attributes in his favour, but right now, i dont see any desire for him to fight the best.

Adamek didnt move up in weight with the amount of interest Haye did, or the publicity, so has had to establish himself by getting the W's. He is moving through the rankings and will hopefully be getting his title shot soon, based on merit.

I rate a win over Maddalone as a greater achievement than a win over audley.

I suppose it all comes down to preference though, i like his work ethic which may jade my opinion

punch drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Haye has won a title at heavyweight; albeit an alphabet strap. Valuev is better than any of Adamek's heavyweight wins

-------------------

Disagree with that.
Arreola was a far better and more dangerous opponent than Valuev.
The Giant Russian was evidently on the slide by the time he fought Haye after a run of very poor performances while Arreola was a young, rated power-puncher in his prime.

It is also worth noting that Mormeck and Bell both held victories against one another before they fought Haye & Adamek.

However, I do agree that Haye is the better of the two men. Adamek's doesnt appear to have carried his power up at HW and he isnt as quick as Haye either. With the exception of punch resistance, Haye holds all the physical advantages over the Pole.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:33 pm

This is only my opinion; but Arreola is massively over-rated.

He is a product of the American media; who are desperate for a homegrown heavyweight. He is slow, out of shape and struggles to cut off the ring. He can punch and his chin is decent; but that is about it.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Agreed, Arreola is woeful. He's fat, and people like to think that's the reason for him being slow and cumbersome, but in truth he's just not athletic, nor does he possess much skill just a decent punch. His missus is stunning though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm

samevans1/Scottrf -

I'm not claiming that Arreola is a top HW boxer.
However, compared to Valuev, he is Tyson-esque.

Other than freakish size, what exactly did Valuev bring to the table?
Slow and cumbersome, unable to cut off the ring, can't punch despite his size, struggles to move his immense weight around... etc....

I was actually more impressed with Arreola's losing effort against Vitali than I was in any of Valuev's victories. Prior to the fight with Haye, he was outboxed by a lifeless Holyfield and struggled to get the better of a limited Ruiz.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Fair enough, I'd say he was more dangerous than Valuev. Just wanted to take some shots at Arreola.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Valuev would beat Arreola.

Arreola is small and cumbersome. At least the Russian Wookie has size on his side!

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Valuev would beat Arreola.

-----------------------

Maybe in Germany, where Arreola would most probably get shafted in the same manner Holyfield, Ruiz & Donald did.

At any neutral venue, Arreola would win. Especially if he fought the current, semi-shot version of Valuev.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 pm

I think that Adamek probably has the better wins when you compare the two but Haye would win if they fought. I just dont see anyway in which Ademek would beat either of the Klitchsko's. Just seen Arreola's missus and she is super hot.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Haye has:

Fragomeni (a man who lost to LHW Erdei, robbed Wlodarczyk once before getting rightly stopped 2nd time around, but a future world champion nonetheless...)
Mormeck (2 belt champion BUT - not the "man" at the weight)
Enzo Mac (limited CW champion - always weak-chinned)
Valuev
Ruiz (a bit of a past-it version)

And; unbelievably - that's it! No-one else of real note/merit. Which is a bit shocking really.

Adamek, meanwhile, has - SINCE his LHW days:
Bell (a touch old and faded)
Cunningham (good champion)
Banks (meant to be the "up n coming" next big thing)
Golota (old and past it)
Estrada
Arreola
Grant

Which means - unlike Haye - he has FOUGHT his way into line for a world championship fight; whereas Haye TALKED his way into a world championship.

That isn't to say that Adamek is more talented than Haye - look at a highlight reel and judge that for yourselves - but his record is far more traditionally "justified".
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Great points and well put Oxring -much better than I did.Agree with allthe above,not sure I rate Estrada though

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 am

Good points oxring and I would agree that theres not a huge amount between the records and I also fully agree that Hayes pr has given him a major advantage.

But on the other hand I think Haye has also been simply more concise. What would you really have him do different at CW? After his admittedly shocking loss he got back into contention quickly and beat Mormeck on his own patch. Would have to disagree you that Mormeck was not "the man". I may be wrong but I thought he was ranked 1 guy in the division at the time when he held the WBA and WBC. After that Haye added the WBO. Enzo is no great shakes but as a title holder in the division I think this was a reasonable fight to take.

At HW he had a warm up fight and then won a title against a belt holder. Again I think this is fair enough. Obviously the Klitschkos are the big guns in the division but as neither he nor Adameck has faced them then I think Haye targetting Valuev is more than acceptable in comparison to Adameck. Ruiz was a mandatory, not much you can say. Harrison was a sham but not much worse than Maddalone.

Haye was basically more effective at tagetting the titles, even if the actual names on both CVs are of a similar level. Would strongly favour Haye as the better fighter at present based on what I have seen but hopefully both guys will face the real men at the weight this year. Adamek is almost certain to and hopefully Haye will follow.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Shears Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 am

Interesting question!

In the very recent history/present I'd question thle quality of Adamek's fights. Audley Harrison is surely more of a rip-off because of it's pay-per view status and the fact that Haye is a champion....but Vinny Maddalone (who I have never heard of and never plan to see fight) and Kevin McBride (who I have for one obvious reason....he's Irish). I wouldn't be happy as a brit/fan if Haye had taken either of those fights. Fan or not.

After all the dust settled, I kinda came round to Haye's way of thinking about Audley Harrison and thought maybe the Harrison fight was a decent way of making some no-risk cash, because of Audley's as always, freakishly good pre-fight brain-washing tactics ("Audley's in with a chance....if he catches Haye....later rounds....Michael Sprott" - Anyone?)

I digress.

So I tried to think like a Pole, and I though who would I like to see him fight more than anyone? And then it hit me....

Mariusz Pudianowski.

Billy Shears

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 pm

adamek can take a punch, has to be said- i think he is quick for a heavyweight. it's about even in my opinion maybe give it to the pole slightly, depending how there fights with the klitch bros go could see either man take the limelight in the divison.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down