The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Of Season Awards

5 posters

Go down

End Of Season Awards Empty End Of Season Awards

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

Man of Steel - Rangi Chase (Castleford Tiger)
Team of the Year - Catalan Dragons
Young Player of the Year - Jonny Lomax (St Helens)
Coach of the Year - Trent Robinson (Catalan Dragons)
Mike Gregory Spirit of Rugby League Award - Harry Jepson (Leeds President)
Community Champion - Jason Netherton (Hull KR)

Sean Long and Rob Purdham were presented with awards to mark their long service to Super League.

Also, rumours doing the rounds on twitter is that the Wigan table didn't applaud for Rangi Chase when his name was read out. Poor showing if true.

Back to top Go down

End Of Season Awards Empty Re: End Of Season Awards

Post by Luke Tue 04 Oct 2011, 4:48 pm

Glad Chase won, but very suprised as thought Tomkins was a walk in.
Agree with the Lomax choice, and i suppose the Robinson one, not sure how Catalans beat Warrington for team of the year.

Also agree about the Wigan rumour, but they are showing themselves to be a classless side.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Wed 05 Oct 2011, 1:42 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Glad Chase won, but very suprised as thought Tomkins was a walk in.
Agree with the Lomax choice, and i suppose the Robinson one, not sure how Catalans beat Warrington for team of the year.

Also agree about the Wigan rumour, but they are showing themselves to be a classless side.
So you're taking the rumour as being true then, or is it just a case of the pot calling the kettle black with regards to lacking class?

As a Wigan fan I actually think the right choice was made, Rangi has been outstanding in virtually every game I've seen this season unlike Tomkins, who's been near perfect on occasion, but distinctly average too often and I'm glad Cats won the team of the year and Trent Robinson was coach of the year, with a bit of backing and a lot of luck I wouldn't be too surprised if they challenge for honours next season, especially if the weather is on their side.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 05 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

I agree that Catalans could win something next year, and the 2 signings they made for next season should see them challanging.
However in my opinion Warrington were the best side this season. They played the best rugby, Scored the most points, conceded the least.
Wigan have been fantastic the last 2 seasons, but in my opinion they have an arrogence about them, a sort of we're Wigan and can do whatever we want that means people either like or dislike them. I'm in neither camp much, but
I was wrong to take rumour as fact, but you've got to admit if true it's in poor showing.
Tomkins as i've put before is a fantastic player, who needs to cut out the sly things he does to become a top player in Rl.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Wed 05 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

I can understand why Catalan won over Warrington if you take into account where they came from last year. Warrington were good last year and were better this year. Catalan made a massive improvement from the way they played last year.

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorBT Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:24 am

I heard that the wigan team were behind that whole national socalistism uproar in the 1930's in Germany the rotten sods

All very deserved imo

WarriorBT

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 06 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

WarriorBT wrote:I heard that the wigan team were behind that whole national socalistism uproar in the 1930's in Germany the rotten sods

All very deserved imo

Are you sure, Tomkins & Charnley don't look old enough, Now if you'd said Maurice Lindsay well that i could believe.

As i've said, the only thing's Wigan done that i wasn't happy with was the salary cap exempt thing at the start of SL. And the whole points deduction thing after Fielden. Oh and the fact they knocked us out of the play offs 2 years running.

Other than that i don't care about Wigan until we play them. But i do find the level of hatred toward them amusing, you only have to read the RL papers letters page to get a depth to this. And other than 2 things above, i don't really get why.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorBT Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

Mate, its comical, but im a big beliver in if you get it you normally earnt it, good and bad. Maybe wigan are catching the back end of there 90's success and people still enjoy them being knocked off their perch, but its all good, no where near as bad as some of the football "hatreds"

Salery cap thing was a bit poor, especially the number of home grown players we produce no excuse to do that but i honestly (no biased at all of course) think other fans should love wigan, the amount of wigan academy products that play through the league thesedays they do almost as much for the rest of the team as they do for themselves

WarriorBT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:25 pm

Chase stood out for Cas as he was head and shoulders their best player , Tomkins has a lot more better players at Wigan to compete for the spot light with plus its voted for by other players and hes not well liked .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down