The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 - Set Two

+3
Fisherunited
jimbohammers
LukeLovesLuka
7 posters

Go down

Season 2 - Set Two Empty Season 2 - Set Two

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Set Two

AC Milan - N/A

Arsenal - N/A

Barcelona - (kamran)
https://www.606v2.com/t14423-barcelona-set-2

Bayern Munich - Fisherunited
https://www.606v2.com/t14381-bayern-munich

Chelsea - (onlytreblewinners)
https://www.606v2.com/t14355-chelsea

Inter Milan - (LukeLovesLuka)
https://www.606v2.com/t14349-inter-milan

Juventus - (SirJohnnyEnglish)
www.606v2.com/t14429-juventus-set-2

Liverpool - (fernando)
https://www.606v2.com/t14352-liverpool-fc-season-2-set-2

Lyon - (Tom)
https://www.606v2.com/t14412-european-league-season-2-lyon-set-2

Manchester City - (SuperPav9)
https://www.606v2.com/t14373-man-citeh

Manchester Utd - (Cor Blimey Guvnor)
https://www.606v2.com/t14348-european-league-2-set-2-manchester-united

Real Madrid - (jimbohammers)
https://www.606v2.com/t14353-real-madrid-cf

Roma - (followfollow1972)
https://www.606v2.com/t14438-roma

Tottenham - (pullthestrings)
https://www.606v2.com/t14399-tottenham-hotspur-european-league

You must give each squad a mark out of 10 on how much you think it has improved since the starting squad. Take into consideration - First XI, formation used and whether the players suit that formation, strength of bench, position cover and squad players. If you think that there aren't enough sqaud players for a typical season or not enough cover in a certain position, then mark them down for that.

When giving your score you must give a description of how you came to it. This doesn't have to be very long, just a brief outline of where you think the manager could have done better for example.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Season 2 - Set Two Empty Re: Season 2 - Set Two

Post by jimbohammers Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Arsenal - No Team

-----

Barcelona - 8

Great job here by Kam, only weakness in the team is Pepe. Silva is a top addition, maybe he should of mixed it up with a new striker? Improved bench as well. Overall good job.

-------

Bayern - 8.5

I really like this team Fisher has got together. Nani, Valencia, Ivanovic, Ramires are all under-rated and i think this team is very solid. Would of been a 9 if Anelka was improved on. Great effort.

--------

Chelsea - 8 -

OTW has kept alot of Chelsea players here, especially in defence. The team has improved though. Like the midfield alot. Bench is weak though which stops it from being a higher mark.

--------

Inter - 8

Very attacking team here by Luke and i think he could of done a little better. Sneijder, Maicon and Lucio have been replaced by Kompany, Rafael and Nasri which i see as 3 weaker players. I like the front 4 though and De Jong is a good player. Bench is quite weak.

---------

Juventus - 7.5

A good effort by SirJohnny, Forlan and Young are top Buys. Would of like to see the defence improved a bit more and im not sure about Mvila. Has improved though.

----------

Liverpool - 7.5

Fernando has made a couple of improvements but i would of liked to seen more players brought in. Downing and Bellamy could of been improved on. i like Vargas and Melo though.

----------

Lyon - 8

I like what Tom has done here. I like the pairing of VDV and Dzeko. Maybe he should put Smalling right back and Jones in the middle? A good effor though.

-----------

Man City - 8.5

A really solid team put together by pav. There are no weaknesses and i like the wingers Cazorla and Mata with Cambiasso and Khedira holding in midfield. Bench has plenty of options as well.

-------------

Man Utd - 8

A mixed bag here for Guv. I love the midfield trio of Sneijder, Ozil and Masch. However he has lost out with Evra, Vidic and Nani leaving. Overall i think the team is stronger, hence the 8.

--------------

Roma - 9

Top effort by Follow, who started with very little and has put together a top side. The back 4 is solid and the midfield would work well together. Strong bench as well!

-------------

Spurs - 7.5

Pull has done well to get a more solid defence but i think Hamsik and Lennon could of been improved on. Would of tried to get Adebayor in the team with Eto'o.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisherunited Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 am

Barcelona 8

A difficult job to improve Barca but he has done that. Pepe may be weaker but the other changes are for the good. The squad is bigger and the brain is pretty decent as expected. A job well done here.

Chelsea 8

A similar case to Barca where not that many changes but strengthened the side definitely. Wings are now excellent, CM too and attack is still top class. The bench has Lampard on it amongst others that are good. Antother top effort.

Inter Milan 7.5

Not a bad side but i dont think this is Luke's strongest ever side by a long way. He hasnt replaced some of his better players, although Nasri is a good replacement for Sneijder. Bench is very average too, and has mostly defensive options with little in attacking backup.

Juventus 7.5

A decent effort here, and definitely imrpved the side. Not sure about some of the new singings but has done well to keep Chiellini and Pirlo with adding Forlan and Young. A solid but unspectacular side.

Liverpool 7

Simply not enough deals done here, Fernando hasnt really gone out with a bang, but he will be missed in thew league. No domestic deals done really and nowhere near enough changes to an average Liverpool team. Vargas and Fabiano are good signings.

Lyon 8

I like this side. Some smart signings and a good mix here. Not sure about Flamini. I like the defence with a good mix of youth and experience. The attacking 4 are very strong, but not sure Cavani is playing in the right position.
Not a bad bench for Lyon either with more good young players.

Man City 8.5

Really like what Pav has done here. Some of the players he has arent individually better than what he had, although i do think its improved overall. But the main point is there is alot of chemistry here. An all Real Madrid back 4 with a top young goalkeeper who is Spanish. Spanish based players all round and two very good Spain wingers. Kaka still an excellent signing too, its very Real Madrid like, and that cant be a bad thing. Not bad bench either.

Man Utd 8.5

A really good side here. Made wholesale changes to the side but alot of them are stronger. The defence is perhaps marginally weaker but not much difference. The midfield 3 is stunning and would frighten any team. The wide men are class and he has kept Rooney as the main man. Bench is fairly decent.

Real Madrid 8

Like Barcelona a massively difficult task, but Jimbo has done that. I think defensively they look stronger and Fabregas is a great addition. Is Ribery better than Di Maria? No sure there. Bench has some good options on it, especially Muller. A strong team.

Roma 9

Team of the week this. Defense may not be the strongest in the world but its still strong and i liek the CB combo. The midfield and attack however would create alot of chances, and spearheaded by Ibrahimovic, its likely to lead to goals. Bench is also very strong for Roma, a great overall squad.

Tottenham 8.5

Another overall improved squad with depth. Dont think i can give a 9 cos a few individuals arent as strong, and there was no improvement on Lennon etc. Bench is great, i like the CB partnership and defensively i general they look much stronger. Great work.

Fisherunited

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperPav9 Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 am

Barcelona - 8.5
A tricky task for all really Barca. Kam has done well and made the necessary improvements on what people see as Barca's weaker areas. Plus added a good bench. Good effort.

Bayern Munich - 8.5
Again, another good effort here. Wingers are weaker but original players used to good effect to add overall strength to the team. Good bench as well.

Chelsea - 8.5
I like this team. Excellent personnel in the side. Strong and well balanced again. Robben is an excellent addition. Defence is fairly similar and for me Bosingwa should have been improved on but nevertheless a good side. Bench is decent as well.

Inter Milan - 8
A decent side but perhaps still a fair bit of room for improvement again. The class in the original Inter side hasn't perhaps been replaced with personnel of the same quality. However, Nasri is a decent addition and the attacking side of the team is good. Bench is ok.

Juventus - 7.5
Decent effort. Kept hold of Pirlo and Buffon and added Forlan and Young to the side which was well played but I think the rest of the team isn't up to scratch in my opinion.

Liverpool - 7
Disappointing to see this as Fernando's last team. There's a fair number of original players still in the side. Vargas and Melo are decent additions but at a combined value of £64 million?!?!?!?! Erm That is where I think the side went wrong in my opinion. The money above could have bought in perhaps more slightly lesser quality players but in turn it would have added more solidarity to the side thus bringing a better score. Plus, there is no bench.

Lyon - 7.5
Decent effort here. Some good additions in Bale, VDV & Dzeko with Hart and Gallas as well. Still room for improvement but a decent effort nonetheless.

Man Utd - 8.5
I like this side. Defence is slightly weaker but some excellent personnel have been added. Great midfield and kept hold of Rooney as a striker who with the players around him would score a tonne of goals. Bench is decent as well.

Real Madrid - 9.5
I really like this team. for me Jimbo has excelled himself here. Some world class additions added to the side with Puyol, Vidic, Yaya Toure, Fabregas & Ribery to go with what was already there. The bench as well is the best I have ever seen in any of these games. Well played Jimbo.

Roma - 9
Great work from Follow here. Excellent personnel added to the side. Personally, I'd say the right side of the team is a little weak but only in comparison to the rest of the side. Well played overall.

Tottenham - 8.5
Good work from Pull at the lane. Excellent defence. Midfield is probably the weakest area of the side. Definite room for improvement on the wings. Eto'o is an excellent addition however.

SuperPav9

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 am

Barcelona - 8.0

Solid stuff from Kamran. He has strengthened the weaker positions as well as the bench. The spine remains the same other than Pepe but difficult to know what to do when you manage Barca. Good work.

Bayern Munich - 8.0

The defence is hugely strengthened and I like the midfield combo. Nani and Valencia are good replacements for Robben and Ribery with Anelka a solid striker up front. I'd probably say the midfield is marginally weaker overall than the original but a good job as normal from Fisher.

Chelsea - 9.0

Excellent stuff here. The main players have been kept and top class new players brought in. This side would scare most opposition. All round top team. Lampard on the bench to boot - nailed on hattrick the following match. OK

Inter Milan - 7.5

With the loss of Eto'o, Inter have become a bigger challenge than last season. Luke has made a lot of changes and has a strong front three. However, the defence looks weaker overall to me as does the defensive midfield area with Cambiasso not fully replaced. Minor things really but Luke has had better sessions. Perhaps he is a victim of his own high standards, expectation is high.

Juventus - 8.0

Possibly the toughest of all jobs on the league. SJE has done well to bring in some talented players but overall the side still looks to be lacking quality in certain areas. The final deal bringing in Luiz and Meireles was an excellent one though and made a change overall for me.

Liverpool - 7.0

Sorry to see fernando leave the league. Enjoyed having him on here. His Liverpool side is largely unchanged and in general the indiginous players are not rated too highly on here. Srna, Vargas and Fabiano are all good additions but overall more was required imo.

Lyon - 8.0

Another tough job. Tom has opted to go with some promising young talent and add some experience with the likes of VdV. Overall good work and a much strengthened side. I will be interested to see how people tackle the Lyon challenge. Tom has done a good job.

Manchester City - 8.0

City are a dangerous side to manage. They have some top players but also a number of less rated players. Silva has been replaced with Mata, Aguero and Tevez with Kaka and Benzema. The defence is stronger so overall a good job by Pav.

Manchester Utd - my side

Real Madrid - 9.5

Jimbo is definitely on form this season. Another excellent job done here. Strong bench as well which is often an issue with Real where the bench players can be used bolster the first XI.

Roma - 9.5

Awesome side for Roma. Follow did top class foreigns and has made full use of those signings to put together a top class side. Bench is strong too. Overall a top effort. Not much else needed to add really.

Tottenham - 8.0

Overall a solid job by Pull. This is the first time someone has had to manage Spurs so a new challenge and no previous benchmark to rate against. The defence has strengthened and Eto'o is a top signing. VdV has been replaced for me nor Bale. Overall this is a good job done but one or two players could have been improved upon perhaps. Will be interesting to see how others fair here.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm

barca - 8.5 very solid job

Bayern 8 good additions to the side with ferdinand, nani

chelsea 8 - very good side keep the decent chelsea players and improved the rest

inter 7.5 - defence is lacking as is the bench but the front 4 are excellent

Juventus 7 the defence like inter is midfield is good and the forwards are great

lyon 7.5 hard job but made some good signings in the form of vdv and gallas playing cavani out wide is a bad move tbh and the bench not great

man city 8 done a very good job but some replacements arent better then what they had strong bench aswell

man utd 8.5 weakened the defence but improved the rest of the side and a very solid bench to choose from

Real Madrid 9 strengthened madrids weak defence and the midfield is full of quality maybe could use a better striker then higuain

roma 8.5 a completely different side to what he started with and he's improved it massively with the intro of ibra + robinho etc also a solid bench

spuds 7 the defence isnt great and apart from modric + eto'o theirs not a lot of quality in the side leaving adebayor on the bench seems a bad move

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Barcelona - 8
Not sure about the centre back pairing, but Lahm, De Rossi and Silva are improvements over the original players. The bench is okay but weaker than the original for me. They could have done with another full back in reserve also.

Bayern Munich - 8.5
I am a big fan of this side, I think the back five is improved and that Nani and Valencia would be excellent on the wings, not sure about Gourcuff and Anelka though. A backup full back again I think is required.

Inter Milan - 7.5
A good attempt, the defense and midfield is average but the forwards are excellent. The bench is mainly Inter players so can't really say a lot there, but the backup is fine.

Juventus - 8
I think there's a decent job done here, it's full of solid players. No stars as such in the side but no real weaknesses for me except maybe Zhirkov. A good bench but the strikers could have maybe been improved.

Liverpool - 6.5
Not very active in the transfer market and it shows. There's a few improvements but it's not good enough really. Fabiano I don't think is any better than Carroll and Vargas no better than Enrique. Srna and Melo are improvements though.

Lyon - 7.5
A decent job here, Bale and Vaart stand out and the defense is solid, I'm not a fan of Gallas though. Mikel and Flamini provides a solid foundation for the midfield.

Man City - 8
Not sure about Cambiasso and Kaka in the side, once they were top players but they've not done well of late. They could have maybe had another full back and a winger. But other than that, it's a half decent job with plenty of strength on the bench.

Man United - 8.5
The defense overall is weaker than what it started as, but the midfield is brilliant. Maybe one of the two AMs could have been swapped for a box to box player? The bench is also very strong.

Real Madrid - 9
This side is very good, but Ribery sticks out as a weakness for me. The bench is strong but they maybe could have got better defenders there as I couldn't see any of them stepping up when required.

Roma - 7.5
Think the midfielders are over-rated on here, not a fan of any of them. A solid defense and the world class talents of Ibra and Robinho upfront push the score up. A few more players across the squad should have been added for me. 19 players just isn't enough.

Tottenham - 8
Capdevila and Nesta are both past their best but the, and I'm not a fan of Lennon and Van Bommel. Other than that a good side, done well to hold onto Modric and Eto'o is a big plus. Excellent bench pushes the score up.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down