The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?

+10
Kay Fabe
Ché Guerrero
Celtic Warrior
theundisputedY2D2
Mr H
robbo277
MIG
Holymiky
ncfc_Tooze
Brady12
14 posters

Go down

Should it be for all the marbles?

Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?  Vote_lcap23%Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?  Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 11 ]
Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?  Vote_lcap77%Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?  Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 37 ]

Total Votes : 48

Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?  Empty Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?

Post by Brady12 Fri 30 Sep - 18:12

Just a quick one as it seems to be divided opinion should the main event for Wrestlemania 28 involve a version of the world title?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?  Empty Re: Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 30 Sep - 18:31

I would have to say no, as for me it would give away the ending a little. Is the rock really going to be around after????

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?  Empty Re: Cena vs The Rock..... Should it be for the title?

Post by Holymiky Fri 30 Sep - 18:32

I would say that it does not need the title to draw for that match but if they do include the title they need to be careful that the title is still made important within the feud. The trouble is, the story between them has nothing to do with the title.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 30 Sep - 18:35

I agree with that completly too miky OK

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 30 Sep - 18:42

Another point to consider is if it isn't for the title does it go on last? If it doesn't I suppose you get the WM18 scenario where the title match just couldn't possibly follow Hogan v Rock.... Then on the other hand put it on last & it seems more important than the title

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 30 Sep - 18:44

Yeah Brady that's the trouble they will have and what would you do if Taker wrestles? That's another huge draw match.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 30 Sep - 19:52

I don't see a problem with this match being half way through as long as the title match at the end is big. Punk v HHH? Punk v Undertaker title vs streak? Orton vs Undertaker title vs streak? etc etc

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 30 Sep - 22:53

I'd love to see Cena hold the title until past the Rumble then someone like Punk win the Rumble and say he wants a shot at the WWE Championship at Mania. He could tell Cena that the only way to keep him out of his fight with the Rock would be to forfeit the title. Cena would then drop the belt and it would be fought for at the Elimination Chamber (with Cena fighting Punk as well on the night). I'd love for Orton to win the title and fight Punk at Mania, starting a three-way feud with Cena after Mania.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 30 Sep - 23:26

robbo277 wrote:I'd love to see Cena hold the title until past the Rumble then someone like Punk win the Rumble and say he wants a shot at the WWE Championship at Mania. He could tell Cena that the only way to keep him out of his fight with the Rock would be to forfeit the title. Cena would then drop the belt and it would be fought for at the Elimination Chamber (with Cena fighting Punk as well on the night). I'd love for Orton to win the title and fight Punk at Mania, starting a three-way feud with Cena after Mania.

Pass over the spliff pal.

Yes, Cena v Rock should be for the title. It will be the biggest match on the card, and the WWE Title should be on the line in the biggest match on the card. I hate it when people say 'give someone else a chance for a title shot, Rock/Cena dont need it'. What a load of stones. The WWE Title match at Wrestlemania should be special, and putting it on the line between Cena/Rock is the way to do that.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Sat 1 Oct - 0:51

I agree with Mr H, if Cena/Rock isn't for the title then the WWE championship match will once again be overshadowed.

Besides, as things stand who else on RAW right now (apart from CM Punk) is worthy of a WWE title match at Wrestlemania?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Sat 1 Oct - 1:08

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I agree with Mr H, if Cena/Rock isn't for the title then the WWE championship match will once again be overshadowed.

Besides, as things stand who else on RAW right now (apart from CM Punk) is worthy of a WWE title match at Wrestlemania?

Ricardo Rodriguez.

At least he gets a reaction from the audience...

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sat 1 Oct - 1:21

i would prefer it if Cena didnt hold the title between now and wrestlemania and Rock would also have to win it on the night but i don't see why it can't have the title

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 1 Oct - 2:02

Definitely, the biggest match in years for the biggest prize in wrestling at the years biggest show

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Sat 1 Oct - 4:01

Even though, this match doesn't need a title in my view. I would love it if The Rock won the title again.

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sat 1 Oct - 4:26

It doesn't need the title, and I don't know why people are worrying about which match is going to be last, surely thats a good problem to have as it shows how many top quality matches there are likely to be!

I'd personally have the title match last and cena vs rock as the penultimate match as a matter of principle, unless Cena is booked to win, then it should be last as the crowd will probably riot Wink

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 1 Oct - 5:50

Anything that followed Cena/Rock would be a lame duck simply because the crowd would be emotionally drained

Case in point, WrestleMania XVIII and WrestleMania XXV

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 3 Oct - 4:56

I just want to see the rock has champion i would be in tears i recon (after beers of course !)

As for the match i dont think it needs to be for the title they can make just as much as money for the match alone and it could waste a shot for some other superstarts geting a championship match at maina e.g. Punk, Del Rio etc

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Oct - 5:08

The only way I want to see this for the title is if they somehow manage to put the Heavyweight title on Cena (after losing the WWE title) and then Rock beats him for it. As a result Rock retires and the heavyweight title is retired with him, leaving just WWE title and give it a bit of meaning again instead of passing it around to every tom, dick and harry

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 3 Oct - 18:30

I think it should, but on the condition that the title has to be at the centre of the fued. It shouldn't be playing second fiddle to a personal row like it did last year with Miz/Cena/Rock.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down