The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India Squad for the England ODI series

+7
activereactive
JDizzle
guildfordbat
Fists of Fury
ShankyCricket
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
msp83
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

India Squad for the England ODI series Empty India Squad for the England ODI series

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Gautam Gambhir, Parthiv Patel, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Vinay Kumar, S Aravind, Rahul Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Praveen Kumar.

msp83

Back to top Go down

India Squad for the England ODI series Empty India squad for odi series

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

Here is the india squad for the odi series

MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Gautam Gambhir, Parthiv Patel, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Vinay Kumar, S Aravind, Rahul Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Praveen Kumar.

harbajhan has been left out, exicting youngester Varun AAron retains his place in the squad despite not playing in england. Gambhir is back, Yadav, Aravid and Rahul Sharma are in the squad

Back to top Go down

India Squad for the England ODI series Empty Re: India Squad for the England ODI series

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

lol msp we done the threads at the same time

Back to top Go down

India Squad for the England ODI series Empty Re: India Squad for the England ODI series

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

The big and the best news? the hugely underperforming Harbhajan Singh has been dropped, at last!.
But the squad is missing a few key players, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, and Zaheer Khan.
Young Ajinkya Rahane who had an impressive tour to England, and pacer Varun Aaron have been retained alongside batsman Manoj Tiwary. Karnataka's uncapped pacer Srinath Aravind, and Punjab leggy Rahul Sharma, both with a good outing in the last IPL, have made it to the squad.
Another notable comeback is that of Umesh Yadav, who like Aaron, can bowl faster than many pacers in India, although his earlier outing in South Africa suggested he had some ways to go to make it big at the highest level.
Thankfully, there is no space for RP Singh or Amit Mishra.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

i like the fact that rahul shamra is in the squad and varun aaron..

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

Are the likes of Tendulkar Khan Sehwag and Singh being rested or are they unavailable?

It does look like both sides are using this a sa development series.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

Aravind in the India squad

Remeber that he is a KKR player for our FL Whistle

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

PSW,the key players are all missing due to injjury.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Merged.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Merged.
How did you merge it?Both were at exactly the same time.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

I can merge things as an admin.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:03 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I can merge things as an admin.
I know that but how did you know the order in which to merge the posts as both were at the same time?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

good to see harbajhan is taken out of the squad, also good to see rahul sharma given a go.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:good to see harbajhan is taken out of the squad, also good to see rahul sharma given a go.
not good for england Sad

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Indeed shanky!.
Don't know whether Sharma will get a game or will he make an impact, but England will miss Harbhajan for sure.
Hopefully, this rather belated drop would bring the real Harbhajan out, make him think about his bowling a bit, and comeout stronger.
Its a good opportunity for Ravichandran Ashwin to strongly put his claims for a test spot as well. If he performs well in the series, He should make it to the test squad against the West Indies.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

Hopefully, Varun Aaron will get a few games in the series.
Vinay Kumar is a hardworking cricketer, but unfortunately, he's not quite international level. Although like Praveen Kumar Vinay too has a fine domestic record, and of course he bowls at around the same pace. But unlike PK, he is not a master of swing, and therefore, can't be expected to consistently trouble international batsmen. Varun's bowling does need lot of refinement, but he has one good atribute, consistent pace. If he, and Yadav can work on their other skills as a fast bowler, there will be life after Zaheer Khan.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

From what I have seen Aaron and Yadav dont move the ball.They bowl gun barrel straight.I think you will know better though.Could you shed more light msp?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:
I know that but how did you know the order in which to merge the posts as both were at the same time?

It didn't matter, as long as they were in the same thread. Just did it randomly.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:

It didn't matter, as long as they were in the same thread. Just did it randomly.

Cheers mate thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:From what I have seen Aaron and Yadav dont move the ball.They bowl gun barrel straight.I think you will know better though.Could you shed more light msp?

Both Aaron and Yadav are noted for their pace. Both are not great movers of the ball, off the pitch or in the air, as yet. Both of them, possess a decent bouncer though!.
I hope they get to work with Zaheer a bit, and work on their other skills.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

good to see aaron getting a chance though, he does have a lot of pace, and that is what india needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

Was the Dodger (Pragyan Ojah) in the running to be selected for this series? Most Surrey followers will confirm he was the most effective Indian cricketer in England by far this summer!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

lol thought u might say that guildford :p

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:37 pm

No Ojha, He has had his chances, and never really put a strong claim for a consistent place, although it has to be said the musical chair involving him and Amit Mishra didn't help much.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:40 pm

i personally think ojha was harshly treated, but he is still relatviely young, with time on his side.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

England should at least pick up one game against a slightly experimental Indian side. I was very downbeat on this series, but India without Tendulkar, Sehwag and Zaheer and a very different side and now I can only see a 4-1 or 3-2 loss. Yay for England. Very interested to see these Indian youngsters though, they obviously have some talented batsmen coming through but seeing these bowlers could give us an insight into India's future.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

Think it will be a close series. India is missing some of the very key players, the real impact players such as Sehwag and Yuvraj, and the real foundations such as Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan.
England is missing their best ODI batsman of recent years in Eoin Morgan, and Stuart Broad, an impact bowler. But even then, their bowling unit is far better than that of India, and youngsters like Bairstow can pack some power into their batting.
But then England are playing away from home, and traditionally, they have there share of problems playing in the sub-continent.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

Its easy to be downbeat about Englands chances but then you have to ask when did India last beat England in a limited overs game?

Nov 2008, honestly. (Ok that was the last time they toured India and they got absolutly killed in that series)

I think in the long run India will benfit form not having the old guard there. Like England its giving them the opportunity to revamp their squad and get a look at the guys who soon will have ti replace them. Thsi isnt a series anyoine really cares about that much and its a while till the next major ICC tournament, so an ideal time to be selecting the unproven.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:38 am

i think that this england team are good enough to take on all teams in all conditions. Sure we're not the finished article yet, but we are now no.1 in tests, and our one day performances are imporving, and we have a lot talent coming through, so the future is bright.

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

BCCI is Total looney, why Vinay Kumar and Jadeaj still in, why they desreve so many chances??
what happened to Jaydev Unadkat?? what happened to S Badrinaath??
How can this looney org. be allowed to destroy careers of young players??

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:00 pm

Badri cant play the short ball for toffee.
But Unadkat deserves a chance surely much better than Vinay Kumar.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:21 pm

Jaydev Unadkat play ODIs? Don't be silly. He got totally spanked by Vettori yesterday, and Vettori isn't even a big hitter. Unadnat comes from my neck of the woods, so I'm not overly critical of Gujarati players.

Jadeja has to play, as he can bat and bowl, and he's the closest replacement for Yuvraj.

Delighted Harbhajan is gone.

Brilliant that Rahul Sharma has been included, he's the closest thing to Kumble India have produced.

What the hell has happened to Irfan Pathan?

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

We Are Number 1!!! wrote:Jaydev Unadkat play ODIs? Don't be silly. He got totally spanked by Vettori yesterday, and Vettori isn't even a big hitter. Unadnat comes from my neck of the woods, so I'm not overly critical of Gujarati players.

Jadeja has to play, as he can bat and bowl, and he's the closest replacement for Yuvraj.

Delighted Harbhajan is gone.

Brilliant that Rahul Sharma has been included, he's the closest thing to Kumble India have produced.

What the hell has happened to Irfan Pathan?
I thought you were English. Wink

So the truth has come out Sonic hasnt it?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:29 pm

It was obvious, wasn't it.

Goodbye Sonic, don't darken our doorstep again.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:37 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:It was obvious, wasn't it.

Goodbye Sonic, don't darken our doorstep again.
It was obvious but now he has confessed it himself laughing

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

Yeah, just had to wait for him to hang himself. We all knew, deep down.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Yeah, just had to wait for him to hang himself. We all knew, deep down.

So has he been banned now?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

I was happy for him to show he had learnt his lesson, but clearly not as can be seen with many of his recent comments.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

Written from an indian perspective.

India have done the right thing in dropping Harbajhan. I like the look of Rahul Sharma but not sure he'll be effective in the longer (test) Aform. Ditto Ashravin (although for both the novelty factor will do them good at the start of their careers).

Aaron is another good pick, as is Rahane who frankly has a better technique than Mukund. On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed to see Jadeja in there, IMO he is very mediocre. Not convinced by Patel as a batsman, would rather see Rohit Sharma given another chance now he's (hopefully) matured enough.

IMO both Oja but in particular Murali Kartik have been very badly treated.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

Rohit broke his fingers, has he recovered from that injury now?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

Vinay Kumar, Jadeja, Badrinath, Irfan Pathan.
Vinay, as I wrote, is an honest trier with limitedd ability. Limited in pace, limited in other skills for a fast bowler who can trouble international batsmen.
Ravindra Jadeja. Has been harshly judged in the past. A good ODI bowler, who's batting has shown signs of improvement in recent times. Is a decent fielder as well, and did alright in the series in England. And India of course will have to play without Yuvraj. Jadeja is not half the ODI battter that Yuvraj is, but he can do a job with both bat and ball.
Badrinath. Lot of Indian cricket supporters wanted Badri to do well. He is a domestic run machine, but hasn't really showed the same run at the highest level. The West Indies tour was a goldan opportunity, but unfortunately, he just let it slip. Age has always been a factor pointed out against him.
Irfan Pathan. Hasn't done anything to change the circumstances that resulted in him rightly getting dropped. After getting dropped, he has had troubles with injury, and although he was payed a huge amount in the last IPL, didn't really do justice to that. May be a solid domestic season with both bat and ball is what he needs.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

Mike Selig wrote:Written from an indian perspective.

India have done the right thing in dropping Harbajhan. I like the look of Rahul Sharma but not sure he'll be effective in the longer (test) Aform. Ditto Ashravin (although for both the novelty factor will do them good at the start of their careers).

Aaron is another good pick, as is Rahane who frankly has a better technique than Mukund. On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed to see Jadeja in there, IMO he is very mediocre. Not convinced by Patel as a batsman, would rather see Rohit Sharma given another chance now he's (hopefully) matured enough.

IMO both Oja but in particular Murali Kartik have been very badly treated.

Agree 1000000 % on Harbhajan.
Not too sure on Jadeja though. He averages in the 30s with the bat, and takes wickets at a decent economy rate. His performance in the last series was certainly not mediocre.
Agree on Kartik. Not on Ojha though, as he, Amit Mishra, and Piyush Chawla got chances, but didn't really convinced a lot to give them more opportunities.
Rohit Sharma, the pampered boy of Indian cricket, is still injured. Still not convinced by his attitude, although signs in the West Indies tour were promissing.
Think Patel is a wicket keeping backup to Dhoni, and his batting is just an addition. The fact he could open went in his favor in England, where India missed Tendulkar, Sehwag, and Gautam Gambhir.
Rahane is defenetly one for the future, and there are lots of expectations from young Varun Aaron, but as I said earlier, he needs more refinement as a fast bowler.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

OK perhaps I am being harsh on Jadeja. From what I've seen he gives his all but isn't quite international standard. I could be wrong and am willing to see how he does this time around.

I like Rohit Sharma (as a player) I think his technique is a lot better than guys like Mukund and Raina. However if he's got an attitude then IMO that's that. Didn't know he was injured.

Overall this series will be beneficial to India. They'll have a good look at some potential successors to the big 3 with enough pressure on them but not too much.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

jadeja performed well in england on the whole. He is getting better with age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Sat 01 Oct 2011, 6:31 pm

I hope the lazy ' flippers ' at E&W ckt team have been practicing this week. Perfect Indian summer weather for an autumn indian cricket tour. Cool

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:58 pm

india do have an experimental squad, and so i would back england to go out there and win comfortbaly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:59 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:india do have an experimental squad, and so i would back england to go out there and win comfortbaly Smile
Comfortably?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

its gonna be a very good series

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 02 Oct 2011, 1:24 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:its gonna be a very good series
thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Sun 02 Oct 2011, 2:11 pm

really big series for gambhir coming up imo

without any of the other big names at the top of the order he really needs to stand up and show he is the right guy to take over from dhoni as captain at some point in the future imo

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next