The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Newcastle Herald is reporting that Hull KR to appoint Craig Sandercock as coach

4 posters

Go down

The Newcastle Herald is reporting that Hull KR to appoint Craig Sandercock as coach Empty The Newcastle Herald is reporting that Hull KR to appoint Craig Sandercock as coach

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 20:30

The Newcastle Herald is today reporting that Hull KR are to appoint Newcastle Knights assistant coach Caig Sandercock as their new head coach on 2 year deal . Ex Canterbury Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore was expected to get the job at Rovers .

No official announcement has been made by Hull KR at this time .

I was excited with the thought of Kevin Moore taking over so not sure how i feel if this true .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Newcastle Herald is reporting that Hull KR to appoint Craig Sandercock as coach Empty Re: The Newcastle Herald is reporting that Hull KR to appoint Craig Sandercock as coach

Post by Luke Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 21:23

My thoughts when reading this is who!
Hopefully it's not true and we're getting Moore. But i wish we would just hurry up, this is getting annoying now on who we are arn't could be appointing.
It does beg the question you and Geoge have brought up before, just who is in charge of playing recruitment at the moment?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Newcastle Herald is reporting that Hull KR to appoint Craig Sandercock as coach Empty Re: The Newcastle Herald is reporting that Hull KR to appoint Craig Sandercock as coach

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 23:07

Ive never heard of this guy and hope it isn't true , im not happy with the way things are panning out at Rovers things need sorting out quickly . Why is it taking so long to make a decision on a new coach ? Kevin Moore seems the obvious choice why all the messing about .

Answers need to be forth coming from the chairman and board to explain whats happening .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 2:00

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/knights-craig-sandercock-appointed-coach-at-hull-kingston-rovers/2302726.aspx
According to this he has alreadt been appointed Rovers coach on a 2 year contract.
I too have never heard of him until today.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 3:39

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/knights-craig-sandercock-appointed-coach-at-hull-kingston-rovers/2302726.aspx
Here's the link from the SMH.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 10:24

Thanks for the link George, still dosn't say alot about him though.
I'm not sure why when you have a top coach avaliable we are going for someone unheard off. I now it worked for Catalans, but thats not saying it's going to work all the time.
Also why only 2 year contract, the franchise is at least 3 years, so why not a straight 3 year contract ?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 15:10

Sandercock has a great name.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 18:08

He may have a good name but who the hell is he ? Really not impressed if this is true .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 3:03

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:He may have a good name but who the hell is he ? Really not impressed if this is true .
I would have thought that Rovers would have at least got a coach in who somebody may have heard of. This reminds me of Quins RL appointing Rob Powell as head coach and look at the poor seasen Quins RL have just had. In Rob Powell case at least the Quins players knew who he was, unlike in this case i would suspect.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 11:41

Got a text this morning from Rovers club link confirming the appointment of Sandercock on a 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd year .

Neil Hudgell has said that he was the outstanding candidate for the post and has a great reputaion for bringing on young players ( which to me meens no big signings ) which is not a bad thing as long as the players are upto it .

Not being a known name could work against him , not think he will be given time to succeed by the fans if he doesn't start well then both Hudgell and Sandercock are going to come in for some right stick .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 14:47

Sandercock has done a interview with the Hull Daily Mail , saying he is "Blown away with becoming Hull KR coach ", Sandercock said he was happy with the way the squad was shaping up for next season .

Rovers hope to confirm the signings of Lincoln Withers from Crusaders and Canterbury prop Mickey Paea soon .

Asked if there would be more signings he said " Watch this space " " that is something i will have to speak to Neil Hudgell about , but hopefully i will be able to bring across one more .Nothing is official yet but it could be a Newcastle player "....." If it comes off, he's a very good player , and i think the Hull KR fans will be very excited about it ".

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 20:03

Having now read the full interview with both Sandercock and Hudgell in the Hull Daily Mail i maybe starting to change my mind about this appointment , he comes across very well and his back ground at Manly and Newcastle looks impressive a lot of respect from fellow pro's as well .
Hudgell even states that Sandercock was always 1st choice and he was actually invited to apply for the job by Rovers .

Time will tell and it's performance on the pitch and results that will count , but heres hoping .

The local paper The Hull Daily Mail will be rubbing there hands together with the thought of the possible Derby day headlines with the likes of Gentle Tickle Sandercock involved .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 1:45

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Having now read the full interview with both Sandercock and Hudgell in the Hull Daily Mail i maybe starting to change my mind about this appointment , he comes across very well and his back ground at Manly and Newcastle looks impressive a lot of respect from fellow pro's as well .
Hudgell even states that Sandercock was always 1st choice and he was actually invited to apply for the job by Rovers .

Time will tell and it's performance on the pitch and results that will count , but heres hoping .

The local paper The Hull Daily Mail will be rubbing there hands together with the thought of the possible Derby day headlines with the likes of Gentle Tickle Sandercock involved .
So in your opinion do you think Sandercock has been behind the comings and goings at Rovers?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 11:08

Not sure how much input he would of had but it does sound like a few people were consulted regarding player recruitment , and he obviously got 1 maybe 2 more players in mind .

What annoys me is why is this just coming out now ? i meen if Rovers had put a statement out ata the time saying we have signed say Hodgson or Horne having taken advice from several possible coaching candidates then i for one would of been happier rather then just thinking they are boardroom signings .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 18:52

I still think that they are boardroom signings,still not sure what to make of Sandercock from what i've read he's very highly regarded in Australia. Maybe he will be the right man, but don't understand all the messing around if we were after him in the first place.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 3:09

tigerrobins wrote:I still think that they are boardroom signings,still not sure what to make of Sandercock from what i've read he's very highly regarded in Australia. Maybe he will be the right man, but don't understand all the messing around if we were after him in the first place.
From the outside looking in the whole situation does seem rather odd to me as well.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down