The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How important are story lines?

5 posters

Go down

How important are story lines? Empty How important are story lines?

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:55 pm

This probably sounds like a ridiculous question to the 'avid' wrestling fan but as a casual watcher of wrestling it would be interesting to hear your thoughts guys.

Unless I watch RAW and/or Smackdown on WWEO.net I seldom know what is going on and who is feuding with who but I more often than not enjoy PPV's simply because of the in-ring action. But to contradict myself a little (!) I do browse the wrestling threads on here so I am clued up to an extent but I don't think this makes any difference to the enjoyment factor.

So would you guys enjoy it as much if you only watched PPV's without being in tune with the story lines?

Cheers guys.

Back to top Go down

How important are story lines? Empty Re: How important are story lines?

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:58 am

Personally, I love a great story line, but at the same time, I can watch an indy match that blows my mind with no knowledge of what's gone on previously.

I think I could watch a PPV and enjoy it without storylines, but they'd have to be some pretty special matches.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

I'm somewhere in between I think.

Great storylines will keep me interested in the feud and the in-ring action. But I can sit down and watch matches where I've no idea of what is going on between the participants and simply enjoy them putting on a great show.

However, I think in wrestling at present, storylines are incredibly important, simply because they dedicate so much time to non-wrestling segments that if they aren't cutting it, then it will turn people away. Ratings are affected more by the quality of the story lines than they are by showing excellent technical matches, no question.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

great storylines are essential I think, but if the matches dont match the storylines, it kinda kills of the storyline.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

Story lines have a huge say for me, just look at Cena vs Punk at MiTB the crowd were electric and a large part of that was the build up going into it.

You still get great matches with hardly any build up like the Benjamin vs Michaels match on Raw and most recently Orton vs Ziggler but for your main ones you really need a story line to make a match better.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 1:52 pm

I agree with Stonee21 on this one. The smaller rivalries don't so much need a storyline, but the HUGE rivalries need a good storyline to keep everyone interested.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sun 25 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

Jammy31 wrote:I agree with Stonee21 on this one. The smaller rivalries don't so much need a storyline, but the HUGE rivalries need a good storyline to keep everyone interested.

your right up to a certain extent, but to be more successful, the WWE need to give the "other guys" story lines aswell to keep things moving along rather than being an endless cycle of random matches put together like kingston vs ziggler last year. Thats what seem to be happening now aswell with the 2 sin cara's and swagger and ziggler storylines.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down