The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer Takes Charge Of His Schedule

+5
socal1976
Josiah Maiestas
barrystar
bogbrush
hawkeye
9 posters

Go down

Federer Takes Charge Of His Schedule Empty Federer Takes Charge Of His Schedule

Post by hawkeye Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

Like other top players Federer is feeling the effects of a long season. He didn't feel the need to come over all militant or threaten to strike though. He doesn't feel fit enough to play in Shanghai... so he's not going to

“After consultation with my team, I’ve unfortunately decided to pull out of the Shanghai Rolex Masters in order to take some necessary time to rest and recuperate after a long summer,” said Federer.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/09/Features/Shanghai-Federer-Withdraws.aspx

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Federer Takes Charge Of His Schedule Empty Re: Federer Takes Charge Of His Schedule

Post by bogbrush Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:28 pm

So you don't need to squeal like a stuck pig to manage your season.

Others - take note.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Federer Takes Charge Of His Schedule Empty Re: Federer Takes Charge Of His Schedule

Post by barrystar Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

He's been taking decisions like that for years. He's just made a trip to Australia for the DC and cancelling a trip to China is hardly a huge surprise. As I understand it pro's have niggles all the time so I guess if it really counted he could play through it - all power to him for not doing so I say.

I guess he'll miss the striker's coven.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Smart choice to put his body first.

Unfortunately, the down side is that he will lose 600 points.

It's highly likely that Murray will now end the year as number 3. Not that there's any real difference between 3 and 4. Just would have been nice for Roger to end his 9th season in a row in the top 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 23 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

Of course when Fed goes to #4 socal will be stuck at the AO.

Is the conspiracy to place Federer and Djokovic in the same half, or is it just blind chance that the #4 got Djokovic for the first time in a while?

I just hope Fognini isn't in Djokovic's half or he'll be frothing at the mouth!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

Yeah, can you imagine the torrent of allegations Socal will come out with if Roger drops to 4 and still gets drawn to face Screech Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

If they avoid each other in the draw (bound to happen soon enough) resident socal will press his focus onto the more difficult QF draw, or the 4th round. He's very cunning our Mohammed Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

bogbrush wrote:Of course when Fed goes to #4 socal will be stuck at the AO.

Is the conspiracy to place Federer and Djokovic in the same half, or is it just blind chance that the #4 got Djokovic for the first time in a while?

I just hope Fognini isn't in Djokovic's half or he'll be frothing at the mouth!

BB, you have an unusual fixation with me, you've never met me in person so I know it can't be my movie star good looks. I am sure those odds will somehow manage to put Fed and Nadal on opposite sides of the draw as long as federer is viable, and will give Nadal the cakewalk of Andy murray. Novak again will have to prove his innate greatness by beating two goat candidates to win more slams while Nadal gets a virtual bye against Murray.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:32 am

I know that TMF will be heavily involved in talks with other players and with representing the consensus of player opinion, in his role of President of Players' Council, to the ATP, but does anyone think that besides resting some tired muscles, he has wanted to avoid some of the threatened militancy of Shanghai?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 24 Sep 2011, 1:11 pm

There is an ATP rule which allows exemptions from the 8 mandatory masters, if a player meets one (or more) of these conditions

i) 600 tour matches
ii) 12 years on Tour
iii) 31 years of age

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=258082.

Still looking for the official ATP rule link. Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:09 pm

I've been looking for the same rule laverfan. I found the one stating that a player who misses a masters for reason other than injury will have the points from their highest scoring masters event in the subsequent 12 months suspended. http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx#injury

Clearly not all players have the options that Federer has. Not saying he hasn't earned them but merely that others cannot do what he does and hope to maintain a decent ranking.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:31 pm

I presume Fed fits all 3 of those conditions, and bloody well done to the lad.

I see that Murray is now a squealing pig, to add to his other "distasteful" traits.

What else could possibly come from the pens of Murray's Misanthropists in the years to come ? chin

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

Fed is still thirty isn't he Jubbahey?

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:27 pm

carrieg4 wrote:Fed is still thirty isn't he Jubbahey?

He is 30 yrs. 1 month 16 days as of today. (DoB is 08/08/1981).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

Jubbahey wrote:What else could possibly come from the pens of Murray's Misanthropists in the years to come ? chin

I am afraid, a lot more bilge. Sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

laverfan wrote:
Jubbahey wrote:What else could possibly come from the pens of Murray's Misanthropists in the years to come ? chin

Murray is his own worst enemy. Why does he always make things so difficult for himself? Even if he doesn't know what effect some of his comments will have he employs people that do. If you go looking for trouble you will find it. Likewise if you care little what people think they will not always think what you like. If Murray wants an easy life he should learn to be a little more media savvy. If not your prediction is correct he can only expect a lot more "bilge".

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:08 pm

If Murray is quiet and shy (as in the Shanghai 2010 interview), he got stick for not smiling enough. Now he has tried to espouse the cause of players and he is getting stick.

All comments can be corrected in hindsight. Very Happy

Surprising that Rafa is being spared but Murray is not. Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

Actually I meant Nadal.

As I keep reminding the moaners, Murray is my 2nd favourite leading player. I'm not a hater. I do, though, think he let himself down big time over this.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

hawkeye wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Murray is his own worst enemy.
. His worst ennemies are actuall the 3 ranked higher than him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 25 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

Tenez wrote:
hawkeye wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Murray is his own worst enemy.
. His worst ennemies are actuall the 3 ranked higher than him.

Well them as well...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down