The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it now time to pull the trigger on....

5 posters

Go down

Is it now time to pull the trigger on....  Empty Is it now time to pull the trigger on....

Post by Brady12 Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm

A John Cena heel turn?

He's been the same stale character for 6 1/2 years now & are the demographic that grew up with him growing tired? Those who were 12 then are 18 now. Would a Cena heel turn create the same buzz that Hogan did in 1996?

Miz, Truth, Nash & maybe a returning Big Show (his history with & the nWo connection) could face off against Rock, Cena & two other mid card faces (maybe Bourne & Kingston).... Cena turns on Rock joining 'the conspiracy a la Hogan at Bash of the Beach....

How about it? Please don't use the merchandise excuse for not going through with it. A Hot succesful product will sell t-shirts, weren't them nWo shirts big sellers?

Can they position Punk in the role of lead babyface to take over?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Is it now time to pull the trigger on....  Empty Re: Is it now time to pull the trigger on....

Post by Samo Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Its too overdue for it to have the same impact as Hogan, which literally came out of no where.

Im afraid I think we're stuck with Super Cena for the forseeable future.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Is it now time to pull the trigger on....  Empty Re: Is it now time to pull the trigger on....

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 pm

I don't think Punks ready to be the main man just yet, I think he'd be better suited to it aftet cleanly going over Triple H at WrestleMania, that would then totally propel him to that level in the eyes of the fans, I don't think a Cena heel turn should happen until after WrestleMania 28

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Samo wrote:Its too overdue for it to have the same impact as Hogan, which literally came out of no where.

Im afraid I think we're stuck with Super Cena for the forseeable future.

Too overdue to have the same impact? Not sure what you mean? It'll never replicate the Hogan turn agreed but that was the 1st time the companys number 1 babyface turned it was so shocking as no one ever considered Hogan would become a villian.... I dare say it won't even have the same impact as Bret Hart's heel turn in 97 which was brilliantly paced. It's a case of WHEN rather than IF... I just hope it's been well planned ratherthan hotshotted for ratings

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Yes.
As you say, the way they've booked him, his super human comebacks and generally merchandise selling make a heel turn unlikly. If they ever were going to turn him heel, they should have done it 2/3 years ago. The worrying aspect of this is the Cena character is already stale, so what's it going to be like in another 2/3 years.
The person i would like to see most do a heel turn is Daniel Bryan, apparently he was brilliant as a heel in ROH, and could see it working well in WWE. Espically with the likes of Christian, Orton, Sheamus & Sin Cara in the babyface positions.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Brady12 wrote:

Too overdue to have the same impact? Not sure what you mean? It'll never replicate the Hogan turn agreed but that was the 1st time the companys number 1 babyface turned it was so shocking as no one ever considered Hogan would become a villian.... I dare say it won't even have the same impact as Bret Hart's heel turn in 97 which was brilliantly paced. It's a case of WHEN rather than IF... I just hope it's been well planned ratherthan hotshotted for ratings

We've been speculating about a heel turn for years now. When it happens I guarentee most of us will be in the "its about time" boat than the "HOLY Poopie!" boat.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 am

I think a Cena heel turn is still viable, but as the others have said, it should have been done years ago.

The longer it goes on makes a turn all the more unlikely.

The question we need to ask ourselves is where do you see the WWE in 5 years time? I think the vast majority would say that it would not be that different from WWE today.

It is a ongoing circle of cr*p. In order for a Cena heel turn to happen, you would need someone to come in and fill the void left as the companies number one face. But because Super Cena lays waste to anyone that comes near him, there is no respectable choice as a number 2 face to step up after a Cena turn.

And because of this I don't think a heel Cena would be much different from a face Cena. He is still going to be the companies number one man, still making those comebacks, and will probably be on his 20th reign as WWE campion come 5 years time.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down