The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain dies aged 80

5 posters

Go down

Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain dies aged 80  Empty Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain dies aged 80

Post by Kingshu Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/9325947.stm

just in case you didn't know.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain dies aged 80  Empty Re: Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain dies aged 80

Post by Solerina Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

No, I didn't know, thanks for posting, Kingshu.

Image - Ginger McCain with his beloved Rummy.
Spoiler:

RIP Ginger

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain dies aged 80  Empty Re: Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain dies aged 80

Post by Kingshu Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

There will have to be a film made obout Ginger and Red Rum after all we had Sea Biscuit.

but what about a horse that is passed from stable to stable, gets bought by a 2nd hand car salesman, trianed by swimming to help a foot problem and wins the grand national 3 times.

Gotta be a story in that!

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

Sad news.
I saw Red Rum run as a 2-y-o, Lester Piggott up if I remember correctly, at the same Aintree Meeting that Red Alligator won his National at.
(Difficult to believe McCain was only 80 in that case.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 20 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

A larger than life character,who lived and breathed racing.Some found him very curt and to the point but thats what i like,straightalking,no rubbish.Unforgetable interview with Sue Barker after Amberleigh House had won the fourth National for him.
"Well Ginger a fourth National,no doubt there'll be a real party in the Mccain household tonight?"

"No,i think i'll just go home with the wife,have a quiet drink and go to bed cos im f****d!!!!!" Laugh

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 20 Sep 2011, 9:45 pm

racingnut wrote:A larger than life character,who lived and breathed racing.Some found him very curt and to the point but thats what i like,straightalking,no rubbish.Unforgetable interview with Sue Barker after Amberleigh House had won the fourth National for him.
"Well Ginger a fourth National,no doubt there'll be a real party in the Mccain household tonight?"

"No,i think i'll just go home with the wife,have a quiet drink and go to bed cos im f****d!!!!!" Laugh

LOL!!!

It's nice that he lived to see his son train a National winner.

Like Kingshu says, it's time they made a film about Red Rum.

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

Kingshu wrote:There will have to be a film made obout Ginger and Red Rum after all we had Sea Biscuit.

but what about a horse that is passed from stable to stable, gets bought by a 2nd hand car salesman, trianed by swimming to help a foot problem and wins the grand national 3 times.

Gotta be a story in that!

An HBO series! They can call it "Crazy Ol' B*****d."

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down