The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rife putters

4 posters

Go down

Rife putters Empty Rife putters

Post by SmithersJones Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

I'm hoping someone can tell me my latest rash purchase wasn't all that rash. Having had 36 putts in my latest round, and not having putted well for a while, I happened to get an email from Direct Golf advertising 20% off putters and wedges. I took a look out of idle curiosity and some frustration at my recent poor performance on the greens, and saw that I could get a Rife Aruba for £70 if I used my RewardsForGolf points. I read a quick review, and I remembered seeing Poulter use this putter to good effect, and so decided to go for it.

I've always been a believer that when it comes to putting it's nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the stroke, so I've used the same Ping Pal for pretty much my entire golfing life. However, after 26 years I think it could do with a rest and one thing I've always felt needed improving was the roll I get on putts, which the Rife putters promise with their milled face. Does anyone have any experience of them and have I wasted £70 or got myself a bargain?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Rife putters Empty Re: Rife putters

Post by drive4show Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

SJ

Never used one myself but I do play fairly regualrly with two guys that use them, both to very good effect!

Sounds like money well spent to me thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

When not putting well it is very tempting to change putters, I have had my putter now for over 10 years, but as they say "A change is as good as a rest" so hope you new tool inspires that little bit more confidence in your putting stroke, good luck

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:03 pm

Smithers, always good for your putter to have a rival.
The most important thing about putting is the attitude you take into it. If you believe you are going to hole every putt it's a lot better than fretting about missing it or even getting it up to the hole.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down