The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro v Fifa

+7
Y2James
TipToes88
sodhat
GG
TwisT
Dass
compelling and rich
11 posters

Go down

fifa or pro

Pro v Fifa Vote_lcap59%Pro v Fifa Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 16 ]
Pro v Fifa Vote_lcap26%Pro v Fifa Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 7 ]
Pro v Fifa Vote_lcap11%Pro v Fifa Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Pro v Fifa Vote_lcap4%Pro v Fifa Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 27

Pro v Fifa Empty Pro v Fifa

Post by compelling and rich Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:07 am

had a quick look through and suprised this topic hasnt come up there yet, the biggest rivarly there is pro v fifa!

so which side do you back? me personally have always been a pro man so much more depth to the game than fifa who for too long have hid behind the licences. granted the new fifa games are alot better than the older ones and they have bridged the gap but as someone who doesnt play online that much feel there is too much emphasis put on that side these days. take fifa 2011 for example the career mode was rubbish worse than fifa 10 because they had put there time and effort elsewhere.

the other main problem for me in all fifa's is the goals, no matter what fifa it is theres one way of scoring and once you find it its far to easy to score like that and you always end up scoring the same type of goals be it fifa 10 with the lobs or fifa 11 with finese shot which is guanteed to go top corner every time, ive played pro games for years and there are still goals that go in that ive never scored before and thats the biggest difference for me. of course pro has its faults too some of the AI is behond stupid and is too frustrating to play become a legend although both suffer from this but fifas is better.

so anyone agree/disagree? anything else that you think one trumps the other on?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Pro v Fifa Empty Re: Pro v Fifa

Post by Dass Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

I'm a PES man myself for some of the points you mentioned but mainly as I feel when it comes down to the game play it's a better experience.

I'm with you on FIFA getting heavy emphasis on scoring getting put on graphics, licensing and online play to much. Granted these are aspects of most games and need to be taken into account but they ain't as important as they are made out be. Then again this isn't just a problem with FIFA its a general problem within the gaming market of reviews being heavily biased just look at Uncharted in regards to graphics.

Both games have moronic AI and some of the worst difficulty sliders, in that regard they are still seem to be using a technique common by SWOS. Of the two FIFA is the worse, at top difficulty it suddenly seems everyone becomes a expert free kick taker no matter the team. I'd rather they concentrated more on the game mechanics where it matters instead of releasing each new game with a new gimmicky mechanic that's supposed revolutionary.

The other area aside from game play PES excels in is the Master League, its just so much more fun to play than what FIFA has plus you have the default team. No one will ever replace Dodo as a midfield god or Macco's multi coloured boots running up the wing. Both have some awful menu systems that seemed to have been designed by people who hate gaming though.

I voted for the SWOS option mainly as its still the bets football game I've played but I'm a PES man these days. End up buying FIFA as well but yet to find a year where its the game I keep playing.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Got to be sensible soccer. Old school!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:26 pm

All the football games are the same as the last version etc. I find them quite boring tbh. Assassins creed any day OK

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:46 pm

GG wrote:All the football games are the same as the last version etc. I find them quite boring tbh. Assassins creed any day OK

I'd agree that the sports genre in general doesn't come forward in the ways it should each year, rather its a lot of smoke and mirrors so publishers can make massive money with little creative thought. I'm just not sure Assassins Creed is the best game to show them up as unimaginative and boring, its a simple mission based button masher trying to wrap itself up as a complex experience to cover its short comings.

Its a sad sad day when a supposed game that should be built around the concept of stealth is still being outdone (massively in my eyes) in nearly every department by a game released back in the late 90's.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

I'm still undecided which will be the one I stick with this year, but I assume I will buy both...as every year!

I though Pro Evo over the years has been superior, but recently the gap has closed, and I'm thinking they are almost even overall, despite offering different gaming experiences.

Fifa always feels like style over substance, and until they improve their dribbling, they will probably never quite pull me away from saying Pro Evo.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

like many the game mechanics for pro evo 5/6 where the best for me, a good mixture of being able to run with the ball and beat people and still defend against it well enough. both fifa and pro's current solution is to make dribbling harder and defending much easier (although theres no point in the slide tackle button in fifa 11). im all for realisim but whats so realistic about not being able to take people on with messi?

dass- im with you on the master league, much more of a challenge starting with orginal squad. miranda the master playmaker who cant run or burchet who can run but nothing else. my favourite were always castillo and ivanov (who needs a decent keeper!)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

Castillo has lost some of his spark in recent years I've thought with the other strikers coming more to the fore. Used to call him old Iron Legs, best striker you had and good at headers but had all the pace of a slow moving tank.

Always play a 2 player Master League with my brother each year and start with the default team on the top difficulty setting. We can only play around 8 games at a time though before we start bickering about poor passing, missed through balls and the others diabolical defending cause he was watching tv at the same time as playing. Great fun.

At least in recent times FIFA has got a bit faster paced at one point it was so slow you could make cups of tea between passes.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

Pro Evo all the way. Gameplay is better, running down to the opponents touch line and sending a grounded cross into the box is all you need to do in fifa for a cheap goal. PES plays better, and represents each player better aswell. Worst thing about fifa is the loading times in career mode, its shocking

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:17 am

I always used to be Pro Evo, even from the very early ones on the PS2 (when they couldnt get a star footballer to endorse it so went with Colina) until about 2 years ago, when Fifa caught up and in my opinion overtook. I bought Pro evo 2 years ago and it hadnt significantly changed for around 3 years, since the dawn of xbox 360.
Since playing Fifa 10 I have been addicted and convinced this is now the superior product. Although may buy both this year just to be sure Wink )

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:22 pm

anyone tried fifa 12 yet? any major changes?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Thu 22 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

Played the demo of Fifa today. Its ok, pitch seems a bit bigger and slower, but that might be just me. A lot harder to tackle now, no longer just holding down X and O. everything else seems the same, but as I say its only the demo.

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 2:08 am

Dass wrote:Castillo has lost some of his spark in recent years I've thought with the other strikers coming more to the fore. Used to call him old Iron Legs, best striker you had and good at headers but had all the pace of a slow moving tank.

Always play a 2 player Master League with my brother each year and start with the default team on the top difficulty setting. We can only play around 8 games at a time though before we start bickering about poor passing, missed through balls and the others diabolical defending cause he was watching tv at the same time as playing. Great fun.

At least in recent times FIFA has got a bit faster paced at one point it was so slow you could make cups of tea between passes.

!
MGS I'm with you there Dass!! Just downloaded the original one to my PS3

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:11 am

lots of votes for fifa, yet not many mentioned who have put exactly why they think its better

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

Pro evo 5 and 6 was the best p4p footballing games,when it switched to next gen consoles it has gone totally downhill. I've played fifa since and even that is only marginally better.

Wish pro 5 or 6 was on the next gens consoles.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 26 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

I was going to get a PS2 with Fifa 12 this week £179

Good deal?

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:10 pm

JPX wrote:I was going to get a PS2 with Fifa 12 this week £179

Good deal?

PS2 or PS3?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

JPX wrote:I was going to get a PS2 with Fifa 12 this week £179

Good deal?

Not really, if its definitely a PS2 your talking about... if it was a PS3 then it would be a good deal.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

Woops sorry, yes PS3 it was. Not very up on this gaming lark.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:22 pm

speaking about deals, play has a good deal on today for a xbox 360 S 250gb with fifa 12 and gears of war 3 for £199.99

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

That's a pretty good deal then JPX -- PS3 is also a blu-ray player and you get free online access (although Sony may lose your password...!) so for £179 plus Fifa 12, I would definitely consider it.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

Cheers sodhat, might take the plunge on that.

I play on a mates fifa game occasionally and also a good action game, Un charted or summat. Quite frustrating I only get short goes so thought I would get one myself.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

Its a good deal, I'd struggle to get a better one unless I really shopped around on the PS3 front even then it wouldn't be a hell of a lot cheaper.

The Xbox is a very good deal also especially if they are chucking in both games for that price.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:22 pm

compelling and rich wrote:speaking about deals, play has a good deal on today for a xbox 360 S 250gb with fifa 12 and gears of war 3 for
£199.99

That's a hell of a good deal, is the Xbox pre-owned?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

Liam_Main wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:speaking about deals, play has a good deal on today for a xbox 360 S 250gb with fifa 12 and gears of war 3 for
£199.99

That's a hell of a good deal, is the Xbox pre-owned?

dont think so mate think its the newer xbox brand new, its only on for the day though. play always do deals on mondays that end at midnight. heres the link

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/24170153/Xbox-360-S-Console-Bundle-With-250GB-HDD-FIFA-12-Gears-Of-War-3-Matte-Black/Product.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212%7b642133%7d%2bc%7b362%7d%2b&urlrefer=search

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

I'd snap that up pronto if you are in the market.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

Dass wrote:I'd snap that up pronto if you are in the market.

ive already got a xbox 360, but considering it just to get the newer version!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down