The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler

+11
davidl1061
Cymru1991
c3nabasher
Lex-Express
minova88
ADMIN
Madrox
Enforcer
theanimal316
ncfc_Tooze
Big Daddy Bee
15 posters

Go down

Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler Empty Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler

Post by Big Daddy Bee Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:36 am

Well, like the title says, have you? If so what were they like?

I was lucky enough to meet Chris Jericho and what a nice chap he was too.

My other half is a huge Jericho and Fozzy fan and when they toured here a few months ago we went to see Fozzy at the Agincourt near Guilford. Now my Mrs is a short bum and always insists on getting to gigs really early so she can get right up to the front and see the action.

So we arrived 6 hours early and were the only people in the queue. After a few hours in the freezing cold the owners of the venue took pity on us and let us in to use the toilet, get a drink and peruse the merch stall. We made friends with them and got chatting and then Fozzy came in for thier soundcheck. We sat around trying to keep out of the way and members of the band kept coming up to ask who we were and then Chris came and sat with us. He thought we were in the support band but when we told him we were there to watch them and how early we got there he was well chuffed and we chatted about all sorts of rubbish. He gave my other half some of his Canadian Walkers crisps which were rank. Bolognaise flavour or something and then he put on some crap cockney accent and tried flogging us some of thier merch. I baught a fozzy hoody so I guess he was an alright salesman.

So the moral of my story is IF CHRIS JERICHO OFFERS YOU A CRISP, JUST SAY NO.

I realise I have waffled a bit here and if you read all of this then your a better person than me.

So does anyone else have any stories of meeting the stars?

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler Empty Re: Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:42 am

Ive met a few mostly before there wwe/tna runs
I have met:
Brutus Magnus/Oblivion/Nick Aldis- WAW events 2005-2008
Doug Williams- WAW- 2002-2010
Colt Cabana- WAW- Summer 2004
Bryan Danielson- All star/ WAW- summer 2003 and 2004
2 cold scorpio- WAW- 2003

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler Empty Re: Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler

Post by theanimal316 Fri 28 Jan 2011, 3:23 pm

I met Bret Hart at a book signing, top bloke.
Also met Masters, Chavo and Hornswoggle in a night club. Masters is not such a top bloke.
Like the poster above, met Y2J after a thoroughly enjoyable Fozzy concert.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 28 Jan 2011, 5:08 pm

I also met Jericho outside the venue after a Fozzy gig. Froze my ass off with the missus waiting but he was really chatty and happy to have photo's and sign autographs with the fans.

Two drunk tramps turned up and starting asking him for 50p, so he opened the carpark gates and let everyone in while they left.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrox Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:36 pm

I have met Jericho twice. By the looks of it he seems the most approachable wrestler.

First met Jericho at his book signing which was really cool, got my picture taken with him and all that jazz and then met him in a bar after a Fozzy gig in Glasgow (I did go to the gig) and got to speak to him a bit about wrestling, hockey and rock music. Twas AWESOME!!

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:42 pm

I've also met Bret Hart at a book signing in Waterstones in the Trafford Centre.
It was on my birthday and I abandoned my wife and two young children for the afternoon to meet him.
Did get a 'happy birthday' off him though!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by minova88 Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:09 am

my grandad got me tickets to see yokozuna at a local wrestling event on 24th october 2000 my bday!

bloody Bar Steward died day before of a heart attack due to a spider

minova88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:33 pm

Amazing but true...

I sat down and had a beer with Bret Hart

Heard he was doing a signing at Sports Cafe, Haymarket, turned up just before it finished. I was the last one in I met him we had a brief chat, I said to him u done now?...U wanna Beer? he accepted I got 2x becks from the bar and sat with him a drunk a beer, talked about yokozuna wm9, going to wcw, goldberg not being a good worker, then he said thanks got up and went

It was one of the greatest moments of my life so far, he was a pretty cool guy, looked like he was a bit bored at the signing tho...

Same day I bumped into phil jupitas outside charing x, and lennox lewis up by oxford circus..what are the odds

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by c3nabasher Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:04 pm

Ive met the king of hardcore..................Sir Mick Foley. top bloke aprt frm fact tht at his book signing he had his smelly red top that he wears these days at tna........come on mick make bit of an effort Smile

c3nabasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:56 pm

c3nabasher wrote:Ive met the king of hardcore..................Sir Mick Foley. top bloke aprt frm fact tht at his book signing he had his smelly red top that he wears these days at tna........come on mick make bit of an effort Smile

You lucky so and so! I've always wanted to meet him!!

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:12 pm

I saw Brock Lesnar outside Sankeys nightclub in manchester, it was a good few years ago and he was with Jamie Noble. They had just left the club as we were arriving at 1. One of the funniest things I have ever seen was him flagging down a taxi, somebody got in not from his group and he picked up the front of the car until they got out!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Spanky Fri 04 Feb 2011, 8:04 pm

Time for my list:

I used to be on good terms with DH Smith after meeting him at an indy show and telling a story of when his Dad was on the UK scene first time round he got my Mum to buy him a beer as he was too young to buy it himself.

Met Mick Foley at a book signing for Tietam Brown

Went to a pre-show TNA meet n greet last year and met Earl Hebner, Jeremy Borash, The Pope, Hernandez, Doug Williams, Brutus Magnus, Rob Terry, Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky.
Spanky
Spanky

Back to top Go down

Have you ever met a WWE/TNA wrestler Empty Same as everyone else

Post by Sara Thu 10 Feb 2011, 4:29 pm

I have met Chris Jericho at a book signing, I have been up close and personal with him at many Fozzy gigs but I have yet to meet him in a non structured way. I have also met Mick Foley at a book signing - both are very nice people Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 10 Feb 2011, 6:17 pm

Sara wrote:I have been up close and personal with him at many Fozzy gigs

Sounds interesting, tell us more :lol:

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BCFCCOOPS Thu 10 Feb 2011, 10:05 pm

I pedigreed the great khali in primark...

BCFCCOOPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 11 Feb 2011, 10:31 am

Enforcer wrote:
Sara wrote:I have been up close and personal with him at many Fozzy gigs

Sounds interesting, tell us more :lol:

Well not as close as I would like.....there have been plenty of high 5's, once I had to help to hold him up when the dived off the stage (heavy!). Its just cool being able to interact with him in that environment especially when he is inches away

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 11 Feb 2011, 11:52 am

I once walked past two midget wrestlers in the street. They were called Puppet and Teo and I think they have been in TNA.

Not quite the same as sharing a beer with Bret Hart...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down