The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaemus and Barrett

+6
TopoftheChops
Kay Fabe
Nay
Adam D
Ché Guerrero
John Cena's Speech writer
10 posters

Go down

Shaemus and Barrett Empty Shaemus and Barrett

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:44 am

Just watching last week's RAW, and I recon that Barrett and Shaemus could have a hell of a feud - but do you think they might bring the Troubles into it, especially given that the US has a lot of sympathy for the Irish position during the 70's and 80's?

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Shaemus and Barrett Empty Re: Shaemus and Barrett

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:29 am

Why is it the English/British wrestlers in WWE are always forced to draw heat using outdated imperialistic stereotypes? First Regal and now Barrett (anyone remember him referring to himself as Ceasar?). Says a lot about the American mindset. Honestly they don't need to mention the Troubles; no offence to the intelligence of the crowds but Irish man and English man don't get along is enough for this feud to gather interest. Mentioning the Ireland situation is unnecessary.

Last edited by Ché Guerrero on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:41 am

You got the wrong end of the stick - he wasnt referring to stereotypes at all for the core of the conflict.

Wade is peeved with Sheamus as he botched the tarmacing of his drivw.

No stereotypes here...move along.

Last edited by Adam D (Hobo) on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 am

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:You got the wrong end of the stick - he wasnt referring to stereotypes at all for the core of the conflict.

Wade is peeved with Sheamus as he botched the tarmacing of his drivw.

No stereotypes here...move along.

The stakes in that feud are so high it might just eclipse the Cena-Punk feud as best of the year

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:22 am

Could lead to a Survivor Series Match of

Barrett, Jimmy Nail, Jonathon Ross, Paul Ross, Louis from pineapple dance studios

Sheamus, Bono, Jedward, Louie Walsh

It will get down to Barrett last one left against Sheamus and Jedward when Gazza runs down shouting leave him i have a can of lager, some chicken, a mobile phone and something to keep warm".

This leads to Jedward, claiming they are hungry, climbing out of the ring to be ambushed by Danny baker and Chris Evans.

Wade Barrett hits wasteland claiming the victory while sheamus is distracted. this leads to a 30 year fued of epic proportions, Culminating in a scintillating tag team match, including Hogan and Ric flair

How i would book it anyway

Probably have Kerry Katona and Jim from the corrs as managers

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:06 am

I've read that the WWE are thinking about reforming Nexus with Wade as the leader again and doing it at the Royal Rumble, I think it could br a very interesting idea if at the end of the match and its down to Barrett/Punk and the seven other original Nexus jump the barrier and cost Punk the match, possibly at the request of Triple H, this could set up Orton/Barrett for the WHC at WrestleMania?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:34 am

Isn't Sheamus booked to be fueding with Christian now?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:41 pm

The rumble isn't untill like the end of January so there is plenty of time!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Mentioning the Troubles would be far too high-brow for the WWE. Then you factor in that most Americans wouldn't have a clue what they're on about it and I can't see it happening.

So in order for a feud between these two to really get over with the American audience, Sheamus needs a leprechaun and Wade Barrett needs to start wearing suits (and dare I say it - a bowler hat?)and drinking tea.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:37 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Mentioning the Troubles would be far too high-brow for the WWE. Then you factor in that most Americans wouldn't have a clue what they're on about it and I can't see it happening.

So in order for a feud between these two to really get over with the American audience, Sheamus needs a leprechaun and Wade Barrett needs to start wearing suits (and dare I say it - a bowler hat?)and drinking tea.

Not only may you dare to say it but you may also dream it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Mentioning the Troubles would be far too high-brow for the WWE. Then you factor in that most Americans wouldn't have a clue what they're on about it and I can't see it happening.

Not only may you dare to say it but you may also dream it.

I'm dreaming about it right now. Something's missing though. Can't quite put my finger on it. What would make a bowler hat gimmick that extra bit special?

Hmmm......

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicester's Lucas Levia Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 am

the-gaffer wrote:I've read that the WWE are thinking about reforming Nexus with Wade as the leader again and doing it at the Royal Rumble, I think it could br a very interesting idea if at the end of the match and its down to Barrett/Punk and the seven other original Nexus jump the barrier and cost Punk the match, possibly at the request of Triple H, this could set up Orton/Barrett for the WHC at WrestleMania?

Where did you read this gaffer? sounds interesting

Leicester's Lucas Levia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:21 am

Read about it on another forum, some dirts have reported it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:10 am

I can't post links from this damn phone, type in Nexus Revival Rumoured into google, go tothe top link, and then there's a link that takes you directly to the story on PWI

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:05 am

This seems as good a place as any to post this and I wanted to mention it, I am loving face Sheamus at the moment. I think its the first time he has been face in the WWE and he seems to be genuinely enjoying it. He's just doing many of the things he did as a heel in the ring but with a little more crowd interaction and a big smile on his face. I am loving the fact he is just in there kicking ass and loving it and I find it quite infectious to be honest.

There's no real point to this I was just watching raw and last weeks smackdown and this has stuck with me

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down