The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Both teams submitted

5 posters

Go down

Week 2 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Both teams submitted Empty Week 2 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Both teams submitted

Post by Gregers Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:41 am

Welcome to the DY Patil Stadium, home of the Pune Warriors

Form

Pune Warriors - L

Kochi Tuskers - D

Pitch Conditions: A greenish pitch which makes getting in for the batsmen difficult, once in batting becomes easier as the batsman becomes used to the speed of the pitch. Lots of spin, especially in the second innings, and medium pacers who are able to bowl cutters will be very dangerous

-----

Please post tactics below:

Pune Tactics:

Paul Valthaty
Craig Kieswetter (wk)
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Akinhja Rahane
JP Duminy
Angelo Mathews
Abdul Razzaq
Graeme Swann
Praveen Kumar
Jaydev Unadkat

Toss: Bat first

If
Pune win the toss, we will bat first to try and get runs on the board
and play into the hands of my spinners and canny medium pacers who can
put the pressure on as the pitch begines to spin more second innings.
Valthaty will look to get us off to an explosive start as Kieswetter
takes a more measured approach and gets himself in for a few overs
before teeing off. If a wicket falls early Virat Kohli can come in and
steady the ship, and he can also go through the gears and score quickly.
I bat very deep, with Swann at 9 and Kumar at 10, and everyone can biff
the ball at the park and with some quality Indian/SL players they will
play the spinning ball very well and hit it out of the ground,
especially if they get in. I am targetting 180 for this game.

I
have a lot of variation in my bowling attack aswell, with 4 seamers +
Kohli if needed, and 3 spin bowlers. They also suit the conditions
perfectly. I will open with Praveen and Unadkat and they will set the
tone immediately with 2 overs each. Then I can introduce Razzaq,
Mathews, Swann and Yuvraj in the middle overs who will clamp the scoring
rate with good spin bowling or cutters. Depending on what is more
effective, spin or seam/cutters, JP can bowl some overs instead of my
seamers. Then at the death Praveen, Unadkat, Razzaq and Mathews can
copme back and be extremely hard to hit.

Kumar - 1, 3, 18, 20
Unadkat - 2, 4
Mathews - 5, 7, 9
Razzaq - 6, 8
Swann - 10, 12, 14, 16
Yuvraj - 11, 13, 15

Overs
17 and 19 could be bowled by Mathews and Razzaq or Yuvraj and JP,
depending on what is more effective - spin or cutters. I just have lots
of depth and variety in my bowing which I think will be the key for Pune
winning this game.

Kochi Tuskers:

Mahela Jayawardene
Phillip Hughes
Graeme Smith
Daniel Vettori
V.V.S Laxman
Ravi Teja
Kamran Khan
Parthiv Patel
Ramesh Powar
Piyush Chalwa
Muttiah Muralitharan

Toss:
We have picked a bowling attack that will be more suited to the second
innings so if we win the toss we will bat first. We will look to get a
big total which pressurises Pune into chasing us, forcing them into
mistakes.

Batting: A big advantage will be the fact that we have
some of the best decision makers in Cricket on our team. Jayawardene,
Smith and Vettori are international captains and we feel they should
dictate how attacking we are at any one point. Jayawardene will look to
settle in picking shots early while Hughes will play his usual attacking
game. From then on our batsmen are quite versatile and will mix up
being attacking and steady. We really feel we can bat the whole way down
the order, only Murali has a twenty20 average of under 10.

Bowling:
The ball will spin in the second innings which is what we are counting
on. Only Kamran Khan bowls quick but he is supremely quick. He will open
+ close the attack. Our 3 main spinners Chalwa, Murali and Vettori will
all complete 4 overs while Powar and Teja will also chip in.

Kamran Khan 1,3,18,20
Piyush Chalwa 2,4,13,15
Ravi Teja 5,7
Ramesh Powar 6,8
Muttiah Muralitharan 10,12,14,16
Daniel Vettori 9,11,17,19

Last edited by Gregers on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Both teams submitted Empty Re: Week 2 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Both teams submitted

Post by JDizzle Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:57 am

Medium pacers who can bowl cutters? Hello! Abdul Razzaq, Mathews, Kumar and Unadkat!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Both teams submitted Empty Re: Week 2 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Both teams submitted

Post by JDizzle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

Pune Tactics:

Paul Valthaty
Craig Kieswetter (wk)
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Akinhja Rahane
JP Duminy
Angelo Mathews
Abdul Razzaq
Graeme Swann
Praveen Kumar
Jaydev Unadkat

If Pune win the toss, we will bat first to try and get runs on the board and play into the hands of my spinners and canny medium pacers who can put the pressure on as the pitch begines to spin more second innings. Valthaty will look to get us off to an explosive start as Kieswetter takes a more measured approach and gets himself in for a few overs before teeing off. If a wicket falls early Virat Kohli can come in and steady the ship, and he can also go through the gears and score quickly. I bat very deep, with Swann at 9 and Kumar at 10, and everyone can biff the ball at the park and with some quality Indian/SL players they will play the spinning ball very well and hit it out of the ground, especially if they get in. I am targetting 180 for this game.

I have a lot of variation in my bowling attack aswell, with 4 seamers + Kohli if needed, and 3 spin bowlers. They also suit the conditions perfectly. I will open with Praveen and Unadkat and they will set the tone immediately with 2 overs each. Then I can introduce Razzaq, Mathews, Swann and Yuvraj in the middle overs who will clamp the scoring rate with good spin bowling or cutters. Depending on what is more effective, spin or seam/cutters, JP can bowl some overs instead of my seamers. Then at the death Praveen, Unadkat, Razzaq and Mathews can copme back and be extremely hard to hit.

Kumar - 1, 3, 18, 20
Unadkat - 2, 4
Mathews - 5, 7, 9
Razzaq - 6, 8
Swann - 10, 12, 14, 16
Yuvraj - 11, 13, 15

Overs 17 and 19 could be bowled by Mathews and Razzaq or Yuvraj and JP, depending on what is more effective - spin or cutters. I just have lots of depth and variety in my bowing which I think will be the key for Pune winning this game.

Last edited by JDizzle on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Having two Paul Valthaty's.)

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

JDizzle wrote:Pune Tactics:

Paul Valthaty
Craig Kieswetter (wk)
Paul Valthaty
Yuvraj Singh
Akinhja Rahane
JP Duminy
Angelo Mathews
Abdul Razzaq
Graeme Swann
Praveen Kumar
Jaydev Unadkat

If Pune win the toss, we will bat first to try and get runs on the board and play into the hands of my spinners and canny medium pacers who can put the pressure on as the pitch begines to spin more second innings. Valthaty will look to get us off to an explosive start as Kieswetter takes a more measured approach and gets himself in for a few overs before teeing off. If a wicket falls early Virat Kohli can come in and steady the ship, and he can also go through the gears and score quickly. I bat very deep, with Swann at 9 and Kumar at 10, and everyone can biff the ball at the park and with some quality Indian/SL players they will play the spinning ball very well and hit it out of the ground, especially if they get in. I am targetting 180 for this game.

I have a lot of variation in my bowling attack aswell, with 4 seamers + Kohli if needed, and 3 spin bowlers. They also suit the conditions perfectly. I will open with Praveen and Unadkat and they will set the tone immediately with 2 overs each. Then I can introduce Razzaq, Mathews, Swann and Yuvraj in the middle overs who will clamp the scoring rate with good spin bowling or cutters. Depending on what is more effective, spin or seam/cutters, JP can bowl some overs instead of my seamers. Then at the death Praveen, Unadkat, Razzaq and Mathews can copme back and be extremely hard to hit.

Kumar - 1, 3, 18, 20
Unadkat - 2, 4
Mathews - 5, 7, 9
Razzaq - 6, 8
Swann - 10, 12, 14, 16
Yuvraj - 11, 13, 15

Overs 17 and 19 could be bowled by Mathews and Razzaq or Yuvraj and JP, depending on what is more effective - spin or cutters. I just have lots of depth and variety in my bowing which I think will be the key for Pune winning this game.

You cant have two Paul Valthatys in your team Wink

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

Haha, cheers for pointing that out! Will edit it now!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:37 pm

personallly think on a greenish pitch it would be better to open with rahane

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

It becomes easier once you get in, and if Valthaty and Craig get in they can take it away from Kochi. Even if I lose an early wicket Kohli can come in and steady the ship. I wanted Rahane at 5 because he can turn the singles over in the middle overs if I have a collapse and rebuild the innings.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:01 pm

Mahela Jayawardene
Phillip Hughes
Graeme Smith
Daniel Vettori
V.V.S Laxman
Ravi Teja
Kamran Khan
Parthiv Patel
Ramesh Powar
Piyush Chalwa
Muttiah Muralitharan

Toss: We have picked a bowling attack that will be more suited to the second innings so if we win the toss we will bat first. We will look to get a big total which pressurises Pune into chasing us, forcing them into mistakes.

Batting: A big advantage will be the fact that we have some of the best decision makers in Cricket on our team. Jayawardene, Smith and Vettori are international captains and we feel they should dictate how attacking we are at any one point. Jayawardene will look to settle in picking shots early while Hughes will play his usual attacking game. From then on our batsmen are quite versatile and will mix up being attacking and steady. We really feel we can bat the whole way down the order, only Murali has a twenty20 average of under 10.

Bowling: The ball will spin in the second innings which is what we are counting on. Only Kamran Khan bowls quick but he is supremely quick. He will open + close the attack. Our 3 main spinners Chalwa, Murali and Vettori will all complete 4 overs while Powar and Teja will also chip in.

Kamran Khan 1,3,18,20
Piyush Chalwa 2,4,13,15
Ravi Teja 5,7
Ramesh Powar 6,8
Muttiah Muralitharan 10,12,14,16
Daniel Vettori 9,11,17,19

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

vettori batting 4?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:49 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:vettori batting 4?

🤦

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:53 pm

what now

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:59 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:what now
I was agreeing with you.I was facepalming Vettori batting at 4 not your comment Very Happy

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

both sides have very good bowling attacks

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:23 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:both sides have very good bowling attacks

thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

George Orwell - "All men are born equal, but some men are more equal than others."

JDizzle - "All bowling attacks are equal, but Pune's bowling attack is more equal than others."

Remember these wise words when voting! Haha. king Whistle

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

jdizzle have u seen the side i have put out for my game?

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

Glancing look, haven't had a chance to go through it properly yet.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

i couldnt fit bollinger in there, i wanted to but i couldnt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

Patel 8 and Khan 7?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Patel 8 and Khan 7?
laughing

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down