The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 - Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings BOTH TEAMS SUBMITTED

+2
Fists of Fury
Gregers
6 posters

Go down

Week 2 - Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings BOTH TEAMS SUBMITTED Empty Week 2 - Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings BOTH TEAMS SUBMITTED

Post by Gregers Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:36 am

Welcome to the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, home of the Rajasthan Royals

Form

Rajasthan Royals - D

Chennai Super Kings - W

Pitch Conditions: Slow and a batting paradise, however will have slow spin throughout with the slow bowlers becoming more and more effective as the game goes on

-----

Please post tactics below:

-----

Chennai Super Kings

Toss: Bat first

1. Vijay
2. Badrinath
3. Mike Hussey
4. Suresh Raina
5. Srikkanth
6. Dhoni (c)(wk)
7. Afridi
8. Southee
9. Ashwin
10. Ajmal
11. Mendis

As you can see, I have gone with one seamer for this matchup in Tim Southee, with Mike Hussey providing an alternative (following his recent heroics in the Aus vs Sri Lanka Test!) if Southee has any success with his variations on this pitch. However, given the turning nature of the track I have gone with a full spin attack of Mendis, Ajmal, Ashwin, and Afridi, all completely different types of spinner who are bound to cause endless problems. Ajmal is going to open the bowling alongside Southee, as he has done for Pakistan and Worcester on numerous occasions in this format, as he has had a lot of success in doing so and may make it more difficult for the opening batsmen to get off to a flier with his guile and changes of pace.

The middle overs will be completely spin dominated, with the possibility of a Hussey/Raina over in order to change things up if a wicket is needed. Mendis Ashwin and Afridi will rotate before Ajmal and Southee are brought back for the final overs.

In terms of batting, I have packed the top 7 with very accomplished players of spin, just in case we are asked to bat last when more turn is present, but also with big hitters in the form of Hussey, Raina, Afridi and Dhoni to make the most of this good batting track. Lower order slogging is provided by Southee and Ashwin, each of which know how to hold a bat.

-----

Rajasthan Royals

1 Watson
2 Dravid
3 Sangakkara (w)
4 Uthappa
5 Suman
6 Ross Taylor
7 Menaria
8 Chavan
9 Warne (c)
10 Nehra
11 Junaid Khan

Toss - bat

Selection - Sangakkara preferred over Ponting due to spinning nature of pitch. Chavan over Chahar for the same reason.

Batting - Good players of spin throughout the line up due to Chennai's spin reliant bowling options. Taylor to operate as the designated 'finisher'. Dravid will look to anchor the innings while others attack. He will look to rotate the strike against the spinners. The team has capable batsmen down to Warne at 9.

Bowling - Three spinners and three quick bowlers included in the line up. Watson will open the bowling aiming to test out the weakness of Vijay and Badrinath against good quality pace bowling. Nehra will share the new ball. Raina will be targeted with short ball as will Srikanth and Dhoni. Spinners will come on when powerplay finishes. Menaria will only be used if one of the other bowlers has a shocker.

Watson - 4 overs (1,3,5,7)
Nehra - 4 overs (2,4,17,19)
Junaid - 4 overs (6,10,18,20)
Chavan - 4 overs (8,12,14,16)
Warne - 4 overs (9,11,13,15)

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings BOTH TEAMS SUBMITTED Empty Re: Week 2 - Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings BOTH TEAMS SUBMITTED

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 am

CSK team submitted. Time for the spinners to make hay.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings BOTH TEAMS SUBMITTED Empty Re: Week 2 - Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings BOTH TEAMS SUBMITTED

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 am

A bit light on batting with Afridi at 5 and Jakati at 7.But bowling is just irresistible.But I really have no idea why you need 6 bowlers particularly with Raina and Hussey offering part time options.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:42 am

Yeah to be honest I was thinking about adding another batsman in, and probably will do so. I went with fewer batters due to it being 'a batting paradise' and would therefore expect Afridi etc to make runs. I will review my options.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 am

I dont trust Afridi even on a batters' paradise tbh.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 am

Srikkanth has been brought in for Jakati. I made an error by playing 6 bowlers, didn't mean to play that many! Bowling attack of Southee/Ajmal/Mendis/Afridi and part-time of Hussey/Raina. That should suffice, and offers me more batting depth.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:47 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:I dont trust Afridi even on a batters' paradise tbh.

Afridi at 7 to provide some big lower order hitting now, that should be ideal.

I'm most excited about what Hussey, Dhoni and Raina can do on this pitch Smile

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 am

have to say its gonna take something special to beat that side to be honest, hence why i think chennai are favourites.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:38 am

1 Watson
2 Dravid
3 Sangakkara (w)
4 Uthappa
5 Suman
6 Ross Taylor
7 Menaria
8 Chavan
9 Warne (c)
10 Nehra
11 Junaid Khan

Toss - bat

Selection - Sangakkara preferred over Ponting due to spinning nature of pitch. Chavan over Chahar for the same reason.

Batting - Good players of spin throughout the line up due to Chennai's spin reliant bowling options. Taylor to operate as the designated 'finisher'. Dravid will look to anchor the innings while others attack. He will look to rotate the strike against the spinners. The team has capable batsmen down to Warne at 9.

Bowling - Three spinners and three quick bowlers included in the line up. Watson will open the bowling aiming to test out the weakness of Vijay and Badrinath against good quality pace bowling. Nehra will share the new ball. Raina will be targeted with short ball as will Srikanth and Dhoni. Spinners will come on when powerplay finishes. Menaria will only be used if one of the other bowlers has a shocker.

Watson - 4 overs (1,3,5,7)
Nehra - 4 overs (2,4,17,19)
Junaid - 4 overs (6,10,18,20)
Chavan - 4 overs (8,12,14,16)
Warne - 4 overs (9,11,13,15)

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 am

Rajasthan batting looks stronger to me.So toss could be crucial here.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:42 am

i think chennai would win this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 am

Short ball in a batting paradise to Raina? SIX.

Anyone else been massively impressed with him in this ODI series with England? Plays some incredibly clean shots, such a dangerous limited overs batsman.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

The pitch will only turn as the game progresses.It will be flat early on.If Rajasthan win the toss and bat first I expect them to get a good score with their batting.And Warnie will come into play in the 2nd innings.If Chennai win the toss they should win this.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:47 am

But against England he hasn't had Warne at first slip sledging him Wink

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 am

if Chennai win the toss I think they'll win this fairly comfortably, as their batting is pretty strong and the Royals bowling, Warne aside, lacks a real X-factor to contain them on a good pitch. They'll therefore make a good score and with the pitch starting to turn it will prove too much for the Royals (Chennai's bowling looks very strong to me on a spinning pitch).

However, if the Royals win the toss it could be much more interesting. They have a strong batting line-up, and with the pitch not yet doing much could post a big score. And we all know how good Warne's record is at defending good scores...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:50 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:if Chennai win the toss I think they'll win this fairly comfortably, as their batting is pretty strong and the Royals bowling, Warne aside, lacks a real X-factor to contain them on a good pitch. They'll therefore make a good score and with the pitch starting to turn it will prove too much for the Royals (Chennai's bowling looks very strong to me on a spinning pitch).

However, if the Royals win the toss it could be much more interesting. They have a strong batting line-up, and with the pitch not yet doing much could post a big score. And we all know how good Warne's record is at defending good scores...

Same thoughts here too mate thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 am

Yeah pretty much agree. I'd back my spinners to do a good containing job whilst still taking wickets, though, regardless of what innings they bowl in.

We have to remember that a pitch doesn't change that much over 40 overs, it won't go from no spin to turning square. If there is spin then it'll spin from the start, in all likelihood.

I thought Warnie had retired from the IPL now? Shame, always enjoy watching him play even though he is miles past his magnificent best.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:00 am

yeah Warnie retired at the end of this year's IPL I think, but we had to have him in our first season, the man's a legend Very Happy

Agree the pitch won't change much, but it may change a little, even over just 40 overs. Also I think guys like Raina and Afridi are happier batting first than chasing, so that could make a difference too.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:02 am

This should be Warne's last season.When next time we do this FL,warne will have to be released by RR and they will be given money for that.I hope this is fine with everyone.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:03 am

Yeah got to love Warnie.

Dhoni and Hussey are my boys when the pressure is on in a chase, great finishers.

I like the Rajasthan team, a good balance of players that will prove difficult in any conditions to beat, though hopefully my spinners can take control of this one.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:03 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:This should be Warne's last season.When next time we do this FL,warne will have to be released by RR and they will be given money for that.I hope this is fine with everyone.

Yeah I agree shanky, best to keep it current.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:03 am

sounds fair Shanks. Though rumour has it Warnie could be lining up for one of the Melbourne sides in the BBL so in that case I think he should stay another season.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:07 am

Our next season will be in another 6 or 8 months.By then the real RR would have picked a new player and officially released Warnie.So best for you to release him as well then.Dont worry you will get goofd money for Warnie.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:30 pm

how come warne was allowed in this if he's retired?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:48 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:how come warne was allowed in this if he's retired?
Cuz the actual RR franchise havent named a replacement yet.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 pm

i think rajasthan are more balanced, plus junaid khan is exceptional at the death of the innings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:07 pm

ross taylor at 6?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:52 pm

rajasthan have a good chance if they can knock over the top order, then they are in business.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:ross taylor at 6?
He has mentioned Ross is gonna be used as a floater I think.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Fancy Chennai to won this game.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Depends on the toss.Rajasthan have a great chance if they bat first.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:ross taylor at 6?
He has mentioned Ross is gonna be used as a floater I think.

thumbsup

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Not sure that the toss is overly important. If it spins from the start I can't see a pitch deteriorating that badly in the space of 40 overs. We have to remember these are T20's, not Tests Wink

When are the games being played do we know? I only ask because im away Thursday and Friday and may not have Internet access.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 am

sangkarra would be key in your game, and ajmal would be for chennai, and also shane watson with bat and ball would be crucuial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down