The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback

+86
alfie
No name Bertie
Duty281
wisden
VDT
RDW
Dolphin Ziggler
temporary21
nadeem2099
Paul Mac 6CW
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mad for Chelsea
freemo
The Special Juan
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
incontinentia
goldwolf
MIG
GSC
TinRibs
liverbnz
RinoGattuso
The_Enigma
Good Golly I'm Olly
ShankyCricket
ShahenshahG
Gregers
cherriesfna
FIFA Diva
Biltong
Hero
Aidan11
braveneutral
GG
Celtic Warrior
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Crimey
Mastermind
Fernando
ryan86
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
hampo17
gaelgowfer
Fists of Fury
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
eirebilly
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Leff
HumanWindmill
stourjim
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
TopoftheChops
Beer
Kenny
sportform
dummy_half
Irrational
Corporalhumblebucket
GunsGerms
Perfect Jack
Dave.
ncfc_Tooze
User Name
Derbyblue
Liam_Main
AberdeenSteve
Davie
MR. scotland27
Solerina
noleisthebest
Ramilas1
Kay Fabe
RocketAce
David Tails
Lumbering_Jack
ADMIN
LondonJonnyO
sportslover
Legend
Enforcer
Scottrf
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Kaiser
Adam D
90 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Feedback - Page 7 Empty Feedback

Post by Adam D Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Please post any comments you might have about 606v2 here.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Feedback - Page 7 Empty Re: Feedback

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Crimey wrote:That was me by the way, I know the Off-Topic section does have the tendency to fall back into becoming the News and Current Affairs section again which we try to guard against so I decided to remove the active threads that were contravening this.

Nothing to do with trouble makers.

So what is allowed and what is not?

There was a 25 page thread on some recent elections; is that not news and current affairs?

It shouldn't be allowed no, the no-tolerance policy was made clear a couple of months ago. I have reiterated that policy in a new Sticky thread. It was simply down to the section not being a place many of the moderators go that a lot was slipping under the radar.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Crimey wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Crimey wrote:That was me by the way, I know the Off-Topic section does have the tendency to fall back into becoming the News and Current Affairs section again which we try to guard against so I decided to remove the active threads that were contravening this.

There was a 25 page thread on some recent elections; is that not news and current affairs?

It shouldn't be allowed no, the no-tolerance policy was made clear a couple of months ago. I have reiterated that policy in a new Sticky thread. It was simply down to the section not being a place many of the moderators go that a lot was slipping under the radar.

You aren't going to moderate it are you Mate....

No offence but you do tend to be lacking in the sense of humor department..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Adam D wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Britain and her government needs to hurry up and realise this country has a problem with Islam: it is a cult largely incompatible with our British way of life. Until this happens, this sort of behaviour will occur more and more regularly.

Hateful, incendiary comments like this that tar every worshipper of a religion with one broad sweeping statement.

I would sincerely hope you know the difference between Islam and Muslims, and that my post was incredibly far away from being what you describe.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

You aren't going to moderate it are you Mate....

No offence but you do tend to be lacking in the sense of humor department..

As long as you don't post in it mate....

No offence but you do tend to be lacking in the intelligence department..

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:19 pm

But I'm not lacking in more important ones...

Seriously though we don't want a good section ruined..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Booooo there's been some good discussions on that part of the site lately.

Although yesterdays did get out of hand and was rightly removed. I don't understand why we can't have a MOD for that part of the site as I'm sure a few people have volunteered for it before, and Navyblueshorts has taken part in a few of the discussions.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Why don't you do it...

You're a sensible lad........The rest of us are d**kheads..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm

If I could I would but as I'm away most of the year with a stupidly horrendous connection (hence why it took me a few hours to reply yesterday Wink I'd be no good, by the time I got to connect you'd have all have teared lumps out of each other.

I wouldn't say any of us are d**ckheads, more overly passionate sometimes and in need of taking a 10 second breather before we post sometimes Wink

Wasn't it the Athletics board that had the coppers called in?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:04 pm

The News and Current Affairs section also had problems with legal trouble because of allegations being made in there. 

We never had anybody volunteer to mod the NaCA section and when we appointed one it didn't work. We shut that section down, then people started turning the Off-Topic section into that section and we had to take a no-tolerance policy.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Fair do's Crimey, I think it's a shame as bar the odd instance the off topic section has been the best place for a few months and there's been some cracking discussions/debates which have helped teach me a few things.

If noone wants to do it properly though I can see your point.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm

http://web.archive.org/web/20111104144759/https://www.606v2.com/f55-news-current-affairs

Would you adam and eve that? I have restored her to her former glory!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Crimey wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Why is the present political thread in the off-topic section allowed then?

(I assume it is allowed for a moderator is posting in it)

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Has the font here changed?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:30 pm

yes.

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:32 pm

For some reason the text seems to make the font size larger when I post (unless I revert to the previous editor)

Not really a big issue but alerting
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:21 am

Has the Off Topic section been binned again or is my system playing up (again)

Just seen Trussy mention in the boxing section that some numpty got it removed.

:clap:Well done for ruining it for everyone else

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:35 am

Yeah it's gone. Political and religious discussions were still popping up everyday despite numerous warnings. Just make sure it doesn't make it's way into the sports sections now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:44 am

https://www.606v2.com/t55268-606v2-rugby-fans-scottish-independence-thread

May I ask, once more, why this thread is allowed despite the supposed zero tolerance on this sort of thing, or will I be banned again?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:06 am

Crimey, had they got out of hand or were just being discussed?

If it was just being discussed then I concur with Duty in how come that's allowed to stand in the rugby section.

If it was arguing again, then to Duty, if you read that thread it's a cracking debate with no name calling/childish stuff. Show's it can be done if handled properly.

It's a shame as I thought it added something to the site and was something they could have expanded into the magazine.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:26 am

or indeed this thread here

https://www.606v2.com/t55491-another-drive4show-anything-goes-thread

I do find the mods/admins stance on this a bit strange TBH. Surely the most sensible thing would have been to appoint a mod to the off-topic section a while ago (I've seen people say they'd be happy to do it - certainly I'd be willing). There was some excellent debate on the off topic board (and indeed on the NCA one before that) and it seems a shame that the whole part of the board has been punished for a few threads which have gone haywire (which let's be honest happens on most boards). This is after all a forum where people will hold different views, and it's only to be expected that debate will get a little heated at times. I can't help but feel there are other solutions than simply attempting to shut down all debate on politics and religion. As pointed out, it's almost inevitable that such debate will exist somewhere (the mods can't be everywhere at once), so why not have a dedicated place and police it?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:47 am

This conversation happened in this exact thread, I have made multiple attempts to save both the NCA and Off-Topic sections by modding it myself, by giving warnings, by banning individuals, by appointing a dedicated moderator and literally none of it has stopped the same issues that crop up every single time. Hence why the boards have had to just close. Bear in mind I am cast as the villain in this piece, I am actually just the lack administrator to lose patience with the section. Unfortunately the problem is right now that it appears that a lot on this board can't debate serious issues maturely or without being deliberately antagonistic. At the moment there isn't a member impartial enough or who has the patience to bother. It can also create legal issues for us because of certain laws around discrimination and religion etc. we have had legal issues stem from those sections of the board, and while I'm sure it would be noble to take a stand for free speech as this is a completely voluntary role and as all the admins and moderators have actual lives to be living, legal issues stemming from this website is not something any of us want to deal with.

As for other threads in different forums, I am not sure, I don't frequent those boards and the administrators of those sections will have to let you know. Speaking off the record, I assume the reason for this is that one thread within a section is less likely to draw legal attention as a whole section and there are also dedicated moderators and administrators in those sections meaning offending and rule-breaking posts are much easier to remove. What tends to happen in the Off-Topic section is that it's left for a few days as there isn't a mod or admin who posts there and it's got all out of hand.

In general the moderation of this board is very lax and generally most things are allowed and post removing and bans are done infrequently but that section was one place that created more problems than the discussion was worth. 

It may, MAY, be re-opened in the future but for now it's best that the section remain closed and political, religious and social discussions kept to a minimum.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:40 pm

No probs Crimey and cheers for taking the time to answer. thumbsup

If the O.T topic does get reopened can the first topic to be to vote for a MOD or 2 in the section and a one warning and ban system (or can you ban people from certain areas???)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Moderators would have to be put in the section for sure so a vote would be considered. The problem with banning people is often it is people who contribute well in the sports sections but when it comes to the off-topic section end up being a nuisance, wouldn't want to ban them from the forum as we would lose good contributors.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Obviously I agree that a "full-time" mod there is a must. I fully understand that someone like Crimey whose main interest is Football or Rowley with Boxing don't want to spend their time cleaning up the mess on a board they're not massively interested in (nor should they).

I also get that the topics are often sensitive in nature so get out of hand quicker (not to name names, but Americans can get incredibly touchy about 9/11, with some justification obviously), which makes it harder to police. I don't think there's a perfect solution, but I understand the software gives some possibilities (though not to ban posters from a specific section): locking threads to allow everyone to cool down, removing the more "provocative" posts.

On a side-note, I don't understand why some people can't behave in a more adult way sometimes: if you see someone whose view you disagree with, but can't convince them, simply walk away. If there's someone who constantly annoys you with his views, the foe button is an excellent feature (I have two guys whose "views" - on sport - annoy me immensely, so I foed them - problem solved).

Anyway, like Derby, I would like to thank you Crimey for taking the time to respond, and apologize if my post came accross as unnecessarily critical: I'm merely frustrated at the (hopefully temporary) loss of one of the parts of the forum which I really enjoy.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Crimey wrote:Moderators would have to be put in the section for sure so a vote would be considered. The problem with banning people is often it is people who contribute well in the sports sections but when it comes to the off-topic section end up being a nuisance, wouldn't want to ban them from the forum as we would lose good contributors.
Out of interest, is banning people from a section possible?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:56 pm

GSC wrote:
Crimey wrote:Moderators would have to be put in the section for sure so a vote would be considered. The problem with banning people is often it is people who contribute well in the sports sections but when it comes to the off-topic section end up being a nuisance, wouldn't want to ban them from the forum as we would lose good contributors.

It's not the same as a ban that you can get from the whole forum, but I believe it's possible to stop certain people being able to see/post in certain sections but it's not as simple as the ban button for us. It's also something the moderators can't do, only administrators as it involves going into the editing of the forum. This means it's not an effective solution.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm

GSC wrote:

Ooooh I wonder who he could be getting at !!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Makes sense.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:32 pm

GSC wrote:Makes sense.

I wrote most of the topics on the Off topic section.........

Good ones too............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:36 pm

I was responding to Crimey Truss.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:39 pm

GSC wrote:I was responding to Crimey Truss.

Thought you were referring to me.....I'm a sensitive guy who gets hurt very easily !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:11 pm

I came to see my daily dose of the Off Topic section and it has gone! Sad

I enjoyed that section and found it highly entertaining. Some insightful postings and debatings and some of it was just pure madness! The comeradity on there was actually funny at times. It's just a shame some ruin it for others.

I do hope it comes back and that posters treat it with far more care next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Is it possible to add a feature where you can @ another user like Twitter and they'll get a notification. Sometimes I'll have to scroll through a load of comments finding the reply to me.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:06 pm

No.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Can everyone direct queries or feedback to Mr GSC from now on, it's clear to see he owns the Internet world and is the president of v2.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

I respond to all tweets
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:16 pm

They need to highlight your name in Green.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Swanny just likes seeing he post count go up.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:09 am

If you are looking for somewhere to chat around general topics we have this thread in the 6CW area

https://www.606v2.com/t55114p700-out-of-character-version-11#2799509

It is used predominantly by members of the 6CW efed but we are trying to increase usage by widening the scope to general chit chat - Specific efed stuff will be kept to another thread if that's not your thing but if through general conversation it prompts an interest in creative writing etc then you can always take a look at what else we offer in 6CW

Open offer so if you wanna stop by and have a chat or pass the time during what can be otherwise monotony filled days then pop over - Obviously normal rules apply and post will be moderated accordingly Smile Hope to see some of you soon

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 am

I don't know where the appropriate place is to ask so I'm asking here, where is the off topic section? I can't seem to find it.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 am

Removed I believe.

Always devolved into the same posters picking petty fights
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:46 am

I enjoyed Off Topic, I find it hard to believe fully grown men/women still fight on the Internet. Thanks a bunch guys.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm not a grass but the following member is spamming the sports & gaming section.

amandeauryan

https://www.606v2.com/u5792
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:36 am

Dunno if it's on purpose or not but you can't see the off topic section unless you log in (ie so unless your a member.)

It's been a good little section lately so may help lure some more people in

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:50 pm

I don't see an athletics forum on the site, would it be worthwhile creating one?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:01 pm

I believe theres a legal reason theres no section
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Yep, basically it ended up with veteran athletes using it to vent frustrations against the IAAF and threats against the site as a result.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Oh I see. That's a shame. Can we talk about athletics in the "Other sports" section or is there a blanket ban on athletics discussions?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah I'm a bit confused on where to post my "Man Utd sign Usain Bolt" article I got planned for deadline day Rolling Eyes
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:25 pm

There is an athletics section, actually! It's just hidden (but not very well).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next