The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conspiracy Theories

+18
dyrewolfe
bretmeharty
Crimey
Sugar Floyd Louis
TwisT
ADMIN
legendkillar
Kay Fabe
Fists of Fury
sodhat
Imperial Ghosty
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
greybeard
TipToes88
Irish Curry
hodge
AberdeenSteve
Adam D
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Conspiracy Theories Empty Conspiracy Theories

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

I was just reading some of the reviews about the new film Apollo 18 and there are a few conspiracy theorists out there who think that the moon landings are fake or that this film is based on a true secret moon mission. This has even caused NASA to come out and make a statement denying any involvement with a secret mission to the moon.

So this has got me thinking about other theories.

Does Area 51 really exist?
Who really shot JFK?
The whole 9/11 microsoft word thing about the flight number:
1. Open up a blank Word document. 2. Type in Q33 NY in capitals (this is the flight number of the 1st plane to hit the WTC) 3. Highlight it. 4. Change the font size to 48. 5. Change the actual font to wingdings (1)

What other conspiracy theories are there?
What do we truly believe?

Back to top Go down

Conspiracy Theories Empty Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by Adam D Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

The titanic sinking was an insurance job.

The actual ship that sank wasnt the titanic but its sister ship that was badly damaged the month before and wasnt insured.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:02 am

The 9/11 microsoft theory is a load of rubbish, the flight number given has never been proven.

However, I do genuinely believe that the American Government were behind the plot in some way or another. Just too many things don't add up. One major one being the guys on the planes were all in the FBI's Top 50 most wanted and had still somehow gained access to the country?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm

The Denver airport conspiracy Wink

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

i love that some people believe that Paul McCartney is dead and was replaced with somebody who looked and sounded exactly like him

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 03 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

[quote="AberdeenSteve"]The 9/11 microsoft theory is a load of rubbish, the flight number given has never been proven.

However, I do genuinely believe that the American Government were behind the plot in some way or another. Just too many things don't add up. One major one being the guys on the planes were all in the FBI's Top 50 most wanted and had still somehow gained access to the country?[/quote]

Ye never know I mean like it gave them an excuss to invade all these countrys and use Guantanamo Bay etc so it was a bit convenient.
As regerds to whether area 51 is really I think it is someone got like the fence and planes on camara. Only question is what goes on there ghost
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:14 am

Y I Man wrote:.

Who really shot JFK?

pretty sure that a while back US records went public about area 51 because they were over 60 years old

And it was really Mason from Black Ops who shot JFK....obviously

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:46 pm

I went out with a lady (I checked) who believed every conspiracy theory going.

She believed the moon landings were fake, she once proclaimed "everybody knows the CIA killed John Lennon" (that makes me a nobody, I guess), all global warming evidence is false, blah blah blah.

Everything is hushed up, which begs the question how she gets to hear about everything...

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

That Microsoft Word one is mental. I don't believe it has any relevance - because there is no reason for it to - but it's very weird.

The only conspiracy I believe about 9/11 is that the military shot down the 4th plane, rather than it was taken down by passengers. The rest is nonsense IMO.

There are a lot of unanswered criticisms (and convenient benefits to the western world) of Global Warming theory.

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

Electric Demon wrote:There are a lot of unanswered criticisms (and convenient benefits to the western world) of Global Warming theory.

The scientific consensus says otherwise, unless they're all in on it. Which is laughable.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

There seems to be a lot of scientific consensus that the temperature of the earth has continually fluctuated throughout time, and at times quite violently. e.g. ice ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

Not nearly to the extent it's changing now, both in terms of rate and intensity. And while it has always changed, the biggest difference between the ice ages and now is the human contribution.

The problem is the 'teach the controversy' people want to discredit science rather than leave it to do it's job .

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

It could very well be accurate - but at the moment it's a theory presented as truth. And if we all haven't learnt from history that that can be very dangerous by now - then we all deserve to roast anyway Laugh

That's my only gripe.

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:10 pm

what is the microsoft word theory?

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

Electric Demon wrote:It could very well be accurate - but at the moment it's a theory presented as truth. And if we all haven't learnt from history that that can be very dangerous by now - then we all deserve to roast anyway Laugh

That's my only gripe.

In science the word 'theory' is different to how it is used in everyday language. A scientific theory is the pinnacle of our knowledge. Evolution, gravity, electromagnetism, quantum effects etc are all explained by theories.

It's possible to disprove a theory, but not prove it. Not just global warming, but every scientific theory. But each piece of evidence found either kills a theory or strengthens it.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm

And what evidence underpins this theory? A graph which shows a correlation between temperature and carbon emissions.

That graph could be anything - I could correlate temperature to Manchester United Premiership wins. That's my theory - if United keep winning the title, the polar ice caps are going to melt.

Can I hasten to add - that I in no way disbelieve in the massively damaging effect of pollution on the health of the population and the planet. But that is a different issue which is lost in the story that people want to tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:30 pm

Electric Demon wrote:And what evidence underpins this theory?

Lots and lots of research Wink

In the end it comes down to who you believe. I believe the scientific community and not (chiefly American) politicians who have a habit of corrupting science (Intelligent Design) and have no scientific training whatsoever.

And don't get me started on James Dellingpole.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:33 pm

Electric Demon wrote:That graph could be anything - I could correlate temperature to Manchester United Premiership wins. That's my theory - if United keep winning the title, the polar ice caps are going to melt.

I can't remember the name for this, something like attribution of causation or something like that. Similar to saying brown teeth cause cancer, because a large number of cancer patients have discoloured teeth. If you don't know smoking discolours teeth, this is almost an acceptable assumption to make, but under further investigation it becomes flimsy. Scientists are aware of it, there are checks and double checks in place.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

It's odd - as usually I'm not a sceptic, or a conspiracy theorist - but this has never added up enough for me.

Who is James Dellingpole?

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

Dellingpole is a journalist who believes he has exposed the global warming conspiracy. He gives conspiracy theorists their deservedly bad name.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:26 pm

Electric Demon wrote:It's odd - as usually I'm not a sceptic, or a conspiracy theorist - but this has never added up enough for me.

If you get ill, will you trust a doctor or someone with no medical training to give you a diagnosis?

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

But a doctor medicates based on fact. I know that more than likely he (or she) will give me a medicine which will make the illness go away.

If the doctors medicate the planet, by removing all the CO2 - will the illness (rising temperatures) go away? I'm not so sure, and neither would they be.

We've enetered a game of analogy tennis Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

So it seems. But medicine works based on the scientific principle just like everything else.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

A scientific principle that has been proven through experimentation.

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

We're having more translation problems. I meant scientific method, not scientific principle. Apologies.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

The pinnacle of knowledge is a theorum rather than a theory

Man has never stepped on the moon

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

TipToes88 wrote:what is the microsoft word theory?

I second this, I've never come across it...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

sodhat wrote:

1. Open up a blank Word document. 2. Type in Q33 NY in capitals (this is the flight number of the 1st plane to hit the WTC) 3. Highlight it. 4. Change the font size to 48. 5. Change the actual font to wingdings (1)

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 07 Sep 2011, 2:04 pm

Y I Man wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Ok, that's kinda weird!

Thanks for that YI, definitely something to show my friends...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 07 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

Typed Area 51 into wikipedia, very interesting reading.

The Aurora story was a good one, with numerous people and readings suggesting that such an aircraft was at least prototyped. There is a part about an aircrash that was swiftly covered up so as to avoid viewing from the air, too. Sounds like a beast of a plane if ever it did exist, and I wonder why it no longer does.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:01 pm

I love hoax-slayer.com

Certainly, this combination of symbols is likely to make even the most cynical readers do a double take when they first observe it. However, a minimal amount of research reveals that the Wingdings claim is based on an outrageous lie and therefore has no validity what so ever. None of the planes involved in the 9/11 attacks had the flight number "Q33 NY". The flight numbers of the planes that crashed into the Twin Towers were in fact "11" and "175". Clearly, someone has simply made up this supposed flight number in an attempt to make the spurious claim seem valid.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

I love the 'Paul Is Dead' conspiracy, I read that whole website back to front

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

I also think the the plain 'flight 93' I think it was, that passengers supposedly took down was shot down by the Air Force, I think the office just gave the American public some sense of Patriotism, if it is a lie I hope its never revealed

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:23 pm

The best conspiracy theory is that Rainbow was encouraging homosexuality in kids. I don't buy it. Bungle was ever so sweet and straight.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Typed Area 51 into wikipedia, very interesting reading.

The Aurora story was a good one, with numerous people and readings suggesting that such an aircraft was at least prototyped. There is a part about an aircrash that was swiftly covered up so as to avoid viewing from the air, too. Sounds like a beast of a plane if ever it did exist, and I wonder why it no longer does.

I thought that Area 51 was where they tested the u2 spy planes out of, it was linked with UFO activity because at the time nobody knew what these planes where and the pilots had to swear never to let out what was actually happening. The nearby 'crashsite' was a training mission that went wrong and the US Government turned up within like 10 minutes to clear the debris to not give anything anyway to anybody. Apparently people have still come across random bits that they failed to clear away

Gaffer, I love the Paul is dead one, it makes you wonder what people were smoking when they come up with it

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

I think the U2's were tested there, but the aurora project is worth a read up on. This may be the reasoning behind a lot of the UFO stories, given it's shape, sound etc.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

legendkillar wrote:The best conspiracy theory is that Rainbow was encouraging homosexuality in kids. I don't buy it. Bungle was ever so sweet and straight.

Was a bit odd though that he put pjs on for bed but walked around naked the rest of the day.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Hero wrote:
legendkillar wrote:The best conspiracy theory is that Rainbow was encouraging homosexuality in kids. I don't buy it. Bungle was ever so sweet and straight.

Was a bit odd though that he put pjs on for bed but walked around naked the rest of the day.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1atuz_rainbow-twangers-episode_fun

This was just for the crew, but it is a laugh watching it.

From the moment you see George and Zippy peeling a banana you know this is gonna be comical gold, especially as you know it is supposed to be a kids show and they all play it straight.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

Surprised no-one has brought up the ridiculous and worst conspiracy theories taking the internet by storm - "freemasons" and "illuminati" 🤦

It's actually quite funny how people actually believe in them and are so paranoid.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

[quote="jay-z"]Surprised no-one has brought up the ridiculous and worst conspiracy theories taking the internet by storm - "freemasons" and "illuminati" 🤦

It's actually quite funny how people actually believe in them and are so paranoid.[/quote]

Isn't the illuminati one the one where they think we're all being ruled by lizards or something? These people should just be locked in a nice safe room with padding.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:11 pm

Irish Curry... no its about believing in the fact that all huge musicians, western leaders and pope etc are all in a secret society and are always plotting. lol

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 09 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

I recently listened to a full-time conspiracy theorist, why that is a thing I don't know, but he had been this way for decades. The biggest problem I saw with almost all his theories were that they had no end, he just picked out things he didn't understand and claimed there was something dodgy about it and that was it.

My favourite of his was the idea that the fluroide being put into our water, just like the NAZIS(!!!!!) he added because that's always a nice way of scaring people, was to dumb us all down so the governments could do their nasty work.

Or that Thierry Henry's handball against Ireland was orchestrated to distract the entire population of Ireland away from the fact of Ireland's own financial etc. crises.

Obviously there are some things that aren't quite as they seem, but I do believe people jump to crazy conclusions when they should really keep Occam's Razor in mind;

"The simplest answer is usually the right one."

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 09 Sep 2011, 6:17 pm

[quote="jay-z"]Irish Curry... no its about believing in the fact that all huge musicians, western leaders and pope etc are all in a secret society and are always plotting. lol[/quote]

Doh
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:23 pm

I have done quite alot of research into alot of things and like with everything there are wackos out there that are totally off the mark, which makes it a shame because people will only pick up on the wacko side of things and then discredit the whole theory.

What I will say is if you can look beyond that, like I have, there are alot of things that make sense and are plausible, If your willing to look into.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

Irish Curry wrote:
jay-z wrote:Surprised no-one has brought up the ridiculous and worst conspiracy theories taking the internet by storm - "freemasons" and "illuminati" 🤦

It's actually quite funny how people actually believe in them and are so paranoid.

Isn't the illuminati one the one where they think we're all being ruled by lizards or something? These people should just be locked in a nice safe room with padding.

Thats David Icke (former Grandstand presenter, turned conspiracy expert). He believes that the Lizard People are already among us and controlling us. He does want locking away in a padded cell.

The Illuminati (or "Enlightened Ones"), if they exist, are simply a bunch of very powerful and well-connected people with the power to make pretty much anything they want happen. Also smart enough to stay hidden and make what they do seem like part of the normal order of things. This I can believe.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

One of my favourite recent theories was that the entire human race was actually the result of an alien genetic experiment...something I think was referenced in the movie Mission to Mars (near the end where the alien shows the astronauts how Mars died and how they sent DNA samples or something to Earth).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

Y I Man wrote:I was just reading some of the reviews about the new film Apollo 18 and there are a few conspiracy theorists out there who think that the moon landings are fake or that this film is based on a true secret moon mission. This has even caused NASA to come out and make a statement denying any involvement with a secret mission to the moon.

So this has got me thinking about other theories.

Who really shot JFK?

What other conspiracy theories are there?

Area 51 a.k.a Groom Lake Air Force Base does indeed exist and has been the USAF's top secret test facility for everything from the U2 spy plane to the B2 stealth bomber. Whether they actually have any alien spacecraft or little green men stashed away there is another matter. Its also true that it is not shown on any US maps of New Mexico.

The JFK shooting - heck I guess thats one we'll never know for sure. Personally, I think a precedent was set with Abraham Lincoln's assassination and there are enough crazy gun-toting Yanks with a grudge, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lee Harvey Oswald did it.

Never heard about the 9/11 Microsoft thing until just now. Tried it and I have to say it freaked me out slightly.

I believe 100% it was a terrorist attack, pure and simple. US governments have done some very questionable things over the decades, but I refuse to believe they would resort to murdering nearly 3,000 of their own people for ANY reason.

As to how the terrorists were able to carry the whole thing off, despite many being on the FBI's most wanted list...well here's a news flash, the "best" terrorists are very smart and well trained. They learn how to change their identities and generally act normally and blend into the background, until they're ready to make their moves.

I know at least one of them nearly blew their cover by acting strangely while taking flying lessons and you'd think that might've set alarm bells ringing, but you could say the same about our Social Services before the deaths of Baby P and those other kids (not exactly the same thing I know, but similar principle).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

who shot Martin Luther King?

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:57 am

GG wrote:who shot Martin Luther King?

The father of the guy who shot Tupac? Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I think the U2's were tested there, but the aurora project is worth a read up on. This may be the reasoning behind a lot of the UFO stories, given it's shape, sound etc.

I knew Bono was an Alien

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next