The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Punk's match at NoC Annouced (Raw Spoiler)

+9
Kay Fabe
NickisBHAFC
Mr H
liverbnz
TwisT
sodhat
The Womble
Samo
UpsideDownFace
13 posters

Go down

Punk's match at NoC Annouced (Raw Spoiler) Empty Punk's match at NoC Annouced (Raw Spoiler)

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:52 am

So Kevin Nash told Hunter that Laurinitis signed him to a lucrative contract last week while Hunter had gone to check on Nash at the hospital. The match then got made, NoC Punk vs Nash.

BUT! At the end of the night, after the main event. The cameras went backstage to show Hunter, Punk walked in the room and was told that his match with Nash had been cancelled and that at NoC it would be CM Punk vs HHH!

What are your thoughts on this? How good a match will it be? How do you see it panning out seeing as we still have a couple of episodes before the PPV? What will happen on the night? Who is the Heel and who Face? I think the lines are blurred quite considerably!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Punk's match at NoC Annouced (Raw Spoiler) Empty Re: Punk's match at NoC Annouced (Raw Spoiler)

Post by Samo Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

I think its too soon for Punk vs HHH

Samo

Back to top Go down

Punk's match at NoC Annouced (Raw Spoiler) Empty Re: Punk's match at NoC Annouced (Raw Spoiler)

Post by The Womble Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:03 pm

I think HHH will win by DQ when Nash interferes. I also think X-Pac will interfere and there will be a major beat down on Punk. This will then set up the Survivor Series match of NWO vs Punk and his RoH buddies.

However, I agree with Samo with that it is far too soon for Punk v HHH, they should of left it and built it up properly.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

It seems a waste to have the match so soon in a sense, and I would have liked to have seen Punk vs Nash and then have Punk beat down by interference from HHH and co...

Then I would have built HHH up as a heel until WM when he would be beaten by Punk clean, after months of HHH torturing him.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:17 pm

I think it is a good move. Granted, I would have prefered it a little later, but HHH will provide much more than Nash.

I can only see a HHH win though. Which means the Punk losing streak at PPV's will begin again.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm

Bizarre booking. I watched the opening segment which was real solid. It built the Nash/Punk fued well and ended with the match at NOC. Why they've gone and changed that I don't know. I thought they were slow building HHH/Punk. Guess not.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

It makes sense for me. Lets face it Nash in singles competition will stink the house down. Plus it is the perfect opportunity for the HHH heel turn. I actually want Punk to lose this match. I'd have Nash come out towards the end of the match to cost Punk the match with HHH hitting Punk with the sledgehammer whilst the ref is attending to Nash.

They can build on it from there and Punk can get his revenge at Survivor Series.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

I agree with most of the comments above. I recon we will see a beat down of Punk by Nash, HHH and X Pac. Shawn Micheals and Scott Hall aswell maybe ??

Maybe they might have Colt Cobanna watching in the crowd he trys to aid Punk but he too gets beaten down.

Too soon in my view, but im not complaing i would much prefer to have Punk vs HHH than Punk vs Nash (Click,Click CLICK !)

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

I'm with Mr H on this that want Punk to lose this match, I'd actually love to see Nash and X-Pac cost Punk the match without HHH realising it then have Triple H see what happened and for him to save Punk from the beat down, have HHH earn Punks trust, set up a Punk/HHH vs Nash/X-Pac tag match at the next PPV then have HHH turn heel, then that sets up a potential Survivor Series match that KoW and Cabana can be brought in for

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:29 pm

I am very pleased with Hunter against Punk.One because I think it will be a good match and if things pan out correctly then it will set it up brilliantly heading into Survivor Series.

Definitely see Nash interference,perhaps even X-Pac but would like it to slow burn a little longer as we have another PPV before November.

All in all I am not disappointed,people were moaning about Nash taking on Punk,now he's not so I don't see the problem.

Also Sky Sports are saying that Night of Champions will be live on SS1 so happy days indeed.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:13 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm with Mr H on this that want Punk to lose this match, I'd actually love to see Nash and X-Pac cost Punk the match without HHH realising it then have Triple H see what happened and for him to save Punk from the beat down, have HHH earn Punks trust, set up a Punk/HHH vs Nash/X-Pac tag match at the next PPV then have HHH turn heel, then that sets up a potential Survivor Series match that KoW and Cabana can be brought in for

Love the idea Gaffer fantastic story-telling

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:24 pm

Glad you like it Brady, I think it'd be simple yet effective, if then next PPV after Night Of Champions is Hell in a Cell then Triple H could say the plan all along was to get Punk alone where no-one could save him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm

I can see the NoC PPV having an inconclusive ending, this seems like it will be a long running story so HHH may well face Punk inside the Cell.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:44 pm

Personally I'd let it run until WrestleMania, I'd love to see the next three PPV's play out like I stated then have Punk go on a roll from Survivor Series to the Rumble, have Triple H cost Punk the Rumble and his WrestleMania World Title Match, I'd then have Punk th star of The Elimination Chamber, pinning 3/4 guys then being screwed again by Triple H to allow Cena the win to keep the Cena/Rock match for the WWE Title, Punk could claim Cena yet again 'inadvertedly' benefits, this sets up Punk/HHH for WrestleMania where Punk goes over clean and is gaurenteed a World Title Match without interference at the next PPV where he can go over John Cena and begin a proper run as the World Champion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 31 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

Where has all this talk of X Pac returning come from? Has he been signed to WWE or something?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

No not publicly anyway, many are just assuming that TripleH to build heat which in turn would build hype for Punk will surround himself with his own guys, add to that, Pac has apparently really cleaned himself up and is still a great worker, it makes some sense that Hunter would want him by his side, add that to the fact many believe Punk got Colt Cobana his gig back then it would make sense if it lead to an us and them feud with the Kliq (possibly with ADR) and Punk, Cabana and possibly the Kings of Wrestling

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down