The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Byrne have a Wales future?

5 posters

Go down

Does Lee Byrne have a Wales future?

Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_lcap40%Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_lcap20%Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_lcap40%Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_lcap0%Does Byrne have a Wales future? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Does Byrne have a Wales future? Empty Does Byrne have a Wales future?

Post by krusty Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 9:46

Injuries or not, his comeback was pants & no different to other pants performances when he wasn't injured. Good luck to Clermont Auvergne, Byrne will spend most of his season in A&E & Regan Kings best days are past him.

krusty

Back to top Go down

Does Byrne have a Wales future? Empty Re: Does Byrne have a Wales future?

Post by Shifty Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 10:54

Personally I think he will be done after the World Cup, poor form, the fact he's playing in France, the emergance of so many players to challenge him.
Steffan Jones, Stoddard, Fish, were not short of promising full backs or good ones.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 10:58

2 things that ALWAYS irrtate me about Lee Byrne:

1) He has an arrogance where he appears to have the opinion that he's much better than everyone else (he isn't).

2) When he jumps for the high ball against another player he always sticks his foot out in a dangerous manner, presumably to put the other player off. I believe that one of the Scots (Southwell?) got a nasty facial injury as a result.

There are much better players around to take his place. Priestland and the unfortunate Stoddard are miles ahead of him and Halfpenny too. I hope he doesn't go.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 11:10

Mr Bounce wrote:2 things that ALWAYS irrtate me about Lee Byrne:

1) He has an arrogance where he appears to have the opinion that he's much better than everyone else (he isn't).

2) When he jumps for the high ball against another player he always sticks his foot out in a dangerous manner, presumably to put the other player off. I believe that one of the Scots (Southwell?) got a nasty facial injury as a result.

There are much better players around to take his place. Priestland and the unfortunate Stoddard are miles ahead of him and Halfpenny too. I hope he doesn't go.

You try jumping 3 foot in the air from a running start WITHOUT lifting one leg. It isnt physically possible. And Southwell's injury was his own fault - if he had been going for the ball rather than tackling Byrne whilst that latter was off the ground he wouldnt have caught a boot in the face. That is why Southwell was penalised. Byrne was blameless for that incident. Have you ever watched Rugby before?

And sorry - until the VERY recent emergence of Stoddart at fullback - Lee Byrne HAS been the best full back in Wales by a country mile. Priestland is a great flyhalf, and competent cover at 15, no more than that.

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 11:18

Unfortunately I think he will go despite his form
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 11:19

I've been watching rugby for years thanks very much. I know it's not against the rules to jump like that, it's just that Byrne does it in a far more pronounced manner than anyone else I've seen. I just don't think it's particularly sporting.

Personally I think he's an arrogant bloke with an inflated opinion of himself so maybe I am biased... Yahoo

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down