The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions

+6
hodge
Fernando
bretmeharty
talkingpoint
Levi
Legend
10 posters

Go down

Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions Empty Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions

Post by Legend Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:18 pm

We seem to be entering this PPV with very little hype surrounding it. Let's face it, there was only one story coming out of Raw this week and that does not have anything to do with what might happen at Elimination Chamber. Anything that happens tonight will be nothing compared to the return of The Great One on Raw.

Even more discouraging are the matches. There is no particular match at the event that I am overly bothered about. Yet again, WWE have failed to build a PPV as they could and would have done in the past. However, I do expect to see another match added to the card at the last minute, as quite frankly, five is not enough to fill a three hour slot.

Now onto my analysis and predictions of matches for the PPV:

Santino & Kozlov v Gabriel & Slater (Tag Team Championships Match)

I think that it is about time Santino and Kozlov dropped the belts. Santino is WWE's comedian  and that is all well and good, but having him and Kozlov as tag champions turns the belts into a comedy act.

The right thing to do here is give The Corre some gold to make them more credible and set up some kind of Corre Vs. Nexus match at Wrestlemania. That's about as interesting as the tag titles are going to get, sadly.

I also think that with Justin Gabriel's good in-ring move-set and Slater's reasonable attributes in that area, the two could be quite a good tag team if they work hard.

Raw Elimination Chamber (No.1 Contender match for WWE Championship)

Unless WWE plans a big surprise in this match like the return of HHH or an appearance by The Rock costing Cena the match, it is only going to end up going one way.

It has been rumoured for a long time that Cena Vs. Miz for the WWE title is planned for Wrestlemania and the fact that The Rock singled them both out on Raw serves to support this.

What do I see happening in the match? Well I see R-Truth being Eliminated first which is obvious, but I see a solid encounter between the other combatants.

Eventually I see it coming down to Cena and someone else. Cena will get the better in this exchange and go on to wrestle for a major belt again at Wrestlemania. What a surprise. I only hope that The Rock costs him the match.

Alberto Del Rio v Kofi Kingston

Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble three weeks ago and needs something to do before his main event match at WrestleMania.

There is no way Kofi Kingston is winning this match, and all it does is serve to build Del Rio up a little bit more.

However, it will probably be match of the night. Both men are gifted in the ring and have contrasting styles which should make this a great encounter.

The build-up for the match hasn't been bad either, at least we have seen some interaction between the two unlike the tag title match.

Del Rio is now in my top 3 or 4 favourite wrestlers at the moment in WWE, and I feel they have done the smart thing giving him a world title match at WrestleMania. It keeps things fresh.

The Miz v Jerry 'The King' Lawler (WWE Championship Match)

This match is just about acceptable as a Raw main event, but not on PPV. WWE expects people to pay to watch this?

Jerry Lawler has had a career deserving of a world title, I agree, but sometimes you don't get what you deserve.

If WWE give Lawler the belt on Sunday, it will be a huge mistake. The Miz needs to look credible going into a Wrestlemania match with Cena, and losing to The King will not achieve that.

He would have to win the belt back on Raw this Monday night to recover the situation.

I really hope Lawler is not entering WrestleMania as world champion, because that would kill a lot of the momentum The Rock created on Monday.

This match will not be pretty, it will also not be exciting because The King is way past his best and it is asking a lot of Miz (or anyone in fact) to carry King.

I expect Michael Cole to cost Lawler the match and set up a mania match between the two. That will be the only interesting event that happens in this match.

SmackDown Elimination Chamber (World Heavyweight Championship Match)

This match seems to be the more interesting of the two Elimination Chamber encounters mainly due to the kayfabe firing storyline of Dolph Ziggler on SmackDown.

This leaves a space open in the match for another competitor, and you never know it would turn out to be a big return of a guy like Undertaker or HHH. More than likely we'll see The Big Show added to the match to continue his feud with The Corre.  

Although more unlikely, the outcome I would prefer to see is a return of Christian. This would make sense, because of his previous feud with ADR who put him out of action in the first place. There was also a hint of a reuniting of Edge and Christian at the Slammy Awards, so don't be surprised to see a triple threat match for the WHC at Wrestlemania thumbsup

It is most likely that we will see a face winning this match, as Alberto Del Rio will probably face the winner at WrestleMania. This leaves the options of Rey Mysterio, Edge or (my vote) Christian.

Personally, I wouldn't have much of an issue with seeing Mysterio face Del Rio at WrestleMania because they have had a decent feud. But I can't see him winning the match personally, so it's down to either Christian or Edge.

I would look forward to seeing any of the two face Del Rio at WrestleMania.

----------------------------

Thoughts?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions Empty Re: Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions

Post by Levi Sun 20 Feb 2011, 5:30 pm

es over then I agree that the matches themselves look largely bland. Miz can't lose because everyone can see King vs Cole coming a mile away, and no one really cares either way about the tag titles or the Del Rio match.

The intrigue comes in the chambers. Fans of the Rock vs Cena match at 'Mania will, in my opinion, know where they stand tonight. If Cena wins then the dream dies but if somebody else (Orton?) goCena has no 'Mania opponent and I'd say the dream clash with The Great One is not only likely but guaranteed. I know it's very very unlikely but hey, we can all dream until Super Cena actually strikes can't we? Crying or Very sad

The Smackdown chamber isn't quite the cast iron win everyone thinks it is in my opinion. Edge and Del Rio have had very little build and it might be time for someone else to take the gold. My personal dream scenario, even though it won't emerge, is Kane claiming the gold and then Undertaker becoming embroiled in a feud upon his return tomorrow night. Then you could have all kinds of people in the Wrestlemania match like maybe a Kane vs Undertaker vs Del Rio vs Edge lineup. I'm a big believer in Kane being pushed and also a match like that could put the streak in genuine jeapordy (not that Taker would lose). I just hope we get something meaningful tonight rather than Ziggler sneaking into the chamber. I'd even prefer Big Show and somehow Zeke costing him the match in preparation for their 'Mania match. I love the Christian idea though. His push is long looooooooong overdue.

Levi

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions Empty Re: Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions

Post by Legend Sun 20 Feb 2011, 5:44 pm

I totally agree with you about Christian's push being long overdue. I know it seems like merely a dream scenario and very unlikely, but it's about time Christian wins a world championship. Since returning to the 'E, he hasn't had enough time to climb to the top. Obviously he had his run in ECW, but that wasn't quite so prestigious. Since moving over to SmackDown there haven't really been any times when it seems right for him to win a world championship. However, right know it would make sense, with Edge being the current champion and his former tag partner and also Del Rio (the man who gave him this injury) expected to face the champion at mania. I hope this happens, as it makes sense as a storyline, but very few will be expecting it. Inserting someone like Taker, HHH or Big Show however seem far too obvious choices. Despite this I think we may well be disappointed by the WWE creative team yet again Sad
Fingers crossed hey? thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 20 Feb 2011, 5:53 pm

I support your prediction that Cena will win the Raw EC. I believe it will be Cena v Miz at Mania and I predict Miz will win (probably through cheating knowing Cena's record for putting over people cleanly).

I think unless this mystery person turns out to be a multi time champion someone such as HHH then Edge will come away with this one. I think this for two reasons:

1. Edge made it to Mania last year only to lose as face
2. Edge is the biggest opponent in terms of title reigns in the chamber to go on and headline WM27. Del Rio has never been to Mania before and for him to carry the WHC match with someone else I think would be difficult to sell. Kane, despite having a title run last year, is just making up the numbers and I really don't think Rey will be the other face who could probably win. Even if Christian returns as a face Vince doesn't have the confidence in him being world champion material to headline Mania.

As for Miz v King I see Miz winning this one whether King is cheated out of the match or not. I really can't believe they would put the belt on someone of his age going into WM27.

This PPV has had very little build up mostly because A) its a themed PPV so the focus is less on feuds and more on gimmick and B) its overshadowed (naturally) by Wrestle Mania. The actual chamber matches though are usually entertaining and I hope there are some exciting spots in them tonight. Imagine McIntyre future shocking Mysterio onto the steal! We can only dream!!! 8)

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:02 pm

felt like i was reading a preview from the john report that gets put up on a few websites ive read, did you copy this or are you john

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:26 pm

I don't really understand the logic that Christian couldn't headline a big one. No one can question his ability in the ring and he's certainly over with the crowd. Everyone wants to see this push. My main argument with this way of doing it is that throwing him in tonight to take the belt would be a bit silly when they could have a Jeff Hardy situation and build it over a few months. Imagine the emotion if he ends a Del Rio 12 month reign at next year's Wrestlemania a la John Cena and JBL? Far fetched but a much better booking idea than throwing him in tonight and robbing us Christian fans of our build. Plus to be fair I'm perfectly happy with Edge vs Alberto Del Rio as a 'Mania match. I'm much more interested in seeing where The Rock will fit in with Cena/Miz, and this year's Streak Match, so the Smackdown main event doesn't need to be much.

Also as I have mentioned before, can nobody else see Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes at 'Mania? I'm tipping Cody to wear a Mysterio mask 8)

Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:37 pm

@Bret: I read a similar article from the news section in google and then wrote this based in what I thought. That might explain why it seems like something else you may have read! But I have also posted my review on another site, but not under the name John (I don't know what you mean about that)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Feb 2011, 6:57 pm

his name is john its called the john report that gets put up, no worries i ment it with no mallace. Very Happy thumbsup

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sun 20 Feb 2011, 7:36 pm

Oh no worries m8 thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber Preview: Analysis and Predictions Empty Cody Banks!

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Feb 2011, 10:27 pm

Im calling it now Rhodes is the replacement for smackdown EC or as my gf calls him Cody Banks :606laugh:

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 20 Feb 2011, 10:46 pm

im going for mr ziggles to be reinstated

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Feb 2011, 10:52 pm

If it is Dolph to be reinstated then I have one question what was the point, just like what was the point edge losing the title then winning it back to become a 11 time champ all in one show

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:06 pm

Im gonna throw one out there and say Y2J king

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:09 pm

YI I've gone for Jericho as the replacement in a PPV Predo league, his book signing has been cancelled for tomorrow which just seemed strange to me

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:10 pm

i havnt read any spoiler sites this weekend, heres hoping for some mark out moments thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:11 pm

if it is y2j, then I would go for rey to win to set up him vs del rio at mania and y2j edge for their "grudge" rematch also at mania

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:17 pm

ive merged this with the other prediction article guys
:friend:

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:19 pm

haha now you say, i was looking at the list of threads thinking where the hell has that thread gone :606laugh:

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:21 pm

also my last post didnt come through so:

There has been talk in WWE creative of reforming RatedRKO so what about for a tag match at Mania:

RatedRKO Vs Y2Punk

:lol:

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:28 pm

found this for your amusement

https://www.youtube.com/v/rFBaMZl1nCA

Last edited by Y I Man on Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry Mr Hodge, you cant post videos directly on articles, just the links m8)

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:30 pm

Maybe i didnt want this merged
Wink

Nah its cool your the boss :606laugh:

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:35 pm

Your keeping me busy tonight lads :606laugh:

p.s. Hero is the boss king thumbsup

Looking forward to the live chat, if the rumble one was anything to go by it should be brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85wBJ4psXIU&feature=feedu

Be The Booker 20 min Vid from PWR.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:54 pm

I always take videos like that with a pinch of salt as ill form my own opinions about what i think/will happen thank you very much lol :606laugh: :606laugh: :lol: :lol:

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Spanky Mon 21 Feb 2011, 12:43 am

Right predo's time:

Raw EC - John Fruity Pebbles Cena to win, pinning Punk last.

Smackers EC - Cody Rhodes to be the replacement, Edge to win. The reason Jericho's cancelled some signings is because Borders have gone bust.

Tag Titles - Nexus win.

WWE title - Lawler

IC Title - ADR - I'm aware its not been announced as a title match, I can just foresee an IC vs World title match at Mania.
Spanky
Spanky

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 21 Feb 2011, 9:26 am

so I basically guessed correctly! Smile

This sets up a Miz v Cena match for the WWE title at Mania as well as Edge v Del Rio for the WHC (just goes to show how serious WWE are this year about pushing younger talent)

I really want my other prediction about Dolph to come true but I believe Cena will put Miz over and Edge will retain.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Mon 21 Feb 2011, 9:36 am

When will Vince realise the majority of Wrestling fans are sick oF John Cena. Especially when he seems to headline Wrestlemania every year. I'm now predicting Cena v Miz with The Rock as special guest referee. Miz tries to win, Rock helps Cena and shakes his hand at the end. :shooter:

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Feb 2011, 9:40 am

Bobby Roode wrote:When will Vince realise the majority of Wrestling fans are sick oF John Cena. Especially when he seems to headline Wrestlemania every year. I'm now predicting Cena v Miz with The Rock as special guest referee. Miz tries to win, Rock helps Cena and shakes his hand at the end. :shooter:

Then delivers a rock bottom?

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 21 Feb 2011, 9:45 am

King Beer wrote:
Bobby Roode wrote:When will Vince realise the majority of Wrestling fans are sick oF John Cena. Especially when he seems to headline Wrestlemania every year. I'm now predicting Cena v Miz with The Rock as special guest referee. Miz tries to win, Rock helps Cena and shakes his hand at the end. :shooter:

That is the only way I would like to see that. Cena just annoys me.

His big response to Rock was sitting eating fruity pebbles? Fair enough he might have said "Tonight is about EC" but now that he has won the EC Raw will be about WM. Just feels a little disjointed to me.

That could be my sleep deprived brain's "logic".

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 21 Feb 2011, 9:51 am

I reckon Cena will put Miz over; I feel there's a changing of the guard happening and this year's Mania is going to be pivotal to the future of the WWE. Wink

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Mon 21 Feb 2011, 11:11 am

King Beer wrote:

I'd love that. But I'd love Miz to retain even more so - with help from Rocky.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down