The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Del Rio - Whats the Problem?

+7
Kenny
Clunge4life
ADMIN
Ent
Holymiky
HitmanOwl
bretmeharty
11 posters

Go down

Del Rio - Whats the Problem? Empty Del Rio - Whats the Problem?

Post by bretmeharty Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

I have just watched raw and I like the way Del Rio carried himself as champion and his promo was very good "I Alberto Del Rio wakes up in the morning and says what will I do today - beat Rey Mysterio" and funny.

He plays the "im rich, that makes me better then you, snob" very well.

Always seems to have a good consistent level of matches, including last nights.

Everyone says they are sick of Cena having the title (quite rightly 11 time champ is sickening) - Tick

Everyone seems to hate Mysterio - Tick

Would everyone be happy If Punk had the title forever and won every match?

We're always talking about giving new guys the chance and to run with it and see where this goes then decide if he was a failure, and if it does work out for Del Rio and WWE then who knows that may encourage them to take more chances on younger guys also.

It freshen's the pictures up a bit as well.

Maybe it's the age we live in where we try to over analyse the finer most precise detail and thats not always a good thing.

I have barely seen a positive response to Del Rio since winning it and so I ask again whats the problem?

Very Happy

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Del Rio - Whats the Problem? Empty Re: Del Rio - Whats the Problem?

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

Because he will go the same way as everyone else,the dreaded de-push. It all comes back to cena. I'd say at night of champions Cena will walk away with the title.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:26 pm

That may happen and given WWE's history it will happen but at least be upbeat about it If/untill it happens, because it may not.

And that's also like saying in football if someone gets through in the FA cup and they are due to play a big team, You would enjoy the moment first then the time of the match you would be positive and you never know it may surprise you.

Last edited by bretmeharty on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

I haven't got a problem with Del Rio I find him funny and he's good in the way he carries himself as champion like you said.

I think he may last a long time in his current reign, so far WWE have seemed very hot on im because they have made a huge deal about him for everyone to see.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

It all comes back to edges injury, people are bored with del rio talking about his destiny every week.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:36 pm

What he has got over most other recent newbie pushes is a clean win on his first night as champ! That hasn't often happened.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

I'm think del Rio was better suited on SD,I personally like him a lot more in that brand. He's a better wrestler than most,I do enjoy his matches the majority of the time.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

Hero wrote:What he has got over most other recent newbie pushes is a clean win on his first night as champ! That hasn't often happened.

It shows (imo) that they are serious about him and there's nothing I don't like about the guy.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

Not a thing wrong with Del Rio as champ

I liked his Raw promo and look forward to how performs as champ

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

furious he just is not World title class .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote: furious he just is not World title class .

But how many other champions are world title ready by the time they win their first world title? They have to be given the strap to see if they can develop into a strong champion - it is no different from young F1 drivers.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

It's weird how nobody says anything positive about Del Rio, but suddenly somebody goes I like Del Rio, and everybody else is clambering on the bandwagon.

I said in another thread that I like Del Rio, I think he gets unneccesary flack. Sure, his promos do seem to be stuck saying the same things, but let's be honest he's hardly any a good feud to give him the chance to actually flourish on the mic, he's been stuck in the same position for the entire time so a lot of the time the promos will be the same. I like his look, he's very good on the mic and in the ring as well.

I think that WWE have maybe pulled the trigger on him too quickly, but I do think he's good enough to stay at the top, I think he's just got 'it' which I don't get from somebody like Jack Swagger (who I actually quite like), I can buy into him as a main eventer, he's been pushed well so it's not a huge jump.

I was extremley glad, as others have mentioned' that he managed a clean win over Mysterio, particuarly as a heel champion, there was a part of me that was worried Rey was going to actually beat him! I thought WWE might be eager to get a huge crowd reaction. I think we might see a Del Rio face turn not long from now, from his promo and the fact he won clean makes me think that WWE are testing the water. I'd like to see him face, I can see him certainly as an Eddie Guerrero character, but obviously they have to make sure they don't tread too closey onto that stuff because it's a bit dodgy and may actually make fans dislike him.

I'm glad he is champion though, as WWE have seemed anxious to give him the strap, I hope he's given a decent run with it, and I'm glad he's not having to carry the brand as it seems that he'll be with Cena, while the whole Punk/Nash/Triple H thing will be the main story which is good, as it means if he doesn't quite live up to expectations WWE won't blame him completley!

I'm sick of the negativity that seems to surround pretty much everything WWE does, and for the first time in years I'm feeling really positive with the direction WWE is heading, we have two strong brands, a huge storyline brewing and they are trying to create new main eventers properly with Del Rio and Punk both getting hard pushes, as well as Christian, Mark Henry, Sheamus, Barrett and Bryan all being made to look strong on Smackdown.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote: furious he just is not World title class .

But how many other champions are world title ready by the time they win their first world title? They have to be given the strap to see if they can develop into a strong champion - it is no different from young F1 drivers.

I agree you need to give them a chance to make it , but i still believe if ADR was american he wouldn't be anywhere near the world title picture he's just not that good or over , its just WWE wanting a bigger slice of the mexican market . Just my opinion and im sure loads wont agree .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

@joshSanson

Aren't you meant to build your stars and then give them a title run? It wouldn't have done him any harm to have the I.c title to build off from. It just looks rushed,he will be shoved back down to midcard after the Mexico tour.

I hope he makes it though.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Andthen1 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:03 pm

I use to like del rio thought he had good gimmick

But then i saw on you tube last nite him in a mma fight (whilst wearing a mask) getting knocked out with a kick to the mush that seemed to glance him and he has gone down in my estimation. He just dosnt seem that tuff to be a WWE champion

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

Andthen1 wrote:But then i saw on you tube last nite him in a mma fight (whilst wearing a mask) getting knocked out with a kick to the mush that seemed to glance him and he has gone down in my estimation. He just dosnt seem that tuff to be a WWE champion

That should have litterally no effect on whether you think he is a good wrestler or not.

I'm wiling to wager that almost all WWE wrestlers would fail at MMA.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:@joshSanson

Aren't you meant to build your stars and then give them a title run? It wouldn't have done him any harm to have the I.c title to build off from. It just looks rushed,he will be shoved back down to midcard after the Mexico tour.

I hope he makes it though.

I agree that he should have had an IC/US title run last year - he could have won it very quickly on coming in and feuded with Rey over it. But then again he does have a kind of star quality to him and didn't really need it. If the rumours are to be believed he is a smooth operator behind the scenes so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit more immune from a de-push afterwards.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:10 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:

I was extremley glad, as others have mentioned' that he managed a clean win over Mysterio, particuarly as a heel champion, there was a part of me that was worried Rey was going to actually beat him! I thought WWE might be eager to get a huge crowd reaction. I think we might see a Del Rio face turn not long from now, from his promo and the fact he won clean makes me think that WWE are testing the water. I'd like to see him face, I can see him certainly as an Eddie Guerrero character, but obviously they have to make sure they don't tread too closey onto that stuff because it's a bit dodgy and may actually make fans dislike him.

Me too, I was watching it and especially when he kept saying, I like Rey Mysterio. I was thinking they turning him face lol

To be fair he was getting cheers at that point so if he did turn face it could work

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:16 pm

Yeah, but the crowd may have only been cheering Mysterio's name.

I thought they were testing the waters to see how the crowd reacted to him acting a bit less heel-ish. I thought it was good the way he turned it around into a heel promo though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andthen1 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

InvincibleIleak

wow shut down in flames Cry

I was just saying that he seems weak to me, his not exactly the most muscular and imtimidating wrestler out there. And now i cant get it out my head that he got knocked out.

no doubt he is a good wrestler, but to be champion u need to have a sense of invulnerability about yourself and he dosnt. I feel like he could lose every match

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm

CM Punk?

Shawn Michaels?

Chris Jericho?

Can you not take any of these guys seriously because of their size?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andthen1 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

Indeed you can, i think Punk looks like he could have a scrap and win.

Michaels ok ill give you that one

Didnt Jericho have a fight with Goldberg for real and win?

Andthen1

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

Del Rio face turn? Not yet but when originally signed the idea was for him to become a top babyface. Maybe its sooner than one thought.

Who would his feuds be with? I thought miz was on the cusp if a face turn. I could see jericho feeding with Del Rio,that would be pretty amazing.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

Andthen1 wrote:Indeed you can, i think Punk looks like he could have a scrap and win.

Michaels ok ill give you that one

Didnt Jericho have a fight with Goldberg for real and win?

I just don't think it's relevant, how "tough" they are in real life, and it seems completley unfair on Del Rio who I wouldn't have ever thought to have to compare him to the sizes of Michaels and Jericho.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:57 pm

I'm not a fan of Del Rio and I hope his run wont last too long, I think the reason most people crapped on ADR is because we all know its just a cheap publicity stunt, he's not champ because he is a draw, interesting or entertaining, he is Champion because the WWE are touring Mexico and since they've been doing big numbers in Mexico lately they've struck while the iron is hot, I also don't think it was wise to take the title off Punk after the push he has recieved and the fact he is 2-0 on Cena to establish himself as the Undisputed WWE Champion, still I think thats something they can salvage

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm not a fan of Del Rio and I hope his run wont last too long, I think the reason most people crapped on ADR is because we all know its just a cheap publicity stunt, he's not champ because he is a draw, interesting or entertaining, he is Champion because the WWE are touring Mexico and since they've been doing big numbers in Mexico lately they've struck while the iron is hot, I also don't think it was wise to take the title off Punk after the push he has recieved and the fact he is 2-0 on Cena to establish himself as the Undisputed WWE Champion, still I think thats something they can salvage

Very well put gaffer thumbsup
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down