The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers News

+54
ncfc_Tooze
cherriesfna
barragan
McLaren
Soldier_Of_Fortune
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
JamesLincs
drsambo1928
Shifty
Geordie
Prettybhoyfloyd
Dave.
davidl1061
Gregers
Luke
sportform
GSC
CaledonianCraig
superflyweight
Kenny
DJ Legless
Adam D
Gordy
The Special Juan
RDuncan8
Hero
lorus59
cabbagesandbrussels
Enforcer
BigPhil
Ayrshirebhoy
Lee
Il Gialloblu
Dass
6oldenbhoy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Doon the Water
RinoGattuso
marcellus wallace
Dr Gregory House MD
Mat
liegerwoods
Nay
JAS
Josiah Maiestas
Kay Fabe
super_realist
Celtic Warrior
User Name
monty junior
tarka
Crimey
TipToes88
The Galveston Giant
58 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Rangers News - Page 20 Empty Rangers News

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 4:36

First topic message reminder :

Updates on Rangers Transfer news.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 18:46; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Rangers News - Page 20 Empty Re: Rangers News

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 20:44

I'm not mate no.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 21:07

Gers may face embargo

Charles Green has revealed he may be forced to accept the transfer ban handed to Rangers by the Scottish Football Association in order to secure the Ibrox club's membership of the governing body.

The Scottish Premier League and the SFA vowed to back the Scottish Football League's decision to put the Ibrox club in the Irn-Bru Third Division.

Rangers are due to be re-launched in the Ramsden's Cup first round against Brechin at Glebe Park on July 28 but Green will need to come to an agreement with the SFA beforehand and talks will continue on Tuesday.

Rangers successfully overturned the 12-month transfer embargo in the Court of Session before Green's Sevco Scotland bought their assets when they were consigned to liquidation.

But the alternative punishment, sparked by their failure to pay millions of pounds of tax last season, could be suspension or termination of membership if the case reverts to an appeals panel.

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan wanted to put the new Rangers in the First Division with the transfer ban, a £160,000 fine and a stipulation to pay the original Rangers' transfer debts of around £3million.

Regan has predicted "social unrest" if there is no football played at Ibrox next season but Green hinted he might have to accept the sanctions to make that possible.

Ibrox manager Ally McCoist has lost a full team of players who refused to transfer to the new company and Green revealed that Dorin Goian, Carlos Bocanegra and Maurice Edu would follow them.

Green, who represented Rangers at the SPL annual general meeting along with McCoist, told Sky Sports News: "I gave a verbal agreement to transfer the oldco share across to Dundee and we've now got verbal agreements with both the football league to admit us into Division Three and on issues outstanding with the SPL.

"The real key now for Rangers fans are the issues outstanding with the SFA - most of the agenda items that have been talked about for weeks and weeks: the transfer embargo, fines that were put out there, and payments to football clubs that had happened for previous transfers.

"It is now for newco to take on board the sins of oldco to clear a way forward. Many fans have spoken to me and said how unfair it is.

"At one meeting today it was explained that being demoted to the Third Division is not a punishment. I'm not very bright but I struggle with that one, to see that leaving the SPL and ending up in the Third Division is anything but a punishment.

"The difficulty we have is we've been working for many, many weeks now on these issues and there is a point where unless I as CEO accept sanctions then we won't be granted permission to join the SFA.

"But it's a balance between what's fair and what's required. The problems this club created - and no-one is walking away from that - by previous owners have now been laid bare, sanctions been taken, the manager and all board members and employees have had to deal with that.

"I addressed the staff today because there will be job losses and the implications are huge. We need to draw this matter to an end now. We need the SFA to agree membership for us now so we can all rebuild and get on with our lives."

The SFA said in a statement: "The new season begins in less than two weeks and it is incumbent on the Scottish FA to conclude all outstanding issues relating to Rangers FC.

"To that end, we aim to meet with the club this week with the intention of achieving a satisfactory outcome for all parties so that we can focus on football in time for the new campaign."

The new Rangers are also due to play in the League Cup on August 4, with the draw taking place this week, before playing their first league game at Peterhead on August 11.

"We are now accepted as a member of the football league but we are unable to even play a friendly and the first cup game is in less than two weeks," Green said.

"We haven't got many players because some who have been tremendously loyal, Goian for example, they came back hoping that some sense might have prevailed.

"He was happy to commit to Rangers even if we were not in the top flight but clearly we can't expect an international player to be playing in Division Three, unfortunately.

"We're going to lose some more now for different reasons than the others. But we can understand and we thank these players for their loyalty.

"It does increase the pressure on Ally even further, we're asking him to manage a club where the SFA still want to put some transfer embargo on us and we haven't got any players at all."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/7904775/gers-may-face-embargo
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 21:13

To be fair, I don't think Rangers were punished. They suffered the consequences of breaking the rules but were never technically "punished" (or so a friend of mine says anyway). It's not going well at all now. Why didn't they apply for English league membership?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 22:30

I agree TSJ, unfortunately they still have punishment ahead although i thought they were allowed to replace players that left with the transfer embargo, since the whole teams leaving he can buy a new one for the 3rd Division.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 23:29

I'm hanging tenously by a very very thin thread, either this is the old company or it isn't. If a 3 division demotion aint enough "punishment" then I will simply lose all interest in any supposed integrity in Scottish football. To me it should be one or the other...stay in the SPL and be hit with long term crippling sanctions (no long an option, that ship has sailed) OR accept the wrongdoing and accept the "starting afresh" at the bottom i.e. div 3. Sorry but starting in Div 3 with a whole lot of baggage, yet to be determined is NOT a fresh start.

If a fresh start is not genuinely what Scottish football want then quite frankly if I was Green I'd look to the Conference. A fresh start should be a fresh start...no strings...end of!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 23:38

So if "Newco Rangers" have no players and they aren't allowed to bring in new players - how is that going to work?

Is "newco Rangers" immune from legal charges from old Rangers creditors including HMRC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettybhoyfloyd Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 7:25

The Galveston Giant wrote:I'm not mate no.

Would you have any idea about the number of season tickets Rangers have sold so far, just been hearing conflicting rumours.

Prettybhoyfloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 8:19

JAS wrote:I'm hanging tenously by a very very thin thread, either this is the old company or it isn't. If a 3 division demotion aint enough "punishment" then I will simply lose all interest in any supposed integrity in Scottish football. To me it should be one or the other...stay in the SPL and be hit with long term crippling sanctions (no long an option, that ship has sailed) OR accept the wrongdoing and accept the "starting afresh" at the bottom i.e. div 3. Sorry but starting in Div 3 with a whole lot of baggage, yet to be determined is NOT a fresh start.

If a fresh start is not genuinely what Scottish football want then quite frankly if I was Green I'd look to the Conference. A fresh start should be a fresh start...no strings...end of!!

You would think being demoted to the bottom league in the country and losing all your players for nothing was bad enoough but it seems there's no end to it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 8:21

Prettybhoyfloyd wrote:

Would you have any idea about the number of season tickets Rangers have sold so far, just been hearing conflicting rumours.

Some definately sold as they were to be given new prices on D3 but I don't think it will be much at all at the minute.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 8:30

If only 5,000 fans turn up for the first game then newco are dead in the water.
50,000 and they are back in business.
That is going to be an interesting watch.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettybhoyfloyd Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 8:43

The Galveston Giant wrote:
Prettybhoyfloyd wrote:

Some definately sold as they were to be given new prices on D3 but I don't think it will be much at all at the minute.

How much do you think Brown's protest has had on the sales? I would imagine that the first home match would be close to a sell out in any case.

Prettybhoyfloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 9:43

JAS wrote:I'm hanging tenously by a very very thin thread, either this is the old company or it isn't. If a 3 division demotion aint enough "punishment" then I will simply lose all interest in any supposed integrity in Scottish football. To me it should be one or the other...stay in the SPL and be hit with long term crippling sanctions (no long an option, that ship has sailed) OR accept the wrongdoing and accept the "starting afresh" at the bottom i.e. div 3. Sorry but starting in Div 3 with a whole lot of baggage, yet to be determined is NOT a fresh start.

A fresh start would be in the juniors until they have the correct accounts to apply to the SFL eg Annan. If they are still Rangers (getting demoted) then sanctions should still stand.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 10:41

You would think being demoted to the bottom league in the country and losing all your players for nothing was bad enoough but it seems there's no end to it.

Different punishments for different matters though. Being liquidated means you need to start at the bottom of the pile. They are a new club entering the SFL just like Annan when they replaced Gretna. Other punishments for things like dual contracts if it can be proven although everyone knew it happened and signing players and not paying for them deserve to be punished.

A 1 year transfer embargo and stripping of trophies from the old Rangers seems pretty fair.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 12:55

I understand they can replace a player who has left but he may have screwed that for the moment by challenging the players who left. They are supposed to be playing in the cup a week on saturday but its not looking likely. The re still a lot of things to be sorted out but nothing seems to be getting sorted quick.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 14:01

That was always going to be the problem. There was no rules set in place for clubs getting into the sort of trouble Rangers have found themselves in. That is a bit strange when you consider how close many clubs are from getting into serious trouble financially.

The whole Rangers situation has shown how badly run our game is. At times stuff has been getting made up as they go along. If this brings anything good it could be that we eventually have a body capable of running the game. I wouldn't hold my breath mind you.

The punishments for offences should be set out and then everyone knows where they stand.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 16:19

Prettybhoyfloyd wrote:
Prettybhoyfloyd wrote:

How much do you think Brown's protest has had on the sales? I would imagine that the first home match would be close to a sell out in any case.

Ticket sales were always going to be down considering the lack of trust but there's no doubt Browns call and that of other ex players has had a huge affect. Until such times green explains himself to the fans properly this will continue to be the case.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 19:44

Prettybhoyfloyd wrote:
Prettybhoyfloyd wrote:

Ticket sales were always going to be down considering the lack of trust but there's no doubt Browns call and that of other ex players has had a huge affect. Until such times green explains himself to the fans properly this will continue to be the case.

Ally mcoists silence in this matter says a lot.

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 19:45

Ending up in division three is the result of not existing and then forming a new company. Rangers were liquidated after going through administration, none of which are a punishment for breaking the leagues rules. A failed business but no punishment.

In theory there is no reason to admit the newco to div 3 over any number of clubs outside the SFL league structure. In order to gain that entry and get preferential treatment compared to all the other clubs outside the league it seems fair that the newco should take on some of the footballing punishments rangers would have faced had terrible finances not taken care of them.

Remember that new gretna were not automatically let back into the league structure and ask why it is that the newco has or should be?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 3:46

first shock result of the season!!

last night 3rd div minnows rangers beat the much fancied 1st div airdrie utd 2.1. bet that was a coupon buster Shocked

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 10:01

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:first shock result of the season!!

last night 3rd div minnows rangers beat the much fancied 1st div airdrie utd 2.1. bet that was a coupon buster Shocked

laughing
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 19:01

brechin have put there prices up v rangers in the ramsdens cup, adult £16 child £8

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 21:22

McLaren wrote:Ending up in division three is the result of not existing and then forming a new company. Rangers were liquidated after going through administration, none of which are a punishment for breaking the leagues rules. A failed business but no punishment.

In theory there is no reason to admit the newco to div 3 over any number of clubs outside the SFL league structure. In order to gain that entry and get preferential treatment compared to all the other clubs outside the league it seems fair that the newco should take on some of the footballing punishments rangers would have faced had terrible finances not taken care of them.

Remember that new gretna were not automatically let back into the league structure and ask why it is that the newco has or should be?

Mac there comes a time when enough is enough and I think that line was crossed when liquidation became inevitable. When a business goes into liquidation and a new one emerges in it's place, it doesn't have the baggage of the previous one, why should a football business be any different? Had they come out of Administration intact, that would have been an entirely different matter. The fact is for a whole bunch of reasons and actions within and outwith Ibrox they didn't. By all means pursue the despotic individuals who ran the club into the ground but when a new fledging business emerges it needs encouraged not flogged for the sins of it's predecessor.

There's a lot of things going on here... for starters

1. For the first time in generations, non Old Firm Team supporters are blessed with a sense of optimism because there's now only one dominant force (which in itself will only weaken over the next 2-3 years due to the eradication of it's historical and closely matched rival). That's fine, fair play to them and it would be good to see other clubs mount a serious challenge and even have a bit of a run in Europe too.

2. There's also an undercurrent that one of the school bullies is on the playground floor, for all the misery that's been heaped on non Old Firm teams over decades, their frequent sense of hopelessness at their ability to seriously compete on a long term basis against the Old Firm, here's a chance to kick and keep on kicking...because they can, unleashing decades of jealousy, even hatred of the erstwhile bully. Make no mistake, much as I don't like it, I completely accept the bully fully deserved to hit the deck

The thing is there's no teachers in the playground to come to the rescue of the ailing bully. To be honest the various governing bodies have shown over the past few weeks that they're entirely incapable of running the school bloody tuckshop!! Regardless of whether I have Rangers sympathies or not, and I'd say this if Celtic were in the same position. Scottish Football in general will do well do focus on 1. above and not 2.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:11

JAS wrote:
Mac there comes a time when enough is enough and I think that line was crossed when liquidation became inevitable. When a business goes into liquidation and a new one emerges in it's place, it doesn't have the baggage of the previous one, why should a football business be any different? Had they come out of Administration intact, that would have been an entirely different matter. The fact is for a whole bunch of reasons and actions within and outwith Ibrox they didn't. By all means pursue the despotic individuals who ran the club into the ground but when a new fledging business emerges it needs encouraged not flogged for the sins of it's predecessor.

If the newco is truly a new club they wouldn't even be allowed into the 3rd division. They would need 4 years(i think) accounts. They are trying to get Rangers old share transferred hence why sanctions should stand against them. They are trying to get rid of the old bad baggage but keep all the "good stuff" (players, name, a place in professional Scottish football).

They need to take the sanctions or jump about the juniors for 4 years.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:29

Enough players have left that he can replace with younger talent so i don't see why the transfer embargo is a problem.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:36

RDuncan8 wrote:
JAS wrote:

If the newco is truly a new club they wouldn't even be allowed into the 3rd division. They would need 4 years(i think) accounts. They are trying to get Rangers old share transferred hence why sanctions should stand against them. They are trying to get rid of the old bad baggage but keep all the "good stuff" (players, name, a place in professional Scottish football).

They need to take the sanctions or jump about the juniors for 4 years.

You're so predictable RD...surprised you never also reiterated demands they be stripped of everything they've won since 19 oatcake, strangely amiss of you Wink. From my original post it's quite easy to deduce that you're more 2. minded than 1. I suppose you're not alone and unfortunately it's attitudes similar to yours existing in people that actually do (unlike you) have influence, that will keep Scottish fooball's depressing slide into oblivion alive.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:40

Are they being liquidated or not? I imagine not.

Another point I'm irritated at is that it was a choice of Rangers in 1st Division and revamp of Scottish Football OR Rangers in 3rd Division and no revamp of Scottish Football Leagues. Why not Rangers in 3rd Division and revamp of Scottish Football Leagues? Doncaster is a bully and the sooner we are rid of him the better.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:43

Rules are rules. If it turns out they should be stripped of titles then so be it. (I have no idea if they can be). Would happen in any other sport/league, why should Rangers be different.

What's the point in having the rules (4 years accounts) if they're not stuck to.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:45

The Special Juan wrote:Are they being liquidated or not? I imagine not.

Another point I'm irritated at is that it was a choice of Rangers in 1st Division and revamp of Scottish Football OR Rangers in 3rd Division and no revamp of Scottish Football Leagues. Why not Rangers in 3rd Division and revamp of Scottish Football Leagues? Doncaster is a bully and the sooner we are rid of him the better.

Think that's the main reason most clubs told them to shove it. Disgrace trying bargain Rangers back in with a rushed attempt of reconstruction. Think it was Clyde that put out some very good statements about it. Totally picked apart any sfl/spl document proposals.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:50

I'll look it up tomorrow and post it here if I find it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:51

Kerkar looks set to sign for Charlton, i really thought he would be a first team player for Rangers now. Shame as i don't think he's good enough to be playing regularly with them although i've not seen them in a while to be fair.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 22:54

Neil Doncaster leaving Norwich was the best thing that ever happened to my football club. And now he is doing the same to Scottish Football. Sorry but why was he appointed anyway. Look at his history, he took us to the brink of administration.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 23:01

RDuncan8 wrote:Rules are rules. If it turns out they should be stripped of titles then so be it. (I have no idea if they can be). Would happen in any other sport/league, why should Rangers be different.

What's the point in having the rules (4 years accounts) if they're not stuck to.

So why weren't Marsellies stripped of the European Cup in 1993?. Blatant match fixing (i.e. real cheating), The French FA to be fair to them demoted them but UEFA bottled it.

Not sure the point you're trying to make with the 4 year thing. Are you trying to say that the SFL's constitution and/or Articles of Association contain a clause stating that any application for membership from a new company can only be accepted if the company have 4 years accounts? Do you genuinely believe it would be in Scottish footballs best interests to leave Rangers on the shelf for 4 years or have them in the junior ranks?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 23:09

The Special Juan wrote:Are they being liquidated or not? I imagine not.

I thought liquidation had either happened or was inevitable.

Couldn't agree more on your other point but I don't think he's hard enough to be a bully, just a bumbling clown. Like I said in an earlier post, these fools charged with running the Scottish game couldn't run a school tuck shop. The same goes for all their predecessors that have been involved in negotiating TV deals in the past 15 years.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 7:08

JAS wrote:
RDuncan8 wrote:Rules are rules. If it turns out they should be stripped of titles then so be it. (I have no idea if they can be). Would happen in any other sport/league, why should Rangers be different.

So why weren't Marsellies stripped of the European Cup in 1993?. Blatant match fixing (i.e. real cheating), The French FA to be fair to them demoted them but UEFA bottled it.

Not sure the point you're trying to make with the 4 year thing. Are you trying to say that the SFL's constitution and/or Articles of Association contain a clause stating that any application for membership from a new company can only be accepted if the company have 4 years accounts? Do you genuinely believe it would be in Scottish footballs best interests to leave Rangers on the shelf for 4 years or have them in the junior ranks?

I guess if they got away with it then it's ok then? Scraping around for stuff 20 years ago to try and justify Rangers actions as not "real cheating"

SFA club licensing section 8.1.2 http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartTwo-NationalClubLicensing/8%20%20Legal%20Admin%20&%20Finance%20Criteria%20%282%29.pdf

Doesn't matter what I think the best interests are, they need to take sanction if they transfer share or get 3 years audited accounts like any other new club would have to. No special treatment, they don't deserve it.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 9:12

Bitter sheep?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 9:44

Just think the rules should be applied. It would be no fuss for any other non OF club.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 10:25

Goian is to stay at Ibrox, nice. I wish he would make his mind up though i hope this is his final decision.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 12:11

"Celtic manager Neil Lennon has reiterated his call for Rangers to be stripped of titles won over the past decade if they are found guilty of signing players on illegal contracts.

Rangers could face losing the five Scottish Premier League crowns and four Scottish Cups they won between 2002 and 2011 if allegations of wrongful registration of players is proven by an SPL commission's investigation.

Lennon would consider it "a moral victory" for the Hoops, who were runners-up for all five of their Old Firm rivals' most recent SPL successes. Quoted in the Daily Mail, the Northern Irishman said: "I will see what the commission finds and, if they are found to have broken the rules, then they should be stripped of their titles."

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/lennon-seeks-recognition-for-hoops/news/anzeigen_96642.html

So do the trophies get re-awarded?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 12:39

The Special Juan wrote:

So do the trophies get re-awarded?

Tough question, whose to say whoever finished runner-up would have won. Think if they have to remove them, they should just leave them unawarded. Seems a bit hollow if you were awarded trophies from years back. Think only Celtic fans are worried about getting awarded them to catch up on total amount of trophies.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 15:30

I read the Clyde statement. It was very interesting and very correct. Doncaster is a dreadful man and we need him out the game. Beware if you click on the link an advert will start playing rather loudly on the top right.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/clyde/109292-in-full-clyde-fcs-statement-after-sfl-meeting-over-newco-rangers/

I'd love to see the SFL break away in protest. I doubt they'd survive 5 minutes but it would be interesting to see the reaction to that from Doomcaster.

I'd like to see the trophies awarded. Hollow indeed but it might fill a bit of space up in some clubs other than Celtic's trophy cabinet.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 19:03

Hemmings facing lengthy absence

Striker not expected to return from knee injury until 2013

Rangers have suffered another blow following the news that striker Kane Hemmings is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

The 21-year-old picked up his third serious knee injury at the start of July while training at Murray Park and could be out until the end of the year.

His absence is certain to hit boss Ally McCoist's plans as Rangers prepare for life in division three of the Scottish Football League.

In a statement on the club's official website, Hemmings said: "It's really frustrating to have had to go through another operation and it's annoying that I'm going to be out for so long again.

"I felt good going into pre-season but then the problem flared up in the first couple of days and the surgeon said I needed surgery again.

"It's up to me now to make sure I work hard in my rehabilitation and get back to the level of fitness I would like to be at.

"I still feel I can get there, even after all the problems I've experienced, and I'm grateful to the club for giving me such welcome support throughout my injury problems."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7913952/Hemmings-facing-lengthy-absence
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 20 Jul 2012 - 15:13

Aluko looks set to sign for Hull.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Fri 20 Jul 2012 - 19:09

Newco accept year long transfer ban starting 1st September. Share almost transferred.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Jul 2012 - 15:14

Rangers Accept £800k Fee from Southampton for Steve Davis

Rangers have confirmed an undisclosed fee has been agreed with Southampton to allow midfielder Steven Davis to finalise his move to St Mary’s.

Davis agreed a three-year contract with the Premier League new boys earlier this month and was hoping to join Saints for free after refusing to transfer his contract to the newco Rangers.

However, a bid reported to be worth £800,000 has now been accepted by Rangers and chief executive Charles Green is pleased with the outcome.

Green told Rangers’ official website: “I am delighted that we have agreed terms over the transfer of Steven Davis.

“Southampton have acted in good faith during the process. We wish them every success and they have signed a player who will undoubtedly make a great contribution to their club – just as he did at Ibrox.”

SOURCE: Sky Sports

Davis became the latest in an ever growing line of players to leave Ibrox this summer as the talented midfielder signed a three year deal with Southampton and returns to the English top tier where he previously plied his trade with Aston Villa and Fulham.

Rangers had be looking for compensation from the loss of players who had opted to not sign ‘newco’ contracts but the players themselves had been informed by SPL PFA lawyers that they were free to leave as free agents.

The 27 year old Northern Irish international follows Kyle Lafferty, Jamie Ness and Danny Whittaker who all recently refused to sign ‘newco’ contracts and were then able to move on free transfers.

Davis made over 200 appearances for the Glasgow side over five season, winning three SPL titles in the process.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/21/rangers-accept-800k-fee-from-southa
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Jul 2012 - 15:35

Club did not agree to accept SFA’s transfer embargo, says Ally McCoist

ALLY McCoist has reacted angrily to the Scottish Football Association after it announced that newco Rangers had accepted sanctions including a transfer embargo to secure their membership.

The governing body released a statement last night which said that there would be a one-year registration embargo placed on Rangers, starting on September 1.

It read: “The Scottish FA indicated to Sevco Scotland Ltd that they had to accept responsibility for any sanctions arising out of this case as a condition of transfer of membership. Rather than convening the Appellate Tribunal to determine from the sanctions available to it, the company directors of Sevco Scotland Ltd have chosen to accept the 12-month registration embargo. This embargo will begin on 1st September 2012 and end on 31st August 2013.”

But today Ibrox manager McCoist denied that the club had agreed to a transfer embargo and claimed they had been punished enough.

McCoist told the Rangers website: “I am extremely disappointed that the SFA chose to release a statement last night when the club has not actually signed any agreement.

“The club is trying to get to a position where we can plan for the season, which starts in only eight days.

“We have had meetings with the SFA all week to discuss membership but I had to leave the final meeting as I could not support the sanctions they were trying to impose.

“The decision has already been taken to place Rangers in Division 3 and we have accepted that, along with many more punishments. However, operating with an embargo on an already depleted first team squad - even with a window to sign players - will make the task ahead an extremely difficult one.

“It is important to remember we have already had a 10 point deduction from the SPL, lost our Champions League place for finishing second last season, had a £160,000 fine, been refused entry to the SPL, been relegated to Division 3 and lost the majority of our first team squad - yet still the governing body has chosen to impose further sanctions.

“The transfer ban has been strongly resisted by me, the management team, the directors and supporters. Indeed The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund appointed a QC to defend the club’s position as the sanction was not available to the Appellate Tribunal.

“From a business point of view I can understand the position the board has been placed in and ultimately they felt they had no choice but to accept some sanctions in order to move forward - as one of the alternatives could have led to the extinction of the club.”

McCoist also said that he would fight any attempts to strip Rangers of titles after reports emerged last week that the SPL could seek to take back trophies won during the EBT years at Ibrox.

“The Rangers fans have been magnificent throughout this entire process and on behalf of everyone at the club I would like to thank them once again for their loyalty.

“I can also assure every Rangers fan I will not be accepting any talk of stripping the club of titles. That is something we will never accept and everyone at the club shares this view.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/rangers-newco-club-did-not-agree-to-accept-sfa-s-transfer-embargo-says-ally-mccoist-1-2425462
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 21 Jul 2012 - 15:36

Why have they bothered with compensation if they didn't need to pay it?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Jul 2012 - 15:44

I think just incase there is any fallback, Coventry agreed terms with Rangers for Fleck also. Not sure the european teams will give up money so easy though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Jul 2012 - 17:56

SFL rule out stripping Rangers of League Cups won during EBT era

THE Scottish Football League has no plans to consider stripping Rangers of the six League Cups won between 2001 and 2010, even if the club is found guilty of making undisclosed payments to players via Employee Benefit Trusts during those years.

The two other governing bodies, the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Premier League, have worked on a draft document which proposes stripping Rangers of five league titles and four Scottish Cups if an ongoing investigation finds the club guilty of breaking rules by not disclosing payments made via EBTs.

But the League Cup is run by the Scottish Football League and Rangers won that trophy in 2001-02, 2002-03, 2004-05, 2007-08, 2009-10 and 2010-11, all of which were within the 2001-2010 period in which EBTs were used.

David Longmuir, the SFL chief executive, attended the Scottish Communities League Cup first round draw with First Minister Alex Salmond yesterday – they announced the Scottish Government will sponsor the cup for £1.7m this season – as Rangers were drawn against East Fife.

Longmuir played down the likelihood of his organisation taking back trophies won by Rangers. "Not at this stage," he said. "We are 'business as usual' at this moment.

"From the day we announced that Rangers would be in the third division my only thought was how to rebuild the game, get investment back in and take the game forward. I'm not looking back any more. I'm getting to the point now where I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I can see the game beginning to get back on its feet."

The SFL is still awaiting feedback from its media partner, IMG Media, having commissioned the agency to test the market for a package of 25 Scottish League games including newco Rangers this season. An SPL bid of £1m was rejected, which suggested the SFL believes much more could be raised.

"We have a broadcasting deal in place for the League Cup with the BBC and we still have another year to run. As far as the league is concerned we're currently at very early days in terms of having a look at what interest there is in SFL games. I know there is a huge interest in our new club [newco Rangers] and that will drive a lot of media attention. I'm sure there will be value in that, but in context."

Salmond said he would not attempt to persuade BSkyB to maintain its deal with the SPL. Salmond's friendship with Rupert Murdoch has led to calls for him to intervene.

"That is a matter for the football authorities and the broadcasters," said the First Minister. "I have made it clear that any help I can give, we will give. So let's leave it at that and see what announcements are made.

"Looking around to what distinct initiative the government could make, without interfering in the football authorities' rights to their own affairs, I thought enhancing our sponsorship of the Scottish Communities League Cup would be a step forward."

Of the £1.7m sponsorship, £500,000 is from the Cashback for Communities programme, in which money seized from criminals is redirected to youth initiatives.

Rangers, who were unseeded in the draw held at Stenhousemuir's Ochilview, were represented by the head of their youth department, Jimmy Sinclair. He saw them paired with East Fife in what will be the newco club's first competitive home fixture. Ties will be held on Saturday August 4 although Rangers' could be moved because Celtic are at home to Aberdeen in the SPL that day.

Sinclair was optimistic that manager Ally McCoist's impoverished squad, now reliant on several youth players, could handle the third division. "I think a Rangers jersey is a heavy jersey no matter which forum you're playing in," he said. "But the boys who have come into the team in the past have handled themselves well and I've no reason to suspect anything other than the ones who are with us now, albeit they are a bit younger, will handle it as well. It is now a bit of a grey area, what constitutes a first team player and what constitutes a youth player!"

Rangers' home attendances are difficult to predict, but the novelty of the club's first match at Ibrox is sure to draw a large crowd. That will benefit East Fife, who will receive 50% of the gate receipts after 15% is removed for expenses. "We will be the first visitors at Ibrox and I would think we would get a big turnout," said Sid Columbine, chairman of the second division club. "The Rangers supporters have had a bad time and it's hard lines on them because they are the innocent victims in all of this. I hope they turn up and help us out."

Meanwhile a source close to the owner of Napoli, Aurelio de Laurentiis, denied reports that the Italian businessman was interested in making a takeover bid for the newco Rangers. "De Laurentiis said that Scotland was an option a few years ago. Now there is nothing concrete," said the source.

DRAW

Tuesday, July 31

Peterhead v Dundee

Saturday, August 4

Queen of the South v Alloa Athletic, Stranraer v Livingston, Raith Rovers v Berwick Rangers, Stenhousemuir v Brechin City, Montrose v Cowdenbeath, Ayr United v Clyde, Dumbarton v Albion Rovers, Forfar Athletic v Partick Thistle, Falkirk v Elgin City, Hamilton Academical v Annan Athletic. Arbroath v Stirling Albion

Sunday, August 5

East Stirlingshire v Morton

To be confirmed

Queen's Park v Airdrie United

Rangers v East Fife

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/sfl-rule-out-stripping-rangers-of-league-cups-won-during-ebt-era.18210068
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Jul 2012 - 18:10

Newco Rangers 2012/13 Umbro Third Shirt

Newco Rangers is the new team which has replaced bankrupt club Glasgow Rangers, runner-up in the 2011/12 season even though 10 points were deducted for entering administration, and winner of 54 Scottish League Championships. The team as founded again in 2012 will start competing in the Scottish Third Division after attempts to remain in the top Scottish league proved futile.

Even though players’ contracts were disputed with the newly formed club, Umbro still maintain their technical kit provider contract with the club. This is the third kit that Newco Rangers will wear during the 2012/13 season in the fourth level of the Scottish league system. The shirt has a black base colour with vertical light blue pinstripes and a light blue edge to the sides and back of the V-neck collar and to the sleeves.

Spoiler:

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/RangersThird.jpg
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 21 Jul 2012 - 19:28

Galviston

Do you have any idea why rangers have rushed to get back into the league this season as opposed to waiting until a more sustainable operation could have been set up in a years time? By waiting it could have been possible to resurrect a club totally owned by the fans without having to pander to the whims of mr green.

Do you know if anyone will actually sponsor a club which is rangers only in name and nothing else? Even then they are actually called sevco or something.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next