The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers News

+54
ncfc_Tooze
cherriesfna
barragan
McLaren
Soldier_Of_Fortune
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
JamesLincs
drsambo1928
Shifty
Geordie
Prettybhoyfloyd
Dave.
davidl1061
Gregers
Luke
sportform
GSC
CaledonianCraig
superflyweight
Kenny
DJ Legless
Adam D
Gordy
The Special Juan
RDuncan8
Hero
lorus59
cabbagesandbrussels
Enforcer
BigPhil
Ayrshirebhoy
Lee
Il Gialloblu
Dass
6oldenbhoy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Doon the Water
RinoGattuso
marcellus wallace
Dr Gregory House MD
Mat
liegerwoods
Nay
JAS
Josiah Maiestas
Kay Fabe
super_realist
Celtic Warrior
User Name
monty junior
tarka
Crimey
TipToes88
The Galveston Giant
58 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rangers News - Page 7 Empty Rangers News

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 14 Aug 2011, 4:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Updates on Rangers Transfer news.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Rangers News - Page 7 Empty Re: Rangers News

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:55 pm

Seems like they have went for more money Nore Staat, although you can't blame them i suppose. Getting 14 Million instead of 10 Million which would only have been paid back at 1 Million a year and only when Champions League football was being played, i think.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:42 pm

Brian Kennedy makes 'improved offer' for club

Brian Kennedy says he has made an "improved offer" to take control of Rangers and is awaiting a response from the club's administrators.

The Sale Sharks owner held informal talks with Duff & Phelps on Wednesday.

Kennedy's initial offer was rejected and he indicated he would not return to the bidding process whilst Paul Murray's group remained in the frame.

However, Murray's Blue Knights have stepped back from the process as two other bids remain on the table .

These are from American Bill Miller and a Singapore group led by Bill Ng.

A German consortium was also linked with a bid but, like Kennedy, they were not invited to make a best and final offer by Duff & Phelps.

The Blue Knights, with Ticketus as a partner, had appeared to be front-runner to take the club over and they had hoped to be named as preferred bidder on Friday.

They were asked to provide a £500,000 non-refundable deposit for exclusivity and Murray told BBC Scotland that Ticketus was not prepared to provide this cash for the administrators.

And he added it had become clear Ticketus had agreed a "substantially" better deal with Ng's group of investors.

Ng denied any such deal had been reached with the firm that financed Craig Whyte's takeover of Rangers last year, but he remained hopeful that his bid would win.

A spokesman for Ticketus, who have rights to £27m of season ticket revenue at Rangers' Ibrox Stadium for the next three seasons, told the Press Association: "Despite some reports we have been talking to Paul Murray by phone on and off since Monday, we are still talking about a possible joint bid.

"We are also still in discussion with the Singaporean bidders."

Both Murray and Ng wish to attempt an exit from administration by way of a company voluntary arrangement, while it is understood Miller's preference is for Rangers to emerge as a "newco" through liquidation.

Kennedy said on Tuesday he did "not want to distract the time-critical process of appointing preferred bidders".

But he added: "However, should this fall through with the effect of endangering the existence of RFC, I would reconsider my position."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17683898
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Apr 2012, 12:31 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:...Both Murray and Ng wish to attempt an exit from administration by way of a company voluntary arrangement, while it is understood Miller's preference is for Rangers to emerge as a "newco" through liquidation.
Surely Miller's preference for liquidation won't be acceptable to HMRC and other creditors.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:39 am

Personally i want NG to win the bid at this stage, Miller won't be accepted if he wishes to push liquidation.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

I just heard bill ng had pulled out. This is bad news.

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:46 am

Really bad news, will be because of Tickitus, they want 17 Million now, assholes.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

Miller outlines Gers bid

US-based businessman tells others to 'put up or shut up'

Bill Miller has unveiled plans for an £11.2million bid for Rangers which would create what he has described as an 'incubator' company.

The American businessman is hoping to take control at Ibrox and believes he has found a solution that would allow Duff and Phelps to take the club out of administration through a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement.

He believes a straight CVA would be too risky and prolonged and says his idea would be the best way forward for the club, although he will suspend his offer until Monday to allow other bidders to 'put up or shut up'

"In order to preserve the club's history, records, championships and assets, I will put the heart of the club into an 'incubator' company while Duff and Phelps works to make the sick patient healthy through a CVA process that effectively works to radiate the toxicity of past administrations' sins out of the patient while the healthy heart is preserved and moves forward," he said in a statement released hours after Singapore businessman Bill Ng withdrew his bid.

Miller has decided to speak out in an effort to set the record straight after seeing "inaccuracies" about his bid reported or intimated by others.

He said: "Most importantly, I am doing this now so that Rangers fans and supporters can judge my bid and plans for the club on their actual merits - rather than rumours and innuendo.
No liquidation plans

"Despite constant rumours and suggestions by others, I have proposed a purchase of the club through a CVA from the beginning. I have no plans for liquidation of the club."

But he added: "All of the groundswell created in the attempt to indicate that a CVA is a simple solution to save the club and its history is simply a naive understanding of how this CVA process would work and the risks associated."

Miller revealed he had refused to speak to Craig Whyte or Ticketus, who gave the club £30.5million in funds during the majority shareholder's tenure in return for future season ticket sales.

"It is difficult for me to see how any parties who were present when this awful situation was created can be a legitimate part of the solution," said Miller, who owns a Tennessee-based towing and vehicle recovery firm.

He believes Ticketus, who are owed £26.7million, would block any CVA, resulting in lengthy legal proceedings.

"This would place additional penalties on Rangers as long as they remain in administration," he said.

"Obviously, the longer the process dragged on without a resolution, the less viable the club would become. If this process continued on for a long period without resolution, the inevitable result would be real liquidation."

Miller then explained his "incubation" approach that he claims will save Rangers, protect its history and give it a fresh start.

He added: "Once the CVA process has been completed and the patient is on the mend, the administrators will return Rangers Football Club plc to me for a nominal sum.

"The healthy heart and the healthy patient (The Rangers Football Club plc) will then be reunited through merger."
Contingent

However, Miller's bid includes the condition that the Scottish Premier League do not impose sanctions on the club next season. The SPL meet on April 30th to discuss new financial fair play proposals relating to clubs in administration or going into liquidation.

He said: "I have held a series of talks over the past week with officials from the SPL and SFA in an effort to ensure Rangers play in the 2012/13 season without further points deductions, fines or other punitive sanctions, relating to either the terms of my purchase or the actions of the prior administrations, beyond those levied during the 2011/12 season.

"My offer is contingent upon the regulatory bodies agreeing that the club will begin play in the 2012/13 season in the SPL and that they will do so without any loss of points and with all historic titles intact. I will not acquire the club unless I receive written assurances from both regulatory bodies to this effect.

"It is my strong view that Rangers and their fans should not continue to be punished in the future for the past failures of others. Rangers need a fresh start and I will always stand up for the club.

"Although it was my intention to wire the required deposit tomorrow to secure preferred bidder status, I have notified Duff & Phelps that my offer is to be suspended until Monday to give anyone else interested in acquiring Rangers time to complete their bid and put down the £500,000 deposit.

"I would not want anyone to have the impression that my offer is not the best one for the club. So I now put it to the other suitors who claim to want what is best for Rangers. If you sincerely want to save Rangers, the time has come for you to put up or shut up.

"I will agree to stand down until Monday to allow any and all 'saviours' to step up and claim the club by paying the required deposit and entering into an agreement to purchase. The time for talk is over. The club is in serious jeopardy of dying. 'Real' liquidation is looming.

"If no-one else steps up by Monday, then I will assume everyone is done talking and I am the only one serious about saving Rangers."

In the meantime, Miller will continue talks with the football authorities and encouraged Rangers fans, players and Ally McCoist to give their opinions on his plans.

He finished his statement by saying: "Time is running out to save Rangers."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7687853/
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:03 am

Bill Ng has withdrawn his bid to buy Rangers.

The Singaporean businessman said he had "serious concerns" over the deliverability of shares on offer.

Ng stated that the bidding process has "become untenable," adding that he made the announcement with "deep regret". ...

In a statement outlining his reasons, Ng said: "Recent developments in the bidding process, with unwarranted and unexplained delays, have prompted our withdrawal from the process.

"After lengthy negotiations with a number of key stakeholders, we have serious concerns over the deliverability of the shares on offer to gain control of the club, in a time frame that will allow us to exit the administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

"Exiting via CVA has always been, not only our preferred option but, the only option we and especially the fans would countenance to protect the history of this great club.

"We would like to highlight that we have become increasingly uncomfortable and frustrated with the process dealing with Duff & Phelps, and the length of time that it has taken to reach this stage. As of today, there is no indication of a preferred bidder.

"We have also noted the ever increasing uncertainties and complexities in the bidding process. Such situation has made the bidding process untenable and with great uncertainties."

Ng added that he may revive his bid for the club, should administrators fail to reach any agreement with other interested parties.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17783064

ps - No mention of Ticketus in this explanantion. Has this this anything to do with Craig Whyte as Bill Ng talks about "concerns over the deliverability of the shares on offer ..."?

Last edited by Nore Staat on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:04 am

Kennedy and Knights move to hijack Miller's takeover of Rangers

Brian Kennedy and the Blue Knights are working together to scupper controversial American Bill Miller's bid for Rangers - and have been given until Monday to come up with a rescue package.

Increasingly desperate administrators Duff & Phelps last night warned that, without an alternative on the table, they will have no choice but to name Miller as preferred bidder on Monday.

His convoluted plans to duck £100million-plus of debt would put Rangers on a direct collision course with Scotland's football authorities as they grapple with new rules on financial fair play.

But Duff & Phelps representative Paul Clark confirmed that the club faces running out of money in a matter of weeks, making an imminent sale vital if liquidation is to be avoided.

Insisting they will proceed with Miller 'if no further and better bid comes along', Clark - who admitted that completing a deal by the end of the season now seems unlikely - also said that talks with former Rangers director Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium would continue over the weekend.

And the chances of the home-grown bid trumping the transatlantic takeover appeared to have strengthened with the late conversion of rugby magnate Kennedy.

He told Sportsmail: 'I have been speaking extensively with Paul (Murray) to try to find a solution.'

Asked how that might work, the Sale Sharks owner - who has always insisted he wouldn't work in a consortium - added: 'We are working at that.'

Sportsmail understands that Kennedy has been in talks with Ticketus and the London-based firm's involvement would be an important lever in persuading disgraced former owner Craig Whyte to part with his shareholding.

Clark warned: 'Without season-ticket sales, the money would run out towards the end of May or early June. From that point of view, we really do need to proceed with one of these bids.

'Bill Miller had said: "Put up or shut up" and we really are in the position that, if no further and better bid comes along, we will proceed with him next week.

'He has made it clear that he wishes to proceed on Monday. If that was the only acceptable bid, then we would prepared to proceed with him.

'We will be able to make a decision and proceed, one way or another, on Monday.

'And I can tell you that earlier today we had continued dialogue with Paul Murray and advisors of the Blue Knights consortium, and the suggestion is that these discussions will continue over the weekend.

'Having placed themselves in a good position, the Blue Knights consortium's withdrawal of their financial commitment to pay an exclusivity fee last week was a real setback for us.

'We have been in contact with the consortium earlier today to confirm they are considering their position as to whether they will be able to make an unconditional bid for the club - including an acceptable exclusivity arrangement. We have not received their unconditional bid.

'We are quite happy to continue discussions with Paul Murray and his colleagues over the weekend.

'I have spoken to Mr Murray on two or three occasions today and have no problem with further discussions.

'If he is still interested to talk, we are interested to talk, but it now comes down to Monday. It has gone on long enough and we have to really bring it to a head once and for all.

'I think it would be foolish for me to give a precise time on Monday. I would hope that during the day we will have in place an exclusivity arrangement with one of the parties, which is what we have sought for the last few weeks. But we have had no bid, so we have not been able to proceed.'

Administrators admit that Miller's £11.2m plan to effectively split Rangers in two, keeping the good and shifting debt on to a separate company, is effectively a 'newco' by another name.

The American claims to have been involved in 'a series of talks' with both the SPL and SFA, although the latter deny having any discussions with him.

Sportsmail understands the SPL board would study any final Miller proposal in detail.

But insiders warn that, if they judge his plan to be a dodge designed to avoid exiting administration through a Company Voluntary Arrangement, Rangers would be subject to any penalties due to be debated by the league on April 30. That would lead Miller to walk away, according to the Tennessee Tow Truck King's own statement, although Clark - who said that the chances of reaching a CVA remain 'in the balance' - insisted: 'Let's make no mistake, this would be an asset purchase- if the Miller bid was proceeded with.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2132974/Brian-Kennedy-Blue-Knights-hijack-Bill-Millers-takeover-Rangers.html
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:09 am

Ng complains of 'unfair treatment' from Ticketus over Rangers bid

The Singaporean businessman claims in a newspaper interview that the company has tripled its asking price.

The Singaporean businessman vying to buy Rangers has accused ticketing firm Ticketus of "not treating foreigners right" in his attempts to put together a rescue package.

In an interview with the Straits Times newspaper on Wednesday, Bill Ng claimed the company had tripled its asking price for its share of the club's debt during negotiations to buy the club.

Ng, who is chairman of S-League club Hougang United, stopped short of announcing he was pulling his five-man consortium out of the race to buy the Ibrox club.

He said: "Despite all the talk of us being the favourites, I'm very frustrated because of the way Ticketus is treating us."

Ticketus struck a £25.3m deal with Rangers owner Craig Whyte to buy 100,000 future season ticket sales at Ibrox.

Should the company fail to reach an agreement with the preferred bidder for the club, administrators Duff and Phelps could breach the Whyte deal, leaving the firm as an ordinary creditor with a claim for £26.7.

Ticketus are also in talks with the Blue Knights consortium, fronted by former Ibrox chairman Paul Murray, which like Ng's group want to use a company voluntary agreement (CVA) to save Rangers from liquidation.

The company confirmed on Tuesday that it had withdrawn an offer to pay administrators Duff and Phelps an exclusivity fee to be named preferred bidder.

A spokesman for Ticketus declined to comment on Mr Ng's claims, but said: "We are talking to all parties every day."

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/304127-ng-complains-of-unfair-treatment-from-ticketus-over-rangers-bid/

There we go mate, seems there's more to it than just Tickitus though think it's the main reason, they keep shifting the goalposts.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:Kennedy and Knights move to hijack Miller's takeover of Rangers

... Sportsmail understands that Kennedy has been in talks with Ticketus and the London-based firm's involvement would be an important lever in persuading disgraced former owner Craig Whyte to part with his shareholding. ...
Does this indicate that Craig Whyte's refusal to part with the shares is the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:14 am

Nore Staat wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Kennedy and Knights move to hijack Miller's takeover of Rangers

... Sportsmail understands that Kennedy has been in talks with Ticketus and the London-based firm's involvement would be an important lever in persuading disgraced former owner Craig Whyte to part with his shareholding. ...
Does this indicate that Craig Whyte's refusal to part with the shares is the problem?

Certainly a big part of the problem, somebody will end up trying to hurt him if he keeps acting like a spoiled brat. He needs to move on with his life.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:14 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:...The Singaporean businessman claims in a newspaper interview that the company has tripled its asking price....
Thanks for the info. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm

Rangers in crisis: US tycoon likely to be named preferred bidder, say administrators
AMERICAN Bill Miller will be named preferred bidder for Rangers on Monday unless rivals up the stakes, administrators revealed yesterday.

But they admitted Miller would put the club into liquidation through a new company, then try to wrest the old one from Craig Whyte.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/business-news/2012/04/21/rangers-in-crisis-us-tycoon-likely-to-be-named-preferred-bidder-say-administrators-86908-23832030/

It seems to me that the key factor in any successful takeover is to "wrest" the shares from Craig Whyte.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:37 am

Isn't the yank insisting that the spl remove sanctions such as points deductions as a condition of his takeover?

No chance of that happening.

I'm struggling to think why anyone would want to takeover any spl team. There is no money to be made, no tv money and nobody watching, no glamour in winning a tinpot league and no Scottish team will ever again qualify for the proper rounds of the champions league in its current form. In fact they'll be struggling to qualify for the Europa league.

You'd have to be mad to put money into a football club in this country so it will be no surprise if they end up liquidated.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:12 pm

Rangers owner Craig Whyte has been banned for life from any involvement in Scottish football.
The Scottish Football Association also imposed a 12-month transfer embargo on the Glasgow giants, who were put into administration in February.
Ally McCoist's men were also docked 10 points in the Scottish Premier League.
Rangers have been fined £160,000 while Whyte - who was charged with not being a fit and proper person to be a director - faces fines of £200,000.
Whyte was charged with three different rule breaches, and found guilty of two, with the other 'not proven'.
Rangers were charged with six breaches, with five guilty charges and one 'not proven'.
An SFA panel met on Friday, with Whyte refusing to appear, but they delayed an announcement until this week.
The SFA adjourned the original hearing on 29 March after Whyte's lawyers asked for more time to prepare a case but the owner failed to attend a procedural hearing on 6 April which was set for him to "lodge a substantive response and for representations to be made as to state of preparation".
Administrators Duff & Phelps have been running the Scottish Premier League club since 14 February.
The SFA said their judicial panel would issue reasons for their findings in "early course" while both parties have three days to appeal following receipt of those reasons.
Speaking about the punishment, Whyte said: "Tell me how it is going to affect me? I couldn't care less. It makes no difference to my life whatsoever - and good luck collecting the money.
"It's a joke. "It is very harsh on Rangers. I am surprised at how harsh the SFA have been on a club which is going through tough times at the moment.
"Stewart Regan (chief executive) and Campbell Ogilvie (president) should resign and get out of Scottish football.
"The SFA want to kick Rangers when they are down and I hope people remember that. They are playing to the media."
A statement from Rangers joint administrator Paul Clark, of Duff & Phelps, read: "All of us working on behalf of the club are utterly shocked and dismayed by the draconian sanctions imposed on Rangers in respect of these charges.
"It appears that on one hand the disciplinary panel accepted our central argument that responsibility for bringing the club into disrepute lay with the actions of one individual - Craig Whyte - as is evident from the unprecedented punishment meted out to him.
"During this hearing the club produced compelling evidence from a number of sources that following his takeover, Craig Whyte ran the club in a thoroughly unaccountable manner, rather than adhering to a long-established and proper form of corporate governance.
"The thrust of the charges against the club focused on non-payment of payroll taxes and evidence was produced that all such decisions in this area were taken by Craig Whyte during his tenure.
"Given this evidence, it is difficult to comprehend that the disciplinary panel has seen fit to effectively punish the club even more heavily than Mr Whyte. As everyone knows, it has already been decided he is not a fit and proper person to run a football club and any further punishment on him will have little or no impact.
"However, for Rangers, a ban on signing players will seriously undermine the club's efforts to rebuild after being rendered insolvent.
"Furthermore, we do not know how bidders for the club will react to these sanctions and what affect they will have on their proposals.
"The club has asked for full written reasons for these decisions and intend to appeal against the findings."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17821054

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:34 am

KYLE LAFFERTY has played his last game for Rangers.

SunSport can reveal a bitter bust-up with Rangers boss Ally McCoist saw the crocked striker suspended last night.

Lafferty has been ordered to stay away from Murray Park and Ibrox for two weeks, and banned from attending the final two home games of the season against Dundee United and Motherwell.

It’s believed the £3.25million hitman, who has a year left on his contract, never wants to play for McCoist again.

The explosive fall-out follows the 24-year-old star’s failure to meet up with the squad last Friday for the trip to Edinburgh and an overnight stay ahead of the 3-0 win over Hearts at Tynecastle.

Livid McCoist summoned Lafferty — who’s currently sidelined by a hernia problem needing surgery — to his office and bluntly ordered him to keep away from Ibrox.

Yet, a source close to the player last night claimed the Gers boss had asked Lafferty to make himself available for action as a sub against the Jambos despite him being clearly unfit.

Lafferty, who played a major role in the last two Rangers’ title triumphs with vital goals, was not willing to take that risk.

The Ulsterman has already made three sub appearances while not 100 per cent fit.

The same source also alleged that McCoist had CANCELLED two planned operations for the Northern Ireland ace, including one pencilled in for Manchester today.

It’s believed Lafferty was scheduled to head south last night to the same private hospital as Gers captain Steven Davis, who WILL get surgery for a similar injury which has ended his season.

Instead, Lafferty has been forced to remain at home and ponder his future.

The ex-Burnley frontman last month joined other top stars, including Allan McGregor, skipper Davis and Steven Naismith, in agreeing a desperate request from Rangers’ administrators to take a 75 per cent wage cut.

SunSport revealed this month that Lafferty, signed in June 2008, had also insisted that in return for slashing his wages he would be available for a potential summer transfer at a cut-price £500,000.

His career at Rangers has been littered with controversy, but he had become a key player under ex-boss Walter Smith and then McCoist.

But now it seems certain he has played his last game for Gers and will get that move away from his boyhood heroes.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Tue 24 Apr 2012, 7:48 am

i hear Craig Whyte has a lifetime ban from scottish football.....I thought he was suppoosed to be punished????!!!!

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 24 Apr 2012, 8:22 am

Sounds like Rangers are going into freefall. A transfer embargo is going to put off any potential buyers and with players falling out with McCoist they could be looking at a very lean year next season - at best.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 24 Apr 2012, 8:50 am

What is the point of fining Whyte when he has no intention to pay.
Looks like liquidation now for Rangers, that will bring a whole new raft of penalties from the SFA.
I think the 2 years at 10 point penalties would be reasonably fair. Relegation to Div 3 [like Livingstone] may be another option but that might cause a loss to the other clubs with TV rights. No one is wanting to see Rangers beating the likes of Forfar 10-0 every week. There would also be a problem with Rangers fans travelling to small provincial grounds/towns.
Rangers have won trophies illegally for many years and their players and club have reaped huge financial benefits on the other SPL clubs.

Ps Cabbages.('Yahoo')

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:15 am

It would bring a bit of cash to all the Div 3 clubs though.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm

I seem to recall a few years ago a huge shock in the Italian League with revelations of widespread corruption - the paying off of referees etc. I seem to recall Juventus being thrown out of the top division.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

With Rangers there are three issues
a) It looks like a big company has been avoiding paying tax (double accounts on big salaried players) - "cheating" ordinary taxpayers who have to make up the shortfall.
b) How was Rangers "allowed" to get itself in this position.
c) Rangers can be considered as one part of a cultural identity of Scotland. When Scotland go independent (I am sure a few more years of the ConDems with an ineffectual and tainted New Labour opposition will see the Scots head that way), I am sure they will wish to strengthen Scottish identity, and the "Old Firm" forms one part of that identity.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 24 Apr 2012, 2:14 pm

Rangers away to East Stirling on the first day of the season has a certain ring to it.
East Stirling would fancy their chances with most rangers players being able to invoke release clauses for their salary reduction and the club not being able to sign anyone.

Hilarious stuff.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:51 pm

It's all going off now, cheers for breaking the news guys.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 24 Apr 2012, 5:51 pm

Nore Staad

I think an independant Scotland would be quite happy to say bye bye to the Old Firm and all their sectarian nonsense.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:19 pm

Doon the Water wrote:Nore Staad

I think an independant Scotland would be quite happy to say bye bye to the Old Firm and all their sectarian nonsense.
I suppose you're right. An independent Scotland would not wish to have reminders of sectarian divides. I seem to remember a while ago Dundee United - playing really well in Europe, and it would be good to have a classy Scottish national team again (days of Archie Gemmel etc).

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

I have to say the outrage from McCoist and the Rangers supporters trust at being punished is a bit much.

Do they think if they pay back 10% of there debt and there are no further sanctions that's fine? Peter Lawell won't stand for that he is a big voice in the SPL and the mickey mouse teams know if they get Lawell on side they can make the rules so they will go with him in order to get what they want.

Punishing them financially is pointless. I would deduct 10 points next season, strip them of any trophies they won over the period of time the EBTs were in effect. They aren't illegal if used properly but Rangers never used them properly so that's cheating, The transfer embargo would stand I would also deduct all TV money due to them until their football debts are paid.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm

I think a few of the smaller clubs will have to be careful, although it makes sense to kick rangers when they are down it could come back to bite them in the ass in the near future.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 25 Apr 2012, 5:43 pm

Guys keep it both clean and drop the attacks please.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 25 Apr 2012, 6:36 pm

New Rangers home kit to be revealed on RangersTV tomorrow.

Was posted on the official Rangers page on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/rangersfc.official

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:49 pm

To anyone that is coming onto this thread with the sole purpose on antagonising or for an old 606 term to wum it then I strongly advise against it, any inflammatory comments shall be removed and possible actions will be taken.

This is a fan thread for Rangers fans.

This is not open for discussion.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

Laugh Brilliant Doon.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:45 pm

Sorry I've just tidied it up again and just cleared everything past my last post.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu 26 Apr 2012, 6:59 pm

Well done Hero.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:32 pm

Dundee United Chairman Wants Calm

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson has called for "cool heads" as Rangers brace themselves for further sanctions on Monday.

The administration-hit Ibrox club are still reeling from the Scottish Football Association's decision this week to impose a fine of £160,000 and a 12-month transfer embargo.

Rangers will appeal against the controversial punishment, which was handed out by the SFA's independent judicial panel after finding the club guilty of five charges in relation to their finances and the appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.

Manager Ally McCoist claimed the panel's decision could kill the club and there has been an angry reaction towards the SFA and panel members from some Light Blues' fans, amid a growing feeling of rebellion in Govan.

However, there could be further trouble for Rangers early next week when the 12 Scottish Premier League clubs vote on whether to introduce tougher punishment for top-flight sides who go into administration or face liquidation.

The proposals include increasing the number of points docked from clubs who go into administration from 10 to at least 15.

If Rangers are forced into liquidation, a 'newco' club would be deducted 10 points for two seasons if accepted straight back into the league and lose 75% of their SPL income over three seasons.

SPL board member Thompson, who helped draft the proposals, told Sky Sports: "Emotions are running very very high across all of Scotland at the moment.

"It is unfortunate the stage it has got to.

"It is a time for cool heads and a bit of reflection on everything that has happened and why have we got to the stage we have got to.

"It is not a great reflection on Scotland as a nation either so hopefully we can all just reflect on it and talk properly and sensibly about the whole thing and the way forward."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/04/26/SOCCER_SPL.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:41 pm

Rangers unveil new kit

Rangers legend Sandy Jardine and youngster Rhys McCabe today helped unveil the Ibrox club's new home kit for the 2012/13 season.

The strip will be worn for the first time in the friendly match with Linfield at Windsor Park on Monday May 7 and goes on sale on Thursday May 24.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist said: "I am sure next season’s home strip will have special meaning to our fans as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of our Cup Winners’ Cup victory in Barcelona and the club’s 140th anniversary."

Spoiler:

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11295
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:54 pm

American tycoon Miller rivals Blue Knights by making bid for crisis club Rangers

Rangers administrators Duff and Phelps have confirmed they have received two formal bids for the club - one from the Blue Knights and one from Bill Miller.

The Blue Knights - fronted by former Ibrox director Paul Murray - have joined forces with Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy and submitted what they described as a 'substantial' written offer to purchase the club this afternoon.

Their bid is subject to a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) being agreed with creditors and the acquisition of current owner Craig Whyte's shares.

American tycoon Miller has also made his interest in the Glasgow giants official, albeit with conditions relating to sanctions imposed on the club by the football authorities.

David Whitehouse, joint administrator, said: 'We can confirm this afternoon that we are in receipt of two formal bids for control of Rangers Football Club.

'Both bids at this stage remain conditional.

'We are in receipt of a bid from Bill Miller, whose bid is conditional on securing greater comfort and clarity from the football authorities in relation to sanctions against Rangers.

'Clearly, the events of last Monday night when the SFA's judicial panel imposed severe and, in our view, unwarranted penalties on the club had a destabilising effect on the sale process.

'However, since then, Mr Miller's bid team have worked to develop a structure which enables the wishes of creditors to be taken into account whilst ensuring that the club is taken forward well-capitalised and the requirements of the footballing authorities are met.

'Mr Miller hopes a solution to all regulatory issues can be found and his team has been in constructive discussions with all relevant parties this week.

'This afternoon Brian Kennedy and Paul Murray submitted a bid which is conditional on a CVA being approved by creditors and we will seek guidance from prominent creditors.

'It is also conditional on the acquisition of the shares of Craig Whyte in the football club and we have asked for this and other points in the bid to be clarified.

'We note the statement today issued by Ticketus and its withdrawal as a potential partner for the Blue Knights. What should be clarified is that neither bid involves liquidation of the football club.

'In terms of quantum, there are significant differences between the two offers in terms of a prospective return to creditors and approach to future funding and these have to be evaluated.

'We will provide a further update as soon as possible.'

Murray claimed Ticketus could be favourable to a CVA but attempts to secure the shares might have to rely on Whyte's goodwill.

The former Rangers director told Sky Sports News: 'I would certainly hope Craig can see this is in the best interests of the club.

'I like to think he would make one last gesture to help Rangers move forward.'

Murray, who was removed from the board by Whyte, parted on good terms with Ticketus. Ticketus are owed £26.7million in season-ticket sales over three years, having provided the club with capital since Whyte took over in May last year, and were originally in talks over securing a £10million return.

'We wanted to go back to the agreement we had originally agreed three weeks ago,' Murray said. 'Ticketus couldn't really offer those terms, I think they were pretty concerned by some of the SPL and SFA announcements. They felt that would make the outlook pretty difficult for the club.

'I wasn't prepared to sign revised terms that weren't in the best interests of the club. We parted amicably. I would like to think they would vote for a CVA and also help in obtaining Craig Whyte's shares.'

On his new partner, who had an improved verbal offer rejected last week, Murray said: 'I have been talking to Brian almost every day for the last three months. We have a very common purpose. I think it adds real muscle to the whole thing.'

Murray had a final message from the administrators: 'This is the best and final bid and I just want some clarity now. Choose one party and move on because time has run out.

'We are ready to go now and we can complete this very, very quickly. And that's what the club needs.'

Ticketus will still have a hugely significant role to play as they are currently the major creditors - before a looming tax tribunal decision - and could block a CVA.

Murray has previously stated his deal with Ticketus made a CVA more likely as it removed them from the equation. The firm could also be pivotal in the future of Whyte's 85 per cent shareholding.

Whyte gave personal guarantees on capital provided by Ticketus and could be pursued for any shortfall. That could be used as leverage to take his shares if Ticketus felt it would provide a return for investors.

When confirming their withdrawal, Ticketus pointed to complexities caused by 'delays to the administration process' and football rulings.

Their statement read: 'Our willingness to be part of a solution for the club was undertaken with the objective to agree terms that would satisfy our investors' needs as well as being in the interests of the club, its fans and its creditors.

'Regrettably it became impossible to reconcile these interests with the proposals put forward by the Blue Knights as the terms of a deal became clearer.'

Miller has proposed buying the club's assets and transferring to a new company, although he initially asked for 'written assurances' from the football authorities that there would be no sanctions next season.

As well as a £160,000 fine and a 12-month transfer embargo from the SFA, which Rangers have appealed, they could face Scottish Premier League sanctions.

SPL clubs meet on Monday to discuss financial fair play proposals which would see a newco club deducted 10 points for two seasons and lose 75 per cent of their league income for three years.

Manager Ally McCoist was keen to retain a neutral stance on potential new owners. He said earlier: 'I have spoken to Bill Miller on numerous occasions and I would definitely have to say he also has the club's best interests at heart.

'The fact he and I had a conversation for well over an hour after the (SFA) decision on Monday night would indicate he is seriously interested.

'I have spoken to Brian Kennedy and Paul Murray on numerous occasions. If either of those gentlemen got control of the club, there would be no problem at all.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2136288/Bill-Miller-makes-bid-Rangers-rival-Blue-Knights.html#ixzz1tHCFgpoC

The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun 29 Apr 2012, 6:17 pm

I had to smile about the Parkheid tannoys playing 'When will I see you again' at the end of the OF game!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 5:30 am

Some light relief for Rangers fans:

"Portuguese Premier League club Uniao Leiria took to the pitch with only eight players for their match against Feirense on Sunday after 16 squad members submitted collective resignation letters over delays in salary payments ... Leiria president Joao Bartolomeu said in the post-match news conference that Malian midfielder Keita, who was expected to take part in the match, stole a suitcase of money from the club just before the game started. ... "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/04/30/portugal.team.eight.men/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 01 May 2012, 9:26 am

Jose Mourinho used to manage them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 01 May 2012, 9:55 am

What are they doing with suitcases of money lying about. Laugh
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 01 May 2012, 10:59 pm

First read at this thread for a wee while...first of all well done Hero for trying to keep posters on track.

No matter how you look at this now there is a huge question mark hanging over the Scottish game. If Rangers don't get pushed down to Div 3 there will be a loss of credibility in some peoples eyes, if they do the repercussions could be the final nail in the coffin for the Scottish game ....why?
1) Does anyone seriously think Sky would want to pay anything to screen games from a 1 team league
2) The other 10 "wee teams" in the SPL would not only have to cope with less TV money but they would also have 3-4 less windfall games a year.
3) Crowds in general would drop off as the league would already be decided by the end of September.
4) Apart from anything else there would be logistical difficulties fortnightly for the authorities trying to handle Rangers away games in stadia equipped for a few hundred people.

A few people would find it amusing and sneer and snigger and feel holier than thou and smug for a few months but after that....what? Progress for the Scottish game? I don't think so.

The whole shambles has dragged out too long and I'm not talking about since Feb 14th....HMRC should NEVER have allowed the EBT issue to fester if they thought something was amiss...quite frankly they should either drop the case or explain why it took them 10 years to decide that what Rangers had been doing was inappropriate or wrong. The SFA/SPL have now come to the conclusion that Craig Whyte was unfit to hold a position within Scottish football. Fine but it would be useful if they explained what if any due diligence they did before the deal went through.

How can anyone be expected to conclude a deal to buy a business under those circumstances. Why has there been such a delay in the tribunal for the big tax question (the EBT one), if HMRC are so confident they will win it why don't they expedite it? With regard to the "wee" tax bill...simply address the demand to Mr C Whyte. Job done, new owners come in and know where they stand and can start rebuilding. Anything more than that smacks of Celtic colluding with the wee teams to engineer holding Rangers down while they make a good 3-4 season start on 10 in a row.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 02 May 2012, 9:01 am

Stay off this thread Duncan you are not welcome. Don't try and act like a silly kid who hasn't done anything wrong. We will not be abused at the expense of your boredum. If there is nothing happening on your American sports threads then find another forum. The only reason you have lasted this long after joining from the start is because you haven't posted much, and because you joined from the start you will understand this is not a place for WUM's.

Good post JAS. The whole thing has been a shambles, the amount of time it has took has been a joke. Don't let idiots like Duncan put you off posting.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 02 May 2012, 9:21 am

You can get the Flip off my thread you little Cat, you think because your bored your are going to be able to come on here on the windup, don't think so mate.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 9:22 am

JAS wrote:First read at this thread for a wee while...first of all well done Hero for trying to keep posters on track.

No matter how you look at this now there is a huge question mark hanging over the Scottish game. If Rangers don't get pushed down to Div 3 there will be a loss of credibility in some peoples eyes, if they do the repercussions could be the final nail in the coffin for the Scottish game ....why?
1) Does anyone seriously think Sky would want to pay anything to screen games from a 1 team league
2) The other 10 "wee teams" in the SPL would not only have to cope with less TV money but they would also have 3-4 less windfall games a year.
3) Crowds in general would drop off as the league would already be decided by the end of September.
4) Apart from anything else there would be logistical difficulties fortnightly for the authorities trying to handle Rangers away games in stadia equipped for a few hundred people.

A few people would find it amusing and sneer and snigger and feel holier than thou and smug for a few months but after that....what? Progress for the Scottish game? I don't think so.

The whole shambles has dragged out too long and I'm not talking about since Feb 14th....HMRC should NEVER have allowed the EBT issue to fester if they thought something was amiss...quite frankly they should either drop the case or explain why it took them 10 years to decide that what Rangers had been doing was inappropriate or wrong. The SFA/SPL have now come to the conclusion that Craig Whyte was unfit to hold a position within Scottish football. Fine but it would be useful if they explained what if any due diligence they did before the deal went through.

How can anyone be expected to conclude a deal to buy a business under those circumstances. Why has there been such a delay in the tribunal for the big tax question (the EBT one), if HMRC are so confident they will win it why don't they expedite it? With regard to the "wee" tax bill...simply address the demand to Mr C Whyte. Job done, new owners come in and know where they stand and can start rebuilding. Anything more than that smacks of Celtic colluding with the wee teams to engineer holding Rangers down while they make a good 3-4 season start on 10 in a row.

There is no way the SPL will vote against a newco. The other clubs understand that they need the Old Firm and Celtic know we need Rangers and they need us. Without the Old Firm we are no better than the Leagues in Ireland or Wales.

As for Celtic colluding with the wee teams that's not fair. There is nothing to suggest Celtic are pushing for Rangers to be punished any more than any other club. Remember Rangers aren't the victims the clubs and companies they owe money to are.

Unfortunately Scottish football is in no position for a fair punishment to be dished out. Looking at the punishments the SFA handed out I thought they were acceptable except the fine. I never seen the point in fining a club when they can't pay their bills they have.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 02 May 2012, 9:38 am

Rangers Debts £140,000,000
Rangers fine by the SFA £160,000.
I think that is 0.01.5%

Do you really think that is unfair.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 9:45 am

Doon the Water wrote:Rangers Debts £140,000,000
Rangers fine by the SFA £160,000.
I think that is 0.01.5%

Do you really think that is unfair.

It's not the level of the fine it's the actual fine. It could be a tenner and I would still say what is the point in fining a club who can't pay there bills.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 02 May 2012, 11:16 am

Do I get the impression that some here want Rangers to be considered as a special case and because they have so many fans, an exception should be made for them to keep the SKY money and the away fans they bring? I know football is now all about money but what precedent would that create?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 02 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Celtic and Rangers deserve special treatment. We have kept the other clubs afloat for years. I've said it before fans of clubs outside the Old Firm wouldn't know what their stadium looked like when it was full if it wasn't for the Old Firm.

As for the other SPL clubs voting on how Rangers should be dealt with. Most of these clubs have high levels of debt and almost finished themselves off with their Setanta deal which the Old Frim were against which is the main reason for the 11-1 voting system being the correct way for the SPL to be run.

These small clubs shouldn't get a say what happens to Rangers that should be up to the few clubs who are actually well run. It should be up to Celtic how Rangers are dealt with by the SPL we are the ones who have been screwed. Rangers cheated Celtic out of trophies no one else.

Apparently Peter Lawell is the only person in the SPL capable of running a club properly so it should be left to him. He wouldn't put Rangers out of business he's not daft he would punish them correctly making sure they were still competitive enough to keep Sky happy. The other clubs are just after a pound of flesh.

Before anyone goes on about it being unfair for Lawell to have a say remember rangers aren't the victims. The clubs who were well run and got screwed out of trophies and the people owed money are the victims.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Wed 02 May 2012, 5:38 pm

JAS wrote:First read at this thread for a wee while...first of all well done Hero for trying to keep posters on track.

To answer your points..

1) I believe if Rangers are gone/div 3 the league will become more competitive. Celtic may dominate for a couple seasons but they will get worse and the other teams better. There are practically no 1 team leagues. Last time that Rangers were rubbish, Celtic didnt win everything. The tv deal only benefits the Old Firm.

2) Using Aberdeen as an example, when the OF are in town we normally get 17k going up to 18-19k if we're playing decent.
Normally we get about 9k going up to 11-12k if we're playing decent. Now given that if they vanished we'd still be playing someone instead of rangers, we can assume that we would get our average crowd. So right now with their two 'visits' a year, their existence seems to provide us with around 16,000 paying customers per season.
That's less that 1000 punters for each home game of the year, or one decent European night, or our share of a cup semi final. without their cheating, bigoted presence, the league would only get more competitive, there would be more cup finals and european places up for grabs, and therefore more european nights in following seasons.
Every team in the league would improve their numbers, and to suggest Aberdeen couldn't make up 16k over a season is ridiculous.

3) Like I said before, I think the league will become more competitive especially with a Champions League spot up for grabs. Celtic may walk it the first few seasons but the rest of the clubs will continue to fight for the rest. Right now, for the rest of the clubs, the league is already decided at the start of the season (1 of the OF) yet people still turn up. Only lack of fans will be Rangers ones.

4) Don't see the problem here. You have 200 away tickets = 200 away fans, nothing else you can do. Price them at £100 each maybe???

The only people who will feel smug etc about it will be Celtic fans. The rest of the teams fans will feel one step closer to a fairer league with the voting system (11-1) will actually be practical and changes can actually be made to benefit all teams.

I don't know a great deal about the tax case so comment on your point there. With the regards to the SFA allowing Craig Whyte to buy Rangers, they were very wrong. The only point in their favour was that Rangers fans were ecstatic about him and his promises. Can you imagine the uproar from them if the SFA blocked him? Still not a excuse, they didnt do their job properly.

The only people to blame are the Rangers owners, former owners, directors etc. Why should the taxman be helping them out? They have dodged taxes for years, winning countless unfair trophies.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next