The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toby Flood

5 posters

Go down

Toby Flood Empty Toby Flood

Post by perand25 Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 16:24

He didn't do himself any favours today , very poor distribution and continually tried the inside ball that just didn't work

Thoughts?

perand25

Back to top Go down

Toby Flood Empty Re: Toby Flood

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 16:26

Wilkinson is much better.
Last week Wilkinson kept the score board ticking over, and Wales had to much to do when they made their come back in the last quarter.
This week Flood kept lining up big men on the crash ball, it failed for 60 minutes, Wales only had 3 points to make up despite being under huge pressure for 60 minutes. Wales did their come back, their fitness levells told and england lost.
If wilkinson had played Wales would of lost today.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 16:55

Ido think that he as played himself out of the staring 22 for the next game i would like to see Hodgson given more game timeoff the bench.

Johnny Wilkinson will now start the next game for certain. if Flood does not pull himself together i can see Johnson leaving him behind.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydubs1977 Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 17:08

Flood had possibly the worst game of anyone on the pitch today. I have been a supporter of his, but he was lost out there.
No control over the game, no creativity, no options when Plan A was failing him.
Wilkinson at least brought runners into the game last week, kicked the points when things slowed up, and had forwards running off him on the front foot. He must start against Ireland, and I would give Hodgson game time in two weeks to decide whether Flood will even get on the plane.

jaydubs1977

Back to top Go down

Post by perand25 Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 17:22

Hodgson should really of got more game time , too late now though. Wilko should start next game with Hodgson on the bench but if England are losing that game too them I can't see him getting more than 10 minutes again . I still get very concerned about Hodgsons defence though .

perand25

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Sat 13 Aug 2011 - 17:55

Harsh on Flood he really had very little options outside him, Hape is useless and Tindall was poor today. Wilkinson also got quicker ball and his outiside backs played a lot better. Flood had very little pace to use in the back 3 also which did not help.

Flood needs to command the ball more and makes things happen. It wasnt solely his fault for not getting points on the ball, it was a team decision. It would be nice for him to use the drop goal which he rarely maybe never does. Wilkinson does seem to have more presence on the pitch when things are going wrong, Flood does seem to disappear.

Shouldn't right off Flood completely, he has played very well this year for England and is still a good player. But this game has raised many questions and pretty much solved nothing as all the players in the team today were expected to travel to New Zealand.

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down