The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US & IC Titles

4 posters

Go down

US & IC Titles Empty US & IC Titles

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 19 Feb - 22:50

When is Daniel Bryan ever going to put it on the line? Total joke! Similar story with the IC! Why is Del Rio even facing Kingston? Surely they'd have both defend at a PPV!? I remember back in the early 2000's when the IC title matches used to be so so good! They have so many good mid carders who could put on a lot of good matches! Why has it taken such a dip? They must surely look at an IC/US title unification at Mania?

Hope to get a decent debate here, I've missed the board! :friend:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

US & IC Titles Empty Re: US & IC Titles

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb - 22:54

Good point Steve.

These belts seem to be on the back burner at the moment and not held in the same prestige that they once were.
There are loads of mid card wrestlers that could put on some great championship matches and build some decent fueds.
Not sure why this is.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 19 Feb - 23:00

I'm hoping beyond hope that asap Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) upgrades to Raw and him and Bryan get a long term rivarly.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 19 Feb - 23:03

It has taken a serious back burner mate! The most annoying thing of it all like you mentioned also there are so many guys like Rhodes, Gabriel, McIntyre, Swagger, DiBiase, the two title holders and even JoMo if they felt he needed another mid card run before giving his ultimate push who could all go put on some tremendous matches and feuds at PPV's! The WWE are missing out on a lot of possibly great matches for us to enjoy! Like I said there were times in the E where the IC match would steal the show! The Benoit & Jericho ladder match back in 2001 was one of the best I'd ever seen! Why turn it into a total joke? The writers need a serious hoof!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 19 Feb - 23:14

there was a rumor going around that alberto del rio will win the title from kofi and have a ic vs whc match at wrestlemania

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb - 23:22

was Jericho the last person to hold both belts? His fued with Kofi is obviously leading to something. maybes your right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 19 Feb - 23:33

would certainly make it interesting cos then alberto could be double champion or if he loses at wm still ic champ.

if they just make him ic champ im going to say he's rubbed up someone the wrong way backstage to go from wm main event to ic champ.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 20 Feb - 13:20

Very good point there Fernando. They could spring the surprise on Kofi tonight at the event and make it an IC match. You think they'd unify the WH & IC titles at Wrestlemania? They have to do something with the Kingston & Del Rio match tonight or it is a seriously pointless match. EVen worse, what if they make Del Rio lose? Shocked

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sun 20 Feb - 14:56

you raise a very good point steve, I can't remember the last time Bryan defended the US title

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down