The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moody ready for England

Go down

Moody ready for England Empty Moody ready for England

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011 - 20:11

Bath boss Steve Meehan says Lewis Moody is ready to start for England against France next week after his return to action against Northampton on Saturday.

Moody made a 23-minute appearance as Bath battered Saints 38-8 at The Rec in the Aviva Premiership, and Meehan believes he is fit enough to start again for England.

After captaining England during the autumn, Moody missed the RBS Six Nations wins over Wales and Italy through injury, and has had limited action in the last five weeks.

However, Meehan would not be surprised if Moody started for England at Twickenham on Saturday against France, most likely in place of James Haskell, and also regained the captaincy off Mike Tindall.

"Martin Johnson hinted at it in the week when he said that guys who have been around for 10 years with 70 caps (like Moody) have credits in the bank," said Meehan.

"If he is fit enough, and as captain, I wouldn't be surprised if he ran out against France."

More on the story here at Sky Sports Click Here

Back to top Go down

Moody ready for England Empty moodys return

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 20 Feb 2011 - 21:29

Although i would like to see moody back for England, i dont think England should bring him straight back in at the expence of Wood or Haskel, maybe on the bench for his first return.

The pack at the moment are working fine as it is.

Why change something that is working well, just for the sake of changing it?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down